Ten Commandments Of Geocaching

maldar

I just checked on the status of the packages and I think that they should start hitting mail boxes tomarrow or the next day. Some that have shipped with the first batch are still not showing any activity, but I know that they don't always scan every single package except when it is delivered. Cannot wait to see them in the mail box thread.

maldar

Troy, I just gotta say that you've done one INCREDIBLE job on communication with this project!

Well done!

Naomi <_<

Thank you Naomi.

You and everyone here have been really kind in this whole endevour.

I was in the middle of designing this coin when the whole pre-sale issue came to the forefront and I almost decided not to mint the coin. I'm really happy that people trusted me enough to take a chance and that I was able to deliver the coins even with the delay. I hope that buyers will point the vendors they are having problems with to this thread and say, "Look, he told us what is happening; it's his first time. Why can't you give us better information?"

It is just a thought, and I hope we will see more threads like this one from others in the future. I realize that vedors may have personal issues that arise, but I think if they breifly state the fact of the issue people will be willing to wait quietly as long as there is some communication. Take the fact that my mom had a couple strokes last year, she's doing fine now, but if that happened while I was working on this thing could have been different. But I think people here would say, "Be with your mom, we can wait", and the like. People are understanding creatures; when told what is happening they can try to relate to what the person is going through. If there is no communication they can only see it as the person running off with their money. I would feel the same way and still do in one of my eBay trasactions I never received.

I'll get off my soap box now and would like to hear what others think.

maldar

Cool, and yours was one of the ones that shipped in the second batch; except that it was priority mail so it would be faster than 1st class. I'm so happy that they are arriving. It's nice that today is my day off and tomarrow I only have to work until 3pm, so I can see these post as they roll-in.

maldar

PS Thanks John for getting me my TEAL eBay star.

Edited by maldar

are there any left? it's a neat coin. job well done!!!

ps... can't wait to see the surprise you're going to send everyone, it looks cool!!!!!!!!!

Yes, there are some left and I will be posting here when I get the website's ordering page finished. Right now I'm installing XP on my mom's and niece's new computers. I made a newb error earlier with the jumpers on the hard drives, but fixed that and now just have to reinstall everything.

maldar

10CommandmentsCoins-2.jpg

Wow, these are some incredible coins!! I added the gift card for size reference as my jaw dropped when I saw them; really outstanding Maldar! And the Thank You card was really appreciated..... :P

Sorry my photography skills just can't do these coins justice, but they are really something!

Edited by burgessfour

I am so happy that people are happy with their coins. Hopefully the coins I mint in the future will get such a reaction. As I have posted earlier I have plans for 6-8 coins either on paper or in my head floating around. Though they will be regular sized coins for the most part.

Thanks again to all those who ordered pre-sale coins.

I also hope to have the website ready for regular sales by the weekend.

Thanks again,

maldar

I knew I had some of these coins coming even though I hadn't ordered any (although I wanted to), but I was surprised when I lifted the envelope from the mailbox...HEAVY!!

Well, the three coins I had anticipated receiving turned into 7!!! WOW! Maldar, you are TOP-NOTCH my friend! Really brought a smile to my face, THANKS!!!

Maldar included a complete 4 coin set with the donation BierPatch had made of his coins (THANKS BrierPatch), I can't believe it! I am really touched my friend!

I wondered why these coins were soooo heavy, but I never would have guessed they were so BIG!!! WOW! Serious metal here!! Well done my friend, you've made a coin to be proud of! THANKS for the AWESOME gift as well!! Truly brightened my day!

I knew I had some of these coins coming even though I hadn't ordered any (although I wanted to), but I was surprised when I lifted the envelope from the mailbox...HEAVY!!

Well, the three coins I had anticipated receiving turned into 7!!! WOW! Maldar, you are TOP-NOTCH my friend! Really brought a smile to my face, THANKS!!!

Maldar included a complete 4 coin set with the donation BierPatch had made of his coins (THANKS BrierPatch), I can't believe it! I am really touched my friend!

I wondered why these coins were soooo heavy, but I never would have guessed they were so BIG!!! WOW! Serious metal here!! Well done my friend, you've made a coin to be proud of! THANKS for the AWESOME gift as well!! Truly brightened my day!

LOL, I was planning on sending you a 4 coin set before I even had the samples made; then BrierPatch emails me with his request and I'm like, WOW, SURE THING.

Everyone has been commenting on the weight and size. I think now that they have them in had they realize why the shipping was more, as it was a topic of discussion during the pre-sales. It is hard to impart size and weight in a pic.

