Where Did everyone head to cache after GW?

Hula Bum

We put on almost 1400 miles on our trip (even though Wheatland was only 3 hours away!). We ended up in Oregon, Nevada, and California and scattered coins all along the way. Got rained on, saw lightening, got snowed on and got to experience some of that lovely sierra wind (had enough of that back in January). Had a blast, but man am I glad to be out of the car!

So, where did u go?

Burney Falls and the bridge used in Stand By Me would have to be two of my favorite stops along the way.

We put on almost 1400 miles on our trip (even though Wheatland was only 3 hours away!). We ended up in Oregon, Nevada, and California and scattered coins all along the way. Got rained on, saw lightening, got snowed on and got to experience some of that lovely sierra wind (had enough of that back in January). Had a blast, but man am I glad to be out of the car!

So, where did u go?

Burney Falls and the bridge used in Stand By Me would have to be two of my favorite stops along the way.

Wow that sounds like alot of fun, You should post pics of your travels. Would be nice to see them.

sweetlife

1400 miles.....what a journey, it sounds absolutely amazing.....all those places you visited!!! :anibad:

So, where did u go?

That sounds like an awesome road trip! Unfortuneatly Mr. C. had to work Sunday at 3pm :anibad: , so no caching trip for us. Besides, we'd probably never reach our destination (much less home again :D ) if we started out on a caching road trip.

I agree with Sweetlife... pics would be great. That way we could live vicariously through you.

Interesting, I must have been right on Hula Bum's tail....

coreynjoey - glad you enjoyed Disneyland. If you get a minute, please send me the name of that cache up in WA that we spoke about, I can't recall the name after all that happened this past weekend.

Thanks!

Not sure, I didn't count. If I had to guess I'd say that we dropped somewhere between 5 & 10 personals on the trip.

Overall, I'd say that we (inlcuding myself, Hula Bum, Tumbleweed and CoinsAndPins) dropped roughly 50 coins on the roadtrip. Some activated as travelrs, others swag.

I know somebody found one near the hotel where we were staying but I won't say who unless they want to say so themselves.

Edited by Kealia

As if GW6 wasnt great enough and I only grabbed 1 cache on my way there, I met up with Snoogans at the Geocoin swap and he asked me to ride with him on the next days 4X4 cache run...glad I did!

I dropped several coins throughout the trip in caches some activated and some not. I activated 7 "surprize finds" I left at GW6 and the geocoin swap... 3 have been logged and adopted out 4 yet to find out what happened to em, attached a "take me" coin to my packback of which 3 were taken. Dropped about 7-10 to travel, Gifted probably 20 or more and traded a slew!

The 4X4 cache run was awesome...there were about 12 vehicles and we saw some neat places- We went to the mountains NE of Yuba City...heres some pics!

The gold mining camp...This place was cool and still has owned claims here

908739a2-ee49-4f47-b67f-1d5c2bd2122d.jpg

This bridge at the gold mine was quite iffy...Me being the biggest I tested its potential and passed, its way worse than it looks!

14712ca0-bcd9-479b-8786-f75ad294b15a.jpg

Heres the "Rabbit Hole" its an old mine shaft...the cache was hidin in the shaft behind rocks...we saw a bat in there too!

b9a4a1d2-5562-4b05-b837-c1a71fda08fb.jpg

Heres an old cemetary out in th emiddle of a forest out a dirt road...Hmmm That girl wasnt there when I took that pic!!! :blink: ... :unsure:

313a646e-fb05-47a1-b404-5028eb5e149a.jpg

another cemetary shot...The oldest stone I found was 1833, but after checkin the rest, it might of been 1883

f0d535fe-9950-423d-9226-d184f5ec6fb4.jpg

Here's the crew standing on a bridge of one of the best guardrail caches Ive found

a1011d96-c669-49a8-9dcb-9592e1342e0c.jpg

A rock wall with a shear drop we ventured over this mountain road...it was like this for a ways

