Considering Hiding a New ALR Cache: Finds May Be Claimed

Introduction

I am no stranger to the realm of creating ALR caches whereof the special ALR requirements are so restrictive or demanding that many prospective cache seekers will not be able to quality for a find, and just one recent example is my recent cache (coverd in a separate and earlier thread) which required that any finder must leave their own soul or someone else's soul in the cache in return for claiming a find.

A Bit of Background

Stigmatics (who tend to display spontaneous wounds and/or bleeding from the hands, feet, side of the abdomen, the eyes or the scalp) and victim souls (who are claimed to suffer for the illnesses or errors of others) have been a fixture of many religions since thousands of years before the advent of Chrisitianity, and both are rather common in modern days in Christianity, Hinduism, some sects of Tibetan Buddhism, and in various South and Central American religions such as Candomble (which has African roots), spiritism, and the Peruvian curanderos. And, some few stigmatics, such has the 1972 stigmatic Cioretta Robertson of Oakland, CA, and some of the non-affiliated gurus and yogis from India, have been entirely non-denominational.

Some well-known stigmatics of modern times and of the recent past include:

• Padre Pio (aka St. Pio of Pietrelcina)
  • Audrey Santo
  • the Hindu saint Chaitanya Mahaprabhu
  • Gemma Galgani (1878-1903)
  • Theresa Neumann (died 1962) weeped blood
  • the modern Italian stigmatic Giorgio Bongiovanni (he regularly shows up at religious gatherings and UFO conventions)
  • the modern Italian stigmatic Domenica Lo Bianco
  • Mother Theresa
  • Cioretta Robertson
  • some Sufi mystics

and some well-known victim souls of modern times and the recent past include (and please note that there will be some cross-over from the stigmatic list, as some persons are/were both):

• Ma Amma (Hindu guru)
  • Veronica of the Cross
  • Sister Josefa Menendez
  • Padre Pio (aka St. Pio of Pietrelcina)
  • Audrey Santo
  • Filomena Dingle
  • Veronica of the Cross
  • Little Rose, whose full name was Marie Rose Ferron
  • Saint Faustina
  • Sister Consolata Betrone (b.1903)
  • several Hindu and Jain yogic gurus from India

My Proposal

I am strongly considering emplacing a new ALR cache, where the additional logging requirement is that the cache may be logged as a find only by persons who are stigmatic or victim souls, or who were accompanied during their find by a validated stigmatic or victim soul. All those who wish to claim a find will need to submit reasonable proof that they are a stigmatic or a victim soul, and those who claim that they were accompanied by a recognized stigmatic or victim soul will need to provide an unaltered photograph showing them at the cache site with the stigmatic or the victim soul, along with a signed note stating that they were accompanied by the person (i.e., the stigmatic or victim soul) on the cache hunt.

My Questions

First, due to the rather limited opportunities that this cache will offer for cachers to log a valid find, I am wondering what most of you (with the exception of Sionevil, who is evil, anyway) think of this cache concept.

Next, and again due to the rather limited opportunities that this cache will offer for cachers to log a valid find, I am wondering if it might be wisest to open up the breadth of the ALR requirements a bit, and allow a few outlier categories as well, just to increase the odds that a cache hunter might be able to claim a find. For example, the field could conceivably be broadened to include those who have had a major enlightenment experience, or those who have ever levitated, those who are able to perform bilocation, or those who are able to exhibit psychic teleportation (aka psychoportation, apport or human apportation.) What are your thoughts on this matter?

Thank you in advance for your feedback!

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team
  • Ma Amma (Hindu guru)

• Veronica of the Cross
  • Sister Josefa Menendez
  • Padre Pio
  • Audrey Santo
  • Filomena Dingle

• Veronica of the Cross
  • Little Rose, whose full name was Marie Rose Ferron
  • Saint Faustina
  • Sister Consolata Betrone (b.1903)

Was Veronica also able to bilocate?

I don't know if it is claimed that Veronica was able to bilocate, but it has been widely claimed that Padre Pio (aka St. Pio of Pietrelcina) was able to bilocate, and that the Christian Saint Theresa was able to bilocate, and a number of Hindu and Jain yogic gurus from India have been claimed to be able to bilocate, along with a few Tibetan Buddhist masters. It has also been claimed the the Catholic self-styled visionary and Doomsday Prophet Gianna Sullivan, who, incidentally, is based just a few miles from my home, has been able to bilocate, but I tend to agree with the Catholic church and a lot of cultwatch organizations that she is deluded and that her abilities and visions are, well, rather suspect.

