Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer: Cointest

tsunrisebey

I'm sorry to report that my coin "Remembering Anna Rose" has been reported missing. It was a Compass Rose Coin that I drilled 8 holes in and attached a large laminated card to, clearly stating the mission. It had travelled 1888.9 miles west. I have changed the name to "STOLEN COIN" in the hope that the person holding it will re-release it.

I have had a number of other coins and TBs go missing, but this one really bothers me.

That's a major bummer! I actually have seen coins put back out that folks changed the names on. The most recent one which comes to mind belonged to the NH cacher Landrocket who was tragically killed in a MVA. I saw the coin pop up in a cache, went and retrieved it and cache friends took it back to his son when they attended a Memorial Event.

Hope your coin shows up again. I can understand why this one hurts and bothers you ~ its was extra special.

Edited by hollora

Now that my Cancer Awareness coins are circulating, it is so wonderful and rewarding to hear people's stories. Tsun, this was a fantastic Cointest and everyone WINS!!!! Reading finders stories and there appreciation of finding a coin that represents such a worthy cause. I am so happy that you put this together and thrilled with the responses so far from those who have found or discovered my coins.

Kind regards,

PSU Fan :unsure:

Wow, I just really haven't had time to keep up with my own thread, never meant to go this long without 'catching up.'

Sorry Moops about your coin going missing, I can't believe that someone would take that one in particular. I sure hope it finds its way back into the wild.

Thanks for the encouraging posts and getting coins into caches. I have to get mine into caches also, the snow was just too deep here and it looks like nicer weather is starting to make its way into Montana :unsure:

I have the week off now, so I should have everything a final update on coin pages and putting your coins on my watch list.

Training was pretty much halted for a bit while I took care of some other issues but things look to be back on schedule and I'll be back out tomorrow.

Thanks everyone and to anyone else who is running, hope the training is going well also :blink:

tsun

I'm sorry to report that my coin "Remembering Anna Rose" has been reported missing. It was a Compass Rose Coin that I drilled 8 holes in and attached a large laminated card to, clearly stating the mission. It had travelled 1888.9 miles west. I have changed the name to "STOLEN COIN" in the hope that the person holding it will re-release it.

I have had a number of other coins and TBs go missing, but this one really bothers me.

I'm sorry to hear that your coin is missing, i hope that a new-bee got your coin, off somebody is forgot to log them.

Mr Geo.Error says always you must stay positive thinking.

I hope that the coin shows up again, if not i'm sorry for your lost. :unsure:

Edited by Geo.Error

For Tsunrisebey

The sport of running includes

sweat, strenght, wind, tenacity, energy

and so much more.

Remember the race

is not given to the swift, but given to the one

who endures.

Training for the race

may cause some discomfert and pain.

But never give up on yourself

your dream of finishing

or take your training vain.

The benefits are rewarding

when the body and mind are one.

That creates the feeling of knowing it's

right

and the accomplishment of finishing

and that really feels nice.

If ever you feel like quitting when

you know you're

giving all your might.

Just repeat to yourself i'm finishing!!

cause i'm running for

a good CAUSE!!!!!

Writer: michael b

Succes :laughing:

BUMP

:):D:D:) :huh

I am curious how the coins are doing, are the all traveling, are they far, have you get any positive reactions on the coins, are they stuck, are they far away. :)

:):):D:huh::huh:

My Evil is cancer coin is traveling for dutch coin very good, people are trying to place the coin fast. :D

Not many miles, but i think that people read the message on the coin,and that is very important. :D

Hope to hear some story's. :)

Mine's been discovered by "cachers-by" and have gotten comments, but not moved an inch otherwise yet. Of course we had snow Easter and today again, so caching hasn't started fullswing again. I think when the local college lets out and families come to move the students, that cache has a lot more activity. It could get a good move-on then, hopefully!

OK Naomi, I gotta ask--stuck under a bridge?!

Well, I guess I'll just come out and tell everyone now, due to my own little ordering booboo, I had anticipated already having announced this but what the heck, you guys/gals keep posting and I didn't want anyone thinking I was avoiding the thread.

Everyone who has an official entry in this cointest is a winner. I've got nickel plated pink and white Tatanka Pejulas being made, should be here in about 2 weeks and everyone will receive one. Thanks for releasing coins and bringing awareness to an important disease.

I'll post here again when they arrive and get addys if I need them. Congrat's to all of you :laughing:

tsun :laughing:

Just a little over a month to go before race day. I finally registered today to run the 5k (they just opened the registration process here in MT). The Carroll College Honors Scholars and Sociology Program sponsored the shirt I will be wearing (a pink and white Carroll College tshirt). I'll be having some printing done to the back side to honor Sister Annette (in loving memory). I'm now working on getting the approval to set up a small fund raising effort at school, so hopefully I'll have that ready to go by end of next week :) So, I'm just gearing up to do as much as I can for the 'Cause.'