941991e2-51fc-42fc-bbff-120f4cc6e053.jpg

The 4X4 crew!!!

cdfb00ba-d380-421c-a2e9-b76056b6c089.jpg

I had never cached like that before, never as a whole freakin cache crew!!! Most just waited while we signed for them, but I was at every cache to drop my penny and some coins. only 3 of us made it to the 4.5 cache but yet everybody gets the find...? Guess thats how the cache runs work- everyone else had fun meetin and greetin while we did all the dirty work :D

We all got like 10 FTF's in that whole process too!!!! :D ...Great trip and made some good friends in the process!...Thanks Snoogans!

Edited by 007BigD

I had never cached like that before, never as a whole freakin cache crew!!! Most just waited while we signed for them, but I was at every cache to drop my penny and some coins. only 3 of us made it to the 4.5 cache but yet everybody gets the find...? Guess thats how the cache runs work- everyone else had fun meetin and greetin while we did all the dirty work :unsure:

We all got like 10 FTF's in that whole process too!!!! :blink: ...Great trip and made some good friends in the process!...Thanks Snoogans!

Hey Big D, thanks for sharing the pictures. It does look like you all had a blast. Glad you all got a bunch of FTF's and enjoyed your time out geocaching.

Barry and Valarie

sweetlife

As if GW6 wasnt great enough and I only grabbed 1 cache on my way there, I met up with Snoogans at the Geocoin swap and he asked me to ride with him on the next days 4X4 cache run...glad I did!

{snip}

I had never cached like that before, never as a whole freakin cache crew!!! Most just waited while we signed for them, but I was at every cache to drop my penny and some coins. only 3 of us made it to the 4.5 cache but yet everybody gets the find...? Guess thats how the cache runs work- everyone else had fun meetin and greetin while we did all the dirty work :)

We all got like 10 FTF's in that whole process too!!!! :angry: ...Great trip and made some good friends in the process!...Thanks Snoogans!

Dave - thanks for the pic's and the dialog - it was awesome to read through and to see what you'd been up to.

Great job. :)

We just got home from GW6 and put in 2500 miles. I placed 50 newly activated geocoins in GW6 and dropped 15 or so unactivated along our route. I did some trading and gifting at the five events we attended.

Now it's time to log the caches.

Yes, you did do some Gifting! Thank you very much. Mine are active and being prepared to travel!! I did a little Gifting and trading myself. I paid Harmony Baby in GeoCoins for all her hard work passing out my gift packets.

So, where did u go?

Sounds like the Twirly Dance Gone Wild.

We were hunting for counties so we cut through Sutter Creek's gold country on the way up and over to Spenceville on the day of GW where we ran into a couple of guys who took us to do a couple of caches that didn't make our list due to the terrain ratings. It was fun to find caches and not have to worry about losing it to the queue forming to sign the log. :rolleyes:

Still there is nothing like seeing a group of people on the side of the road and realize that there is a cache there that didn't make it into the GPS or PDA. "Excuse me, what's the name of this cache? Do you have the waypoint?" The ultimate in paperless and gpsless geocaching.... just write the waypoint on your hand and move to the next one.

In total Rgbgal and HarryMoe bagged close to 20 counties (I got 14 new ones) and we found a little over 120 caches, dropped or passed on about a dozen travelling coins (maybe half again that many freebies) and placed a cache at the Butte Slough for an FTF coin whose coordinates I deleted sometime that day and had to retrace them from our gps tracks. The tickmagnet only picked up 1 stowaway which we left at Starbucks in Salinas so it could find a ride home after a cuppajava and I left our sigstamps and my reading glasses in Kings county. I'm definitely going back to Gold Country on two wheels and take advantage of the twisty roads through the foothills.

So, where did u go?