Glad that more coins are arriving and everyone seem happy thus far. I'll be really happy when I see the international orders showing up.

maldar

It looks like all the domestic shipments have arrived except 2-3, there are a couple that I cannot track due to not using PayPal mailing services for them although they do have insurance on them. I don't know if the international orders will update with the customs form #, but I hope they do something.

If you have not received your package by your Monday delivery and live in the U.S.A. please contact me and I will see if it is one for which I have information.

Thanks,

maldar

Yeah, more arriving is good to hear. The Thank You cards are just a small way for me to show my thanks and apologize for the delaly. You all were so accommodating during that time.

I really need to get that cancer pin/coin done as well as a secret project for someone else. One that is not related to the secret that I gave a peek of earlier.

WOW, so many secrets so little time

maldar

Finally got PayPal to work correctly on the website.

Coins will go on regular sale by the weekend. Those that have contacted me about coins will be getting an email in the next day or two about ordering. Only those that have contacted me prior to this post will be getting this email, everyone else will have to wait until the weekend.

Thanks,

maldar

I'm offically opening up the store for the Regular Sale of the 10 Commandments of Geocaching Geocoin.

Click Here to enter the store

If you have any questions please email me as I check that more. If you want it addressed publicly post your question here, but you will have to wait longer for a reply. I normally check both email and the forums after I get back from work, ~9pm. Sometimes it may take longer as I'm not a Troll of the Forums.

Thanks,

maldar

thats a new one ...

now we are grading coins?

Mint.... $20

Like New....$17.50

Fair....$15

whats next?

slightly used.... only for discovery.... $12

low milage.....under 100 miles.... $10

broke in.... 101-1000 miles.... $8

wore out.... anything over 1000 miles.... $5

sorry, not meant to offend, just seems humorous to give the same coin 3 different prices. I guess a purchase meant for traveling would be $15 and one for a collection would be $20... they all get the same icon though....

the things that make you go ....hhhmmm :blink:

thats a new one ...

now we are grading coins?

I didn't feel right taking full price to a coin that was nicked-up in shipping, or had some other flaw I thought was sub-par. One of the reasons I'm not using that mint again. For the most part the coins are in good shape, even the Fair, but I have standards. Being a collector of various collectibles over the years I thought this was best. Just trying to be an honest merchant. I hope in the future this doesn't happen again or the mint will be more willing to correct their mistakes.

maldar

Since I'm starting training for a new job down in Fort Wayne, IN I will not be able to ship any coins after Saturday as I leave Sunday. Anyone that wants to purchase a coin needs to place an order by Saturday night at 9pm Eastern Standard Time. All orders after that will be cancelled and the money refunded.

Vist http://thestevens.name/store.html to order your coins.

I don't know when the store will reopen since I will have to make arrangements for someone to process and ship the coins.

On the good side, once I complete my training (7+ weeks), I will be able to start getting the other designs I have finished and into production.

maldar

Future GeoTrucker

Due to eBay listing rules I had to change a the wording in a few of my listings.

The term "Like New" is not allowed as it confuses the search engine. I have changed the term to "Near Mint", which is allowed. Since there are some people watching these items, I want them to know what is up with the change.

If you have any questions please ask me. Read post #129 if you want to know some of my reasons for grading the coins. You can also visit my site: http://www.coinsandcache.com/qualityratings.html. This link directs you directly to how the items are rated and shows what defects there maybe.

All in all the Near Mint coins are really in a collectible state; but being a collector of comic books and other things over the years, I tend to have high standards. So my flaw in that department is a boon to you.

This currently only applies to my eBay auctions, I will be changing my Great Hide Auction listings soon.

After reading some info in another thread about shipping fees, I have revised my shipping fees and also lowered my shipping/handling fee for both domestic (50% less) and international shipping (33% less). I have also included another shipping shipping option for international shipments and changed one of the domestic shipping options. This should provide for cheaper shipping rates.

As always, I combine shipping on all auctions. If you have questions about what it will cost, email me before bidding and I will give you an estimate.

Due to limitations, I have added the following paragraph to my Great Hide Auction listings:

Due to the features of this site insurance and shipping/handling fees are included in the listed cost.

Postage fees are in addition to these fees. This site also does not support Flat Rate Priority Shipping options.

This being the case, please email me for a quote if you are buying more than one coin.

For each additional item you buy I will subtract $2.00 from the final cost.