what is a reviewer

Labtech28

i have heard the term before but couldnt think what they actualy do. can anyone tell me? :anibad:

When you hide a cache of your own, and create the cache page it gets submitted to a reviewer who will check that it's suitable for publication and only then does it go live on the site. It so happens that the UK reviewers are also the moderators of this forum, although it's not neccessarily a requirement that a reviewer is a moderator and vice versa.

What a loaded question... :D

Anyone else want to get banned this week ;)

Think of them as your bestest friends, and keep on the right side of them make them a cuppa at the Mega Event and send them a bottle of whiskey at Christmas :anibad: that should make sure your caches get published.

Good lads they are :P (can you publish my new one now please Dave :ph34r::wub: )

M :D

There are 3 UK Reviewers and they are responsible for reviewing cache submissions to ensure they meet the Guidelines of GC.com and also that they are in accordance with the GAGB Guidelines. Each Reviewer is responsible for a different part of the UK but they can publish a cache anywhere in the UK if one of them is away on holidays/sick/etc. They can also publish a cache anywhere in the world if another reviewer needs some short-term help.

The 3 UK reviewers are also moderators of this forum and you will see them on here quite a lot. They are Lactodorum, Eckington and Deceangi. These accounts are their reviewer accounts but they also have player accounts that they use for logging finds and stating personal opinions. In the same order they are The Hornet, DodgyDaved, Mancunian Pyrocacher.

I am also a reviewer (the 4th one that Mandy alluded to) but I'm responsible for reviewing caches in Ireland. My reviewer account is Croaghan. I'm not a moderator on this forum and Ireland doesn't have an official Groundspeak forum. You will find me here quite a lot and also other Irish cachers. We do have an unnofficial Irish forum on GeocachingIreland.com and I'm an administrator there.

Reviewers are all volunteers. They are chosen by other reviewers and the choice is ratified by Groundspeak. Once appointed we are gifted with superhuman powers including a rhino thick skin and clairvoyance. I'm still waiting for my X-Ray Vision upgrade :anibad:

What our Irish friend said :D

Above all we're here to try and help so feel free to get in touch. And remember, if anyone (Mandy!) thinks we can be bribed by a cuppa they've got another think coming - it takes at least a couple of pints of ale :D:D

Speak for yourself :) I'm the Non Alcoholic drinking one :) but he's right ;) only in my case as Mandy's Area Reviewer :wub: it's a case of Sparkling Water [preferably Perrier :P ], and a hint for anyone Camping at the Mega, I drink coffee and not Tea :ph34r:

And as my esteemed Irish colleague missed out a couple of details I'll fill them in :D

In his order it is Peter, Dave, Dave [i will answer to Deci to avoid confusion] and not forgetting Niall :D [who is a closet UK Reviewer as he deals with caches in NI]

When Reviewing caches you'll find us staring into the crystal balls [or in my case I've moved over to Tarot Cards as a trial :D:anibad: ] for the following areas

Eckington South of N51°40

Which makes Eckington your local Reviewer :D .

Lactodorum Between N51°40 to N53°

Deceangi North of 53°

Oh and you'll still see the occasional reference to Approvers, this is what Reviewers used to be called :D still the same process only a different name :D

What our Irish friend said :anibad:

Above all we're here to try and help so feel free to get in touch. And remember, if anyone (Mandy!) thinks we can be bribed by a cuppa they've got another think coming - it takes at least a couple of pints of ale :wub::ph34r:

Been meaning to send you a thank you for the time you published our latest cache im convinced it was not a co incidence so thank you.

Along the OP lines what does a reviewers screen look like when compared to the normal ones do all those final puzzle locations show up correctly in the nearest column etc ?? and if yes whats your password

25 year old single malt in it for you if you tell me

The bribe is a little bit low :anibad:

25 year old single malt in it for you if you tell me

should read

A CASE OF 25 year old single malt in it for you if you tell me

Besides you couldn't handle seeing the Reviewer Only screens, as your not yet certified as being Insane :ph34r:;) plus any Reviewer who reveals the secrets :P gets a visit from Signal and his mates :wub:

Ill stick with my platinum membership thank you :anibad: at least i get use of the Groundspeak jet with that. :ph34r:

Thats so last centuary, with the Latinum membership you get a GPSr upgrade. Enter the co-ordinates, press the "Go" button and you are teleported there instantly. Great for record runs.

Ill stick with my platinum membership thank you :wub: at least i get use of the Groundspeak jet with that. :P

Thats so last centuary, with the Latinum membership you get a GPSr upgrade. Enter the co-ordinates, press the "Go" button and you are teleported there instantly. Great for record runs.

You actually hold a gps, enter co ordinates and press buttons wow how quaint and old fashioned that would feel. ;)

Once you upgrade im sure the mnemonic interface will really help you, I cant wait for portal log book signing no need to leave your chair then. :D just like caching in Germany :ph34r::anibad:

i have heard the term before but couldnt think what they actualy do. can anyone tell me? :lol:

I tried to publish a cache but didn't understand a couple of rules or classification fully, instead of just not publishing, Eckington has spent his free time on numerous emails giving us advice and explaining procedure, not only fixing the cache listing but teaching us some valuable lessons. All for the love of geocaching. Thank you :wub: