question about old logs?

my partner and i are fairly new to caching, but we have been having a blast, both hunting and hiding. while we were out doing some upgrading on one of our hides today, it occured to us that we don't really know what to do with the old log. we don't want to just throw it away, since folks went to the trouble to sign it and all.

so i guess this question is to folks who may have been hiding caches for a while. what do you do with your old logs?

thanks for any advice

my partner and i are fairly new to caching, but we have been having a blast, both hunting and hiding. while we were out doing some upgrading on one of our hides today, it occured to us that we don't really know what to do with the old log. we don't want to just throw it away, since folks went to the trouble to sign it and all.

so i guess this question is to folks who may have been hiding caches for a while. what do you do with your old logs?

thanks for any advice

I put mine in shoeboxes and the shoeboxes get stored away. I'd probably throw them out after awhile but I like to make handmade logbooks so I keep them to look at from time to time.

I like to make handmade logbooks so I keep them to look at from time to time.
Those look VERY nice!

So far, mine are in a pile. I hope to get a little time to lay the pages out, scan them, add them to the gallery (of the archived cache), and then put them in my scrapbook. One of the logs got so soaked that the names are simply colorful smears, so I may just toss that one.

Edited by meralgia

It['s is your Cache and your log - do whatever make you caching experiece have quality. I have never had a cacher that has signed the log ask me anything about the written log. I have lost several to animal and converted some to ammo boxes they stand both weather and animals much better.

Sadly I have not had any log books make it back to the house. I have had a couple of soggy wads of paper that used to be logs, but didn't bring them home.Most of the though are still in use.

edit-I was going to put in the missing space and the missing letter M but the heck with it.

Edited by gof1

Hmmm... doesn't anybuddy check the signatures against the on-line logs? I noticed a trend where a local cacher gets "confused" when he finds caches with similar names. He signs the log for "FunCache 1" then a week or so later logs online for "FunCache 2" that he found it last week but forgot to log it online. I have yet to hit the Delete button, but next time I see him I am going to make a little joke about his absentmindedness. I did delete a few non-signature logs recently and got one IRATE reply, the others never replied.