First (and Second) Find!

Walkafire

Hi all....

Found my First and Second Caches, was pretty kewl to find 'em.

Does this mean I am hooked?

I hail from Longmont, Colorado.

50 year old (young?) Male

Hoping to hook up my GPS on my Harley :yikes:

I just bought a Legend HCx.

Ordered the City Nav. Map and the US Topo Maps.

dang they are pricey!

Hope to run into some of you out there somewhere.....

Doug

WALK

I think that it is possible to make a swift retreat from geocaching before you hit 10 Finds. Just go and sit in a darkened room with a non-alcoholic beverage of your choice and ask yourself a few pertinent questions like,

"Am I prepared to go out, in all weathers, into unknown terrain, to find a (possibly damp and grotty) container in which to scribble my signature?"

"Will I be able to face my muggle friends and justify this new hobby?"

"Will geocaching be detrimental to my family life?"

"Do I really want to be doing this stuff?"

When you've given yourself carefully considered answers, put down your empty mug and slowly approach your PC: If your fingers automatically hit your bookmark for geocaching.com then I fear you are beyond redemption.

MrsB :ph34r:

I think that it is possible to make a swift retreat from geocaching before you hit 10 Finds. Just go and sit in a darkened room with a non-alcoholic beverage of your choice and ask yourself a few pertinent questions like,

"Am I prepared to go out, in all weathers, into unknown terrain, to find a (possibly damp and grotty) container in which to scribble my signature?"

"Will I be able to face my muggle friends and justify this new hobby?"

"Will geocaching be detrimental to my family life?"

"Do I really want to be doing this stuff?"

When you've given yourself carefully considered answers, put down your empty mug and slowly approach your PC: If your fingers automatically hit your bookmark for geocaching.com then I fear you are beyond redemption.

MrsB :ph34r:

Heh. :lol: Just found our second and third caches today so I reckon I could probably just escape now. I don't want to though. :)

Hi all....

Hoping to hook up my GPS on my Harley :rolleyes:

dang they are pricey!

Doug

WALK

Welcome Doug! I'd say you're hooked <_<

We found our first one today! Actually 4 out of 6....all close to home. We haven't figured out the GPS thing yet but I'm sure the light will come on soon! We downloaded the coordinates to the GPS, then while we were out, we picked the closest to our location and set out on foot. We found the waypoint for the two we missed, but found nothing to log our find. Tomorrow we are out again to find at least one more. Can't say we are hooked yet, but it did get us out of the house.

MrsB :D

Mrs. B I fear it's too late ... tho we've only found 2, I never thought family time could be so much fun ... I attended an event today and met a cute pig that loves geocaching and a whole bunch of his friends ....

I'm hooked :D

Edited by ImaMystic

I'm a newbie too... my partner got me a handheld gps unit for xmas - actually she paid for it - she didn't know what to get so I found a great deal on a barely used Magellan 500 LE on Craigslist. On my first time out I found 2 caches and missed one. On the second day I found the one I missed and 2 more! I just placed my first and am awaiting review (anyone know how long that usually takes?). I have a big bag of trade swag and several excellent containers I found at the dollar store. I printed custom labels, laminated cards and am making homemade custom logbooks. I also ordered some travel bugs and inexpensive working compasses and plastic magnifying glasses for additional swag.

cache_card.jpg

Am I hooked?

NO! I can quit anytime I want to... :angry:

Edited by gonzoid54

Mrs. B I fear it's too late ... tho we've only found 2, I never thought family time could be so much fun ... I attended an event today and met a cute pig that loves geocaching and a whole bunch of his friends ....

I'm hooked :)

'A cute pig', eh? :D

You'll meet all sorts of odd characters in the world of geocaching. :huh:

MrsB

Hummmm..... I never thought myself as odd!!! :)

mrs catsnfish

My 1st cache that I placed had a geocoin dropped in it today (the 2nd day of this cache's existence) that originated in Quebec, traveled to Europe and ended up in my neighborhood. Amazing... OK I'm hooked... :angry:

I'm set up to place six more caches and planning to find many more. I know I'm a newbie but this has been really fun!

Edited by gonzoid54

Hi all....

Hoping to hook up my GPS on my Harley :angry:

dang they are pricey!

Doug

WALK

Welcome!! I was new in December and am still hooked. I'm so hooked that I've been out in the cold Windy Wyoming weather caching on weekends. Enjoy!!