event logs

good'nplenty

I have noticed that some people will log one event 15 times because they found 14 temporary caches at the event. What are your opinions on this?

They are attended logs. I only attend the event once, so I log it once.

I agree. For the event caches to be loggable, they should be listed and logged on their own pages.

I have one thing to say regarding the topic.

Keep in mind that if the person who started the topic would like to have the topic closed, the person who started the topic should push the "Report" button located below and ask a moderator to close the topic for you.

Report Button

23103854.jpg

This topic has been discussed ad nauseam.

IMO you shouldn't log it more than once. You cant attend it more than once. It is just a numbers game that people play. It seems certain areas it is more accepted than others.

Personally I don't log events at all. It counts toward your total caches found and it really doesn't seem like a cache to me. I have just posted a note. (The numbers don't matter to us, i just want it to be an accurate record.)

I have noticed that some people will log one event 15 times because they found 14 temporary caches at the event. What are your opinions on this?

I have heared of the practice, I have never seen it done at any events I have atteneded. I think it is a practice done on the in the eastern U.S.

It is done to log temporary caches (which violate cache guidlines)

These temp caches are temp because they are less the .10 miles appart (another violation of cache guideline)

I have no respect for any cachers that log these temporary caches just so they can run their numbers up.

I also have no respect for event sponsors that allow the practice of loging an event more than one time so that some one can run up their numbers.

Since you get the same smiley for a wallyworld skirtlifter as for a 10 mile hike to a lofty summit, the numbers don't really mean that much anyway. As long as the site software allows this to be done it's gonna be done so just smile and move on.

They have Wallyworld skirtlifters in Scotland? :o

It's common practice to claim temporary caches at events here in Arkansas. Cachers usually log each cache individually on the event page or on one of the event sponsor's caches or sometimes both. It's been that way at every event we've attended or seen here. With the exception of the smaller meet and greet's.

We ourselves have never claimed any but some cachers do. People play the game differently.