An ANCIENT Geocoin Cointest

Tethys C

that was the site i was on!

Vascoceras tectiforme -late Cretaceous

Epigymnites credneri -late.Triassic

Epigymnites credneri

Man!!! I didn't notice this post but apparently gardengorilla got it before me.

That she did!!

BUT - she guessed 2 ammonites in her post - see rules :)

Also she lives in Calgary and I did a trade with her for a set. I'll give GG something else but you guessed the Late Triassic ammonite first so send me your address.

I think that's four, but when all is said and done, I'd love to see the list of four in one place. Very much my kind of Cointest. Thanks, and congrats to the winners!

An excellent idea. :)

Late Cretaceous Hoplitoides - Winner - surteb

Late Jurassic Cardioceras - Winner - Droo

Early Jurassic Dactylioceras - Winner - E&Cplus3

Late Triassic Epigymnites - Winner - dimkasmir

Honourable Mention to gardengorilla (Bernice) for finding the website before the hint.

Thanks everyone for playing. I hope it wasn't too frustrating and that you saw some cool pictures. The rapid evolutionary changes the ammonites went through means that paleontologists can date the rocks that the fossils are found in quite accurately.

I do have a trading list below and would love make some trades for ammonites as sets or individually.

that was the site i was on!

Vascoceras tectiforme -late Cretaceous

Epigymnites credneri -late.Triassic

Epigymnites credneri

Man!!! I didn't notice this post but apparently gardengorilla got it before me.

That she did!!

BUT - she guessed 2 ammonites in her post - see rules :)

Also she lives in Calgary and I did a trade with her for a set. I'll give GG something else but you guessed the Late Triassic ammonite first so send me your address.

Thank you so much! Email sent.

I think that's four, but when all is said and done, I'd love to see the list of four in one place. Very much my kind of Cointest. Thanks, and congrats to the winners!

An excellent idea. :)

Late Cretaceous Hoplitoides - Winner - surteb

Late Jurassic Cardioceras - Winner - Droo

Early Jurassic Dactylioceras - Winner - E&Cplus3

Late Triassic Epigymnites - Winner - dimkasmir

Honourable Mention to gardengorilla (Bernice) for finding the website before the hint.

Thanks everyone for playing. I hope it wasn't too frustrating and that you saw some cool pictures. The rapid evolutionary changes the ammonites went through means that paleontologists can date the rocks that the fossils are found in quite accurately.

I do have a trading list below and would love make some trades for ammonites as sets or individually.

Thanks for the cointest! That was fun! I found a pic of an ammonite in Germany measuring 2 meters across! But it also said that a recent find in British Columbia -- if verified -- would dwarf that one!!! Have you heard anything about this?

I'm in the Address Book, but I'll send an email anyway. I have to update my traders list, but I too am always open to trades.