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team

1) Many of the people on your "modern" list of people able to fulfill the ALRs are dead.

2) If I forget my camera, would signing the log using the blood from the stigmata be acceptable proof?

3) Would taking a picture of myself at the cache site holding a signed photo or other personal affect of a stigmatic or victim soul be sufficient to fulfill the ALRs?

Introduction

... is my recent cache (coverd in a separate and earlier thread) which required that any finder must leave their own soul or someone else's soul in the cache in return for claiming a find.

I didn't look up your previous thread or the cache page, but is Toby, Robot Satan, aware of the fact that you're stealing his souls?

Since many of the stigmatics and victim souls on your list are either dead or from foreign lands, you might end up with a very limited number of cachers indeed!

I'm not even sure if a dead stigmatic or victim soul could be photographed, even if I were able to contact and convince one to accompany me on a cache hunt. :lol:

Perhaps if you broadened to criteria to include martyrs, you would get more visitors to the cache. This classification would be able to encompass many Jewish mothers and Catholics, among others. Even if one isn't a Jewish mother or Catholic, it wouldn't be too difficult to wrangle one to go caching. B)

This seems far to easy an ALR to meet. I often return from a day of geocaching with wounds that have appeared on my body of which I have no recollection, bloated blood filled organisms that have spontaneously grown from my skin, and rashes that appear my extremities often a day or two later for no apparent reason. Bring it on.

This seems far to easy an ALR to meet. I often return from a day of geocaching with wounds that have appeared on my body of which I have no recollection, bloated blood filled organisms that have spontaneously grown from my skin, and rashes that appear my extremities often a day or two later for no apparent reason. Bring it on.

He's got a point!

Since many of the stigmatics and victim souls on your list are either dead or from foreign lands, you might end up with a very limited number of cachers indeed!. . .

Well, let me be perfectly clear in pointing out that the short lists of famous stigmatics and victim souls from current times and recent history that I offered was merely an introduction to some of the better known members of those groups, to give readers some kind of idea of what stigmatics and victim souls are. In reality, there are many more than the few famous stigmatics and victim souls on my lists in existence, and any of them will do!

My thoughts are that you should set these caches as soon as suitable locations have been selected!

We need to make Geocaching as "all inclusive" as possible and we should be doing all in our powers to encourage stigmatics and victim souls to participate in the Never Ending Quest for plastic boxes.

I doubt I shall be able to log any finds myself (my bilocation powers are weak to negligible) but I would certainly be interested to watch such cache listings from afar and post supportive notes where necessary.

(I assume the swag will include sufficient supplies of Bandaid plasters and latex gloves? :lol: )

MrsB

Will the photograph of the stigmatic need to show the actual wound? Are stigmatics allowed if they are non-symptomatic due to being under treatment for hemophilia?

If you want to broaden it, perhaps you could allow anyone capable of believing three impossible things before breakfast. This being an election year, many people would be eligible.

Finally, would bifocals substitute for bilocation?

Edward

I think it's evil.

Okay... so, let me get this straight... here we have Satan (it is commonly accepted among a majority of theologians that Sioneva is Satan; however, see footnote #1) telling us that something is evil. I see. I get it. Okay!

footnote #1: For the record, it should be noted that while a majority of theologians believe that Sioneva is Satan (and most of them concomitantly believe that Nebraska is Hell), a sizeable minority of theologians, perhaps about 34%, believe that she is merely Satan's Handmaiden.

I already did the FTF on this one, so cool it, guys.

I scored the FTF, by channeling, a week & 3 days before you.

From an armchair in Stuttgart.

And got the 2nd & 3rd stages 2 days before that.

And I've got the photos to prove it.

So you cool it.

:)

"I am wondering what most of you (with the exception of Sionevil, who is evil, anyway) think of this cache concept. ..."

That Vinny has far FAR too much time on his hands?

\not that there isn't anything not wrong with that!

~*

Well Vinny this is a great idea for a ARL on a cache but don't expect a lot of traffic. It's kind of like my one that you had to be of the Amish life style and values to be able to qualify for a "find" on the cache. Nobody ever did log that one. :anicute: There's still hope though.

If I call in a palm reader to hold a seance at the cache location I think I'll be able to channel in one of the proper souls to claim this cache. Too bad when I contacted the famous Clieo, she was too busy with her daily activites to accompany me to the cache location. She has assured me that with the proper donation to her cause she will be able to contact and get the needed souls to visit. Maybe she'll get some free time sometime soon and we can get over and nab it.