Dr Sollys Chiltern Hundred series

A few of us are going to attempt some of this mammoth series (over 100) mainly on saturday and wondered if anyone else would like to join us.Theres also rustic camping available free of charge over the w/e for the more hardy of you..there will be a roast on saturday night with drinks and a fire.if anyones intrested feel free to contact me through my profile..this isnt a smiley event i hasten to add :(

A few of us are going to attempt some of this mammoth series (over 100) mainly on saturday and wondered if anyone else would like to join us.Theres also rustic camping available free of charge over the w/e for the more hardy of you..there will be a roast on saturday night with drinks and a fire.if anyones intrested feel free to contact me through my profile..this isnt a smiley event i hasten to add :(

Will any bad language be used? ;)

108 of the 109 ring caches found in 2 days and the only DNF was down to dodgy co-ords. Great fun- Thank you Sollys for a great challenge!
start to finish by foot? How many in 24 hours?

well done all!

as a PURELY hypothetical question ;) what's the 24 hour by foot record at the mo?

No, not all by foot (we drove a short section to save the walk) but this would be perfectly doable that way. I did it over two days, with the first being longer (8am-5pm, 62 caches-a new personal record) and the second being 10am-5pm with an hour for lunch and almost an hour not finding a DNF which had dodgy co-ords. If you were to eat on the hoof, you could reasonably do all three loops of the Chiltern Hundred in about 14 hours... Anyone fancy that challenge?

I believe the 24h record is 123, but that wasn't all on foot. I suspect Dewdrops and his buddy who did these rings the other day/night might have done them all on foot and so might be the '24 hours on foot' record holders. If so, well done them. It was punishing enough over two days in daylight. ;)

Edited by Simply Paul

as a PURELY hypothetical question :wub: what's the 24 hour by foot record at the mo?

Assuming these are correct and current (ie. pre drsolly's 100), and having done 75 of the series (including 73x FTF) last Tuesday on foot in 11 hours 38 minutes (09:40 to 21:18), I would claim that I held, as of 12/8/08, the following records:

- Most on foot in a day: 75 (listed 65)

- Most by a solo cacher in 12 hours: 75 (listed 54)

- Most FTF's on a day: 73 (listed 26) :D;)

However, I think some of these have already expired. Mr.Dewdrop and agrajag2007 did 104 on Wednesday 13th, not sure if they did all on foot - might have surpassed "on foot" number. And Rodz has done 107 on Friday 15th with 106 (before the bonus) in 14 hours 48 minutes, so I assume he would have broken the 12 hours solo record at some point of his day. He reckons he cycled over 95% of the route, so probably he would also get the "most on pedal bike" record.

And I don't know who else was breaking records on the weekend... ;)

But remember, it's not about the numbers... :wub::wub:;)

Edited by luzian

yesterday we managed to walk round 99 of the 100 before stopping, what an excellent series, so far, we will be back to try and finish it.

it is a nice area to walk around, and not just a collection of micro's.

the hard bit was trying to write a different log for each cache

well done dr solly and i look forward to finishing the series.

yesterday we managed to walk round 99 of the 100 before stopping, what an excellent series, so far, we will be back to try and finish it.

it is a nice area to walk around, and not just a collection of micro's.

the hard bit was trying to write a different log for each cache

well done dr solly and i look forward to finishing the series.

May I take this opportunity to thank sssss on behalf of Odd Woman for finding her sunglasses and I believe is in the process fo returning them via Royal Mail.

She was so enthralled with the days caching that at or near to #48, she left them at GZ.

Thank you.