Garmin Colorado

Sounds like you haven't read the GPS & Software part of the forums... :laughing:

With any new release time's needed to sort out the bugs. Give it a couple of months and it'll be the Muts Nuts.

Also awaiting more information about the 400t too.

You can pick the regular 300 up for £280 but the 400t seems more like the cachers choice (but of course, it only includes USA Topo at the moment)

With any new release time's needed to sort out the bugs. Give it a couple of months and it'll be the Muts Nuts.

That's alot of money to spend on something that doesn't quite work right & offer the functionality that was to be expected. Don't get me wrong, I'm very keen to get one, but only once it has alot of these problems fixed and functions added.

Are there any other differences between the 400 and 300 series hardware other than increased internal storage?

Jon.

That's alot of money to spend on something that doesn't quite work right & offer the functionality that was to be expected. Don't get me wrong, I'm very keen to get one, but only once it has alot of these problems fixed and functions added.

I'm with Jon on this, I nearly purchased one last week then looked at the Pros and Cons

Pros

Can hold cache details

Cons

Mapping is no better than the 60CSx, so will still need my PPC to use OS mapping

So what ever I do I will still need 2 devices, so I'm sticking with my 60CSx and MIO P550, and if my GPS fails whilst out I can use the P550 as a backup

I'm with Jon on this, I nearly purchased one last week then looked at the Pros and Cons

Pros

Can hold cache details

Cons

Mapping is no better than the 60CSx, so will still need my PPC to use OS mapping

So what ever I do I will still need 2 devices, so I'm sticking with my 60CSx and MIO P550, and if my GPS fails whilst out I can use the P550 as a backup

I only use one device, a 60Csx. But I also use printed cache details and a paper OS map, So if I get one I'll be getting rid of the paper print outs.

Mind you print outs are handy for writing down what was taken/left or soggy log book etc!

And the screen is probably going to be small so reading the cache details is going to be a problem...........I'm talking myself out of one aren't I. :lol:

I only use one device, a 60Csx. But I also use printed cache details and a paper OS map, So if I get one I'll be getting rid of the paper print outs.

Mind you print outs are handy for writing down what was taken/left or soggy log book etc!

And the screen is probably going to be small so reading the cache details is going to be a problem...........I'm talking myself out of one aren't I. :lol:

Maybe the investment in a PDA and some cheap software is all you need, it also doubles as a notepad, so no need to have paper at hand. And as I said above, can double as a GPS.

The mapping you can get for both the PPC and Palm is far better tan the Garmin maps; I know, I own both!

The mapping you can get for both the PPC and Palm is far better tan the Garmin maps; I know, I own both!

Hi Moote,

What better maps are available for a Palm PDA, please? I only have Garmin's City Navigator on mine. Some better ones would be nice.

Well there is Fugawi which can be used with Palm OS.

I got one last week but it is so so so slow! And I am still trying to find my way round the menus.

But it is good in that it holds all the cache details, including hints and the Topo map looks good - but does not show the caches!

I am sure that when I have mastered it I will find it good but today I took out my faithful old 60CS - and I don't think that is why I had a record crop of DNFs, 5 out of 7 albeit one had been archived and I had not noticed!