Feeling left out!

eklector

Hey, eklector...how did your event go?

we had beautiful weather and had a great time - a good way to meet cachers when you move into a new area - we had a good response tho a few who said they were coming didn't - to be expected I guess another one planned for fall I hope :laughing::D:D

HEY, you don't have to be from out of country to NOT receive a mystery coin at an event.

BUT as for non event things, there are other ways that these coins get to certain cachers :laughing::D

I know what you are saying - I guess I just see the positive results - the lucky ones and feel left out that I couldn't be there to share in the fun and excitement of the finds and events even if I wasn't the one on the receiving end :D

i understand you.... :D

there will be a mystery coin that will found you someday, the only thing you have to do is be patients.

and if the day is there when you find your mystery coin then that will be you most happiest day.

about the event,

well you read all the happy logs then you close your eyes and dream about it.

this way you where on the event to, it works for me... :laughing:

Even though we've been caching since 2006, I never knew anything about "Mystery Coins" until I started reading this thread recently. I wouldn't say that I feel "left out" as such.....not at all..... just resigned to the fact that it would be nothing short of a miracle to find one in local cache here in Central Scotland LOL!! It was exciting to read that a couple have been found down in southern England recently though (the dragon coins).

I love reading the stories on here of how people find them or are given them. The time and effort that the mystery-givers put in to making sure that nobody knows or suspects who they are is amazing and it must take a lot of doing. It's really heartwarming to read about them too, because a lot of the times from what I can gather, these seem to go to folks that really deserve them for one reason or another.

I enjoy hearing the stories also, and thought we would never see one here in NZ - oceans are great dividers.

But then I remembered a cacher / coin collector in the South Island having one turn up in their mail box.

I'm hopeful / positive / patiently sitting with fingers X'd that I might even sight it one day.... or that the mystery coiners might enjoy a trip to cache here....

C'mon it's a beautiful place....

After reading about all these wonderful mystery coins and coin give-aways at events, who else feels left out and a bit depressed because of thier inability to visit caches that have the coins or visit events where these wonderful coins appear?? B):D:anibad:

My dear friend! I completely understand you!

Well geocachers that we can not go to events, we can not go to GW,or visit caches that have these beautiful coins, we just have to think possitive!

Earth is round

World is small

So somewhere out,

There is a mystery coin for all! :laughing:

It just came up!

Here in Rhodes, I am the only geocacher! actualy I am the only who lives in an island, and Greece has many islands, and I am probably the only geocacher below Athens!

Can you imagine to seperate yourt country in 2 halfs, and you are alone in 1 half???

Of course, we are not many geocachers in Greece, probably not more than 30, so...

There were 2 events in Greece, small ones, but I was not a geocacher then! Of course it was very difficult to go, anyway!

So, ...if I make an event....only my shadow will appear, and that only if it is a sunny day! :D

At least we can keep caching.... I already found all caches in my island, and since I am not travelling very often...I am just making circles in the same caches, droping coins, moving coins discovering ones...and hoping that a new one will be placed! That happent some days ago, but I lost the FTF, because I couldn't go!

Anyway...you never know! Mystery coins are full of mystery! you may find one in a cache that you were not expecting that the coin was there....or you may recieve a mystery letter!!!

I will change a saying, and tell you.....

If the cacher can not find a mystery coin, the mystery coin will come and find him! :wub:

Even though we've been caching since 2006, I never knew anything about "Mystery Coins" until I started reading this thread recently. I wouldn't say that I feel "left out" as such.....not at all..... just resigned to the fact that it would be nothing short of a miracle to find one in local cache here in Central Scotland LOL!! It was exciting to read that a couple have been found down in southern England recently though (the dragon coins).

I love reading the stories on here of how people find them or are given them. The time and effort that the mystery-givers put in to making sure that nobody knows or suspects who they are is amazing and it must take a lot of doing. It's really heartwarming to read about them too, because a lot of the times from what I can gather, these seem to go to folks that really deserve them for one reason or another.

I think the Highland Geofairy sends some of her coins down to the central belt.

Oh! I forgot to mention that I have tried to make new geocachers, new coin lovers, but...:D

I am the ony pathtage in Greece too! :D So.....

It would be a good thing for me too! I could speak with him, talk about geocaching, have some company! Thank God that under my code name is my sister and my brother in law too! otherwise....

I only have this foroum, and some geocaching friends form Greece or from foreign countries that we speak via emails!

Hmm... that's why I am the only greek guy who has so many posts, even if I am in Geocaching from November! :laughing:

I think the Highland Geofairy sends some of her coins down to the central belt.

Oh my goodness how exciting is that news!! I never knew that she fluttered this far down the land......mind you if I ever found one of her lovely coins in a cache I'd probably pass out with shock...or any mystery coin for that matter!! :D

I love finding any coins in caches though, it's great to see a coin that you've read about online "in the flesh" so to speak.....have to admit that I love their icons too, but I do move them on ASAP.

That really is great to know about the Highland Geofairy though!!!!! :laughing:

In The northwoods of Wisconsin there is never been a coin in a cache in our area. We looked it up from time to time and follow the caching Fairy tracks and visits to different states. We keep beleiving that mystery coin will show up close to our area. All we can do is HOPE, and NEVER STOP being a BELEIVER.

sweetlife

Mountain, WI.

I think it is not a question of feeling left out at all, even though I live in Europe, and tend to think of the coining community as a community within a community.

Firstly, a mystery coiner is just that, a mystery, where they leave their coins and whom they choose to give them to is their concern. However, the joy of their coins is for all of us to share.

Of course it is delightful to see stories of people being surprised by the sudden arrival of a mystery coin, and in a way, when I read those threads I feel their joy too.

I received a mystery coin in the post one day last year (a GSA coin) and another (Geocoin Fairy) that another cacher had found in a cache and exceedingly kindly sent to me as they knew the joy it would bring to me. I also bought one on Ebay (fundraising auction for fellow cachers in need). I also received one as part of a Christmas mission. I'll be honest, the arrival of each of those coins reduced me to tears of joy!

Like many things in life, if you are part of a community, sooner or later things happen.

I am not overflowing in mystery coins, but tend to think sooner or later, someone might send me one, and when they do I shall be so flattered and delighted.

So, join in, wish people well, share your coin experiences, get involved in a few trades, join in a mission or two, run a cointest, operform random acts of kindness, people will get to know you and you never know what might happen!

Just like in life, if everything was on a plate, what a spoilt lot we'd turn out to be!

To (badly) quote a well known phrase by John F. Kennedy, ask not what the geocoin community can do for you, ask what you can do for the geocoin community!

It's easy to wish for everything but some things take time, just this weekend I worked out a trade with someone for something so precious there would be more than a few green eyes round here too, but it has taken me a year and a half to build a rapport with the person and to offer something they really really wanted, patience paid off in the end. It is what I regard as the trade of my coining life, and hopefully, the other person feels so too :laughing: