Greasemonkey and GC Find Counter

Team Balders

On a cache page, I used to see a separate count of my logs at the top of the page. It was handy to see if I'd found a cache without expanding the page to show all logs. It isn't working for me now and I reinstalled the script I think should do it. Is this not working for anyone else?

A million thanks!

Thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks.

OK, I only did 100 for brevity. :D

On a cache page, I used to see a separate count of my logs at the top of the page. It was handy to see if I'd found a cache without expanding the page to show all logs. It isn't working for me now and I reinstalled the script I think should do it. Is this not working for anyone else?

That's a different script, which added log totals by type to the page. I haven't updated it, since that's now included in the site's software. But I've heard from a lot of people that they'd still like the summary of their own logs at the top of the page. So I'm planning to create a new script that only does that, so you don't get the double list of totals.

thanks! thanks! thanks! thanks! thanks! thanks! thanks! thanks! thanks! thanks! thanks! thanks! thanks! thanks!

I've been checking the website, but it still shows the old version there

I've been making update to the code as I can, but haven't update the descriptions yet. If it's a rainy Sunday, I may dedicate the afternoon to organizing the updates.

On a cache page, I used to see a separate count of my logs at the top of the page. It was handy to see if I'd found a cache without expanding the page to show all logs. ...

That's a different script, which added log totals by type to the page. I haven't updated it, since that's now included in the site's software. But I've heard from a lot of people that they'd still like the summary of their own logs at the top of the page. So I'm planning to create a new script that only does that, so you don't get the double list of totals.

Even better, check out my new Geocaching VIP List script. Imagine having links to not only your own logs, but also to the logs of certain, special cachers. These "VIPs" might be your friends, family, or anyone else you want to keep an eye on.

The following will appear just below the "Navigation" buttons on the right-hand side of all cache pages. (of course with links to YOUR VIPs.)

VIP-logs-bold.png

The script also adds a quick indication next to the cache title, of whether YOU have found the cache or not. And if that's not enough, the most powerful feature gives you the ability to see only the logs that YOU want to see. Check out the link below for more information.

VIP-found-smiley.pngVIP-cache-logs-titlebar.png

Geocaching VIP List

Speaking of Greasemonkey...

I asked this before and was told it was a Greasemonkey script, but I can't find it.

My cache pages used to show a hyperlink in the top right corner for all my logs for that particular cache. That is now gone. How do I get it back?

see post #6 above.

I asked this before and was told it was a Greasemonkey script, but I can't find it.

My cache pages used to show a hyperlink in the top right corner for all my logs for that particular cache. That is now gone. How do I get it back?

see post #6 above.

Oops...Thanks!

Prime Suspect's True Totals script used to do that but it was broken by recent site changes. My new Geocaching VIP List script does all that True Totals used to do and much, much more. Check it out.

For that matter, you can exactly duplicate the old functionality by setting yourself as a "VIP" then turning off most of the options, so it only shows your own logs. But if you play with the extended functions a bit, I'm sure you'll find this script much more useful.

The page for the script says:

"For a quick indication of whether you've found a cache or not, a smiley or frownie is added next to the cache title. Click on it to scroll to your cache log."

But I'm either seeing a smiley, or nothing, in accordance with my finds. Not a problem, just a difference.

"For a quick indication of whether you've found a cache or not, a smiley or frownie is added next to the cache title. Click on it to scroll to your cache log."

But I'm either seeing a smiley, or nothing, in accordance with my finds. Not a problem, just a difference.

I just tested this, and found that I get a frownie if I have posted a DNF (and not found it). That's the way I would expect.

Do you have all the logs showing? It looks like your log has to be viewable on the cache page for this to work.

The smiley overrides the DNF frown by the cache title but both are listed in the VIP list along with notes and such by you.

I've expanded that text a bit for clarification. Let me know if it's still not clear.

For a quick indication of whether you've found a cache or not, a smiley is added next to the cache title if you've found the cache, or a frownie is added if you've logged a DNF. This indication is based on the logs shown on the page - if only 5 logs are loaded, but your log is the 8th, there will be no indicator. Clicking on the smiley or frownie will scroll the page down to your log entry.

edit: "or a frownie" is more correct than "and a frownie"

Edited by Lil Devil

I've expanded that text a bit for clarification. Let me know if it's still not clear.

For a quick indication of whether you've found a cache or not, a smiley is added next to the cache title if you've found the cache, or a frownie is added if you've logged a DNF. This indication is based on the logs shown on the page - if only 5 logs are loaded, but your log is the 8th, there will be no indicator. Clicking on the smiley or frownie will scroll the page down to your log entry.

Super, that's kind of what I figured. One more question: any special reason the 'VIP' badge next to my own name turns red instead of green?

Sounds good!

Super, that's kind of what I figured. One more question: any special reason the 'VIP' badge next to my own name turns red instead of green?

I think your name is supposed to turn red and bold. Not sure about the VIP badge though (I've turned them off).

Red is for your posts, blue for the cache owner's posts, and green for the other vips, I think.

Bingo. These colors are configurable in the code, and I'll probably make them configurable via the interface in the future.

In the "Options" you can currently turn off the extra red and blue highlighting altogether.

Do you have all the logs showing? It looks like your log has to be viewable on the cache page for this to work.

Yes, all the logs have to show for a person to show up in your VIP list if they're log isn't one of the initial 5 to show up.

If you don't want to have to scroll down and click the link to "View them all on one page", grab a copy of Prime Suspect's "Show All Logs" script. When you visit a cache page, it makes all the logs on the page show without having to click anything.

Thanks for the script. I spent better part of yesterday giving FF3 another try. The newest version (3.01) is working better for me than ver3 did. Installed several scripts & add-ons & all is good so far.

One SMART thing I did was create a bookmark folder called Add-Ons & Scripts and saved the URLs where I got the scripts. Why? Because it contains the directions, tips & hints that are all being asked here. Now when I can't remember in a month, I can go look it up. :wub:

Thanks for the script. I spent better part of yesterday giving FF3 another try. The newest version (3.01) is working better for me than ver3 did. Installed several scripts & add-ons & all is good so far.

One SMART thing I did was create a bookmark folder called Add-Ons & Scripts and saved the URLs where I got the scripts. Why? Because it contains the directions, tips & hints that are all being asked here. Now when I can't remember in a month, I can go look it up. :wub:

With add-ons, you can bring up the Add-On Manager, and the context menu (right click) will take you to a particular add-on's home page.