Training is going well actually. I was stuck with being inside for months but the weather has cleared up just enough where I've been jogging/walking outside. I'm not up to the 3 mile point yet for a full jog but by May 17th I should be able to pull it off (not setting any records though, lol). I actually take Hatha yoga class at school too so that has helped my back and muscles a great deal, although when I started that class, I hated every second of it except for the end of class in the 'corpse pose' :laughing: In my mind I was much more flexible but my body didn't cooperate like I had hoped, lol. Things have balanced out now and it's just a matter of continuing to build up my endurance. Way more than anyone wanted to know, I know :laughing:

I'm thinking the Pink Tatankas should be getting here around the same time as the 2008 ET's, so for anyone who has an entry, yours will be held until after I race. This month and into May is extraordinarily busy for me so I can't take on anything else at the moment other than what is currently on my plate. After the race, I'll have a few days of down time and getting ready for GW6, so I'll send out the coins then :D I'll update this thread also so you know when to expect them in your mailboxes.

Anyone who is curious to watch my progress or just want to keep updated or learn about Race for the Cure is free to check out my website. I'll be working on special page for it this weekend. Thanks for releasing coins and to those who are running :D I hope most coins are still out there traveling!

:blink: tsun

Edited by tsunrisebey

That is sooo nice of you to do that!!!!!!

Very glad to hear your training is going well, been wondering how it was going!

For everyone participating, kudos to you, what a wonderful thing!!!

My coin hasn't moved since last weekend, but hopefully it'll get on the move soon!!!!

Below is the link to the page w/the photo.. think the last time I just put up the travel tag number.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1395472

Sonya

So sorry to hear about your sister! Will keep her in my thoughts, and hope she heals up fast!

All my best to her!

~S

That is sweet of you to do Steph! Unfortunately my sister is unable to race with me do to injuries from a car accident that aren't healing well. :) So I am going to try and find myself a new walking/racing partner before the May 10th race in Boise.

I just received this email regarding the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation:

New Pink & White M&M's

The maker of M&M candies has teamed up with the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation to raise funds through the sale of their new

'pink & white' M&M candies.

Perhaps it is time to make some M&M geocoins? :blink:

I just received this email regarding the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation:

New Pink & White M&M's

The maker of M&M candies has teamed up with the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation to raise funds through the sale of their new

'pink & white' M&M candies.

Perhaps it is time to make some M&M geocoins? :blink:

Now - that's a cute idea!

:P My Cancer is Evil coin is probly muggeld, :P i am very mad :P , please hope for me that he turns up and will spread his message again :D

:P My cancer is evil coin is missing :P , the cache owner has checked the logbook :P

angry%20man.jpg

:P Carbon Hunter, sorry to hear from your coin too B)

I hate to hear about these missing coins :D:D One of my Cancer Awareness coins came up missing recently as well. The cache was muggled ;)

On the flip side, the rest are still traveling - one of them has made it 3960mi so far and is currently in Alaska! :)http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1364793

I get quite a few emails from cachers about the Cancer Awareness coins I have out there. Many are quite touching and make one or two missing coins seem not so important after all...

:D just my .02 there, lol. I know it's disappointing to have a coin go missing (I have a few of them myself)

Thank you Geo.Error :D

Thanks to everyone who helped me reach my donation goal (need to swap my paypal funds over, I'll that tonight for Laura and Andrea).

I will mail out the pink Tatankas to you racers and coin droppers when I get home from GW6.

Bev, I did receive the pin and will wear it on my shirt :D Thanks...

For those of you who activated a coin or made a donation towards my goal, I will be picking up my race day package today or tomorrow. I will be getting a pink sheet of paper to attach to my shirt to write the name of the person I am running in memory of (Sister Annette Moran). If you would like me to add the name of the person you activated a coin for or donated for (in memory/in support of), please write the name here or email me the name and I'll write it on my shirt. I'll post a pic of the shirt (without me in it :D) when the race is over.

tsun :)

Good luck in the race, and as a ten-year survivor of breast cancer I want to thank you for supporting a cause that means a lot to many people. I took part in our local Run For the Cure just after my own surgery, and it was a very moving experience to see so many thousands of people who had been affected by breast cancer one way or another. So you might want to tuck a couple of tissues in your pocket, just in case the tears start flowing :D.

Hello Steph, Will you please add to your shirt Barb Koski and Sue of Team S&B no BS about it. Thanks you these are the two people we sent out coins in the wild to help raise awareness.

Good luck and we will be waitting to hear how you you do this weekend. Thanks for your generousity Stehanie. Thanks also for the nice rewaard you gave us all for participating. Hope to see pictures of the race and We are so proud that you made your goal. We were glad we were able to help out. If you like you may add our name on the shirt as well, along with who we sent our coin in the wild for.

Barry and Valarie

sweetlife

Jogger # 1698 reporting in. I just wanted to say thank you again for all the support I've received in whatever form it has been given. I'm headed to town in a few minutes to meet with thousands of other runners/walkers for Race for the Cure :D

I've added the names to my shirt for people who requested I do so. Thanks again for those who helped my reach my goal (actually close to $100 over :D ). You've all helped make a difference!

I'll post a quick note/picture tonight.

Sincerely,

tsun