Where did the Digital Hell thread go?

ThePetersTrio

Sepp and Berta of myGeocoin.de posted a thread on May 7th for sales of their 'Digital Hell' Geocoin. Can anyone find it?

If not, why did it get deleted? There was some important information on there that I need to confirm. I've looked back 5 pages and tried the search function. Maybe I'm just not seeing it...

Help?

Well then, sounds like a stalemate :) I can't find the thread either. I've tried several search functions, and none produce results. I guess we're to assume you disagree with the way your order was handled in regards to posted info. Hope it all works out for you. Hopefully my order shows up today with no issue.

TMA

It's not about the VAT or the cost of the coin. No need to keep guessing, but I still want to see the thread.

Well, since you're "suspicious", I'll say this. Users (i.e me and you) cannot delete or hide threads. Only moderators can. So, if for some odd reason, someone wanted to hide/delete info from a thread, they cannot. I've not heard of Groundspeak hiding threads for that reason, but then again, I certainly don't have all the answers.

I don't remember ever seeing the thread, or have any idea of why it was closed/deleted... but normally when that happens, it's for a reason where the mods don't want another thread opened about it :)

Well the mods can close this thread if they wish. All I am asking is to see it so I can verify something. I am not trying to stir up trouble. I am simply trying to get information.

My apologies to the moderators if I am doing something wrong. I assumed I was just being blind and couldn't find the thread myself.

I posted in that thread and it has been deleted. It is even deleted from my profile where you can search all previous posts you've made.

It is concerning that a thread can/will be totally deleted.

I would also like to know why it was deleted. Was it because people were upset about how a coin sell was to be completed then changed after orders were made and paid for?

Inquiring minds want to know.

It's not about the VAT or the cost of the coin. No need to keep guessing, but I still want to see the thread.

Well, they can't delete the emails that I've got in my inbox as a result of emails coming from the forums, so maybe I have the answer somewhere in my email history. If you care to send me a note outside of Groundspeak control, please do so and I'll see if I have the answer for you.

And I am also interested as to why the thread was deleted. Eartha / FSM -- could one of you let us know what happened and why?

The original thread was at:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=193050

As a rule Groundspeak does not openly or publicly disclose those actions directed towards another individual as they choose to respect that person's privacy.

It's rare that a thread gets deleted. The reason that a thread gets deleted (or hidden) is the same reason that threads get closed or people get suspended - for a violation of the guidelines. Occasionally, we hide threads (you can't see them without a pair of super-secret Signal seeing eye goggles) until we can resolve the issue with the OP (be it a company or individual).

That being said, your best course of action would be to email them about your order(s).

That being said, your best course of action would be to email them about your order(s).

Thank you for your reply. I've already emailed them but the issue still remains. I was hoping to read my own post on the thread as I believe that would validate my case. But it sounds like unless someone loans me 'a pair of super-secret Signal seeing eye goggles' I am SOL. :)

Hello,

I can explain it.

I hid the thread because of something in it that was against the guidelines. I sent messages to Sepp & Berta. I told them what we needed to work on to make the thread fall within the guidelines.

I haven't heard a peep from them. When they get back to me, I can bring the thread back.

It's as simple as that.

Those who need to confirm something from the thread, contact me, I'll read it and get an answer for you, if possible from the thread.

Those that need to confirm something with Sepp & Berta, contact them for an answer. I'm still waiting for a reply from them, maybe you could mention that in your message to them :)

Eartha

Volunteer Groundspeak Forum Moderator

I posted in that thread and it has been deleted. It is even deleted from my profile where you can search all previous posts you've made.

I would also like to know why it was deleted. Was it because people were upset about how a coin sell was to be completed then changed after orders were made and paid for?

It's not deleted. It's invisible. See my last post.

It's not deleted. It's invisible. See my last post.

I'm sorry I asked my question. Hidden, invisible and/or deleted all look the same to me - gone.

I'm sorry I asked my question. Hidden, invisible and/or deleted all look the same to me - gone.

Ah, but it is not the same. Deleted threads are gone for good. Hidden (or invisible) threads can be brought back. Don't be sorry for asking!

Edited by Eartha