Wow that sounds like alot of fun, You should post pics of your travels. Would be nice to see them.

sweetlife

Allow me to post a few highlights while I search for the other pics:

Burney Falls - as impressive sa any waterfall in Hawaii:

52508burneyfallsoverheaud6.jpg

52508burneyfallspr2.jpg

Awesome clouds at Goose Lake at the CA/OR border:

52508gooselakecloudsni5.jpg

We hit every old cemetery in Lassen County including this one in Susanville that was full of marmots:

52508marmotxa5.jpg

Just a cool old barn on the way back down from Oregon:

52508redbarngooselakeorft8.jpg

Some Lupine blossoming near Truckee/Tahoe City:

52508lupinera1.jpg

Finally, a storm rolling in over the mountains in Lake Tahoe:

52608tahoestormbwtd3.jpg

Quite the road trip - glad we did it, but glad to be home, too.

So, where did u go?

sweetlife

Allow me to post a few highlights while I search for the other pics:

Burney Falls - as impressive sa any waterfall in Hawaii:

52508burneyfallsoverheaud6.jpg

Finally, a storm rolling in over the mountains in Lake Tahoe:

52608tahoestormbwtd3.jpg

Quite the road trip - glad we did it, but glad to be home, too.

Those are great pictures!

After GW we headed to Disneyland too, we spent 3 days trying out all the rides then took a day to drop some TBs in caches in the area. Then back home again, we drove the whole thing it ended up being 2700 miles. We just got home today.... woo hoo what a blast!!

Heres the "Rabbit Hole" its an old mine shaft...the cache was hidin in the shaft behind rocks...we saw a bat in there too!

The 4X4 crew!!!

I had never cached like that before, never as a whole freakin cache crew!!! We all got like 10 FTF's in that whole process too!!!! :rolleyes: ...Great trip and made some good friends in the process!...Thanks Snoogans!

It was good to have someone to ride with me. You're welcome. Thanks for the trades.

That rabbit hole was freakin' awesome! It made the whole trip worth the gas and it wasn't even a fraction of the fun. :D

we drove the whole thing it ended up being 2700 miles. We just got home today.... woo hoo what a blast!!

We are still on the road after nearly 5,000 miles. We still have another 1,600 to go.

Been to Mammoth, Yosemite, Monterey, Morro Bay, Big Sur, Drove the PCH from San Francisco to HWY 41 in Morro Bay, Ate a Cliff House in SF, Las Vegas (Found Build a Better Geocache), Laughlin, The Grand Canyon, Meteor Crater, Flagstaff, The Petrified Forest/Painted Desert, and Santa Fe.

We're headed back to Santa Fe now to pick my dog. Cujo was staying with relatives.

The Snooglet is one well traveled baby now....

Anyhoo, the poker tables are calling.....

The 4X4 crew!!!

I had never cached like that before, never as a whole freakin cache crew!!! We all got like 10 FTF's in that whole process too!!!! :rolleyes: ...Great trip and made some good friends in the process!...Thanks Snoogans!

It was good to have someone to ride with me. You're welcome. Thanks for the trades.

That rabbit hole was freakin' awesome! It made the whole trip worth the gas and it wasn't even a fraction of the fun. :D

we drove the whole thing it ended up being 2700 miles. We just got home today.... woo hoo what a blast!!

We are still on the road after nearly 5,000 miles. We still have another 1,600 to go.

Been to Mammoth, Yosemite, Monterey, Morro Bay, Big Sur, Drove the PCH from San Francisco to HWY 41 in Morro Bay, Ate a Cliff House in SF, Las Vegas (Found Build a Better Geocache), Laughlin, The Grand Canyon, Meteor Crater, Flagstaff, The Petrified Forest/Painted Desert, and Santa Fe.

We're headed back to Santa Fe now to pick my dog. Cujo was staying with relatives.

The Snooglet is one well traveled baby now....

Anyhoo, the poker tables are calling.....

WOW - that is some roadtrip!! Good job. :)