Coin samples

ScoutingWV

I was cleaning out some geostuff and came across the samples from a couple coin projects. Not artist editions or anything like that, just the samples made and delivered for review before being minted. So now I'm wondering what to do with them.

Do people trade them? Maybe attach a TB tag and set them loose? Maybe attach them to rifle targets and get in some practice?

Not sure what I'm going to do with mine. Question is - what do you do with yours?

With the nature of us . . . I'm sure someone collects these sort of things :unsure:

Thanks for some good ideas. I really had no idea that people would be interested in trading other non-trackables for samples. I like the idea of using them as gifts, FTF prizes, etc. too.

Maybe there's a cointest in my future ...

Now, didn't I tell you :D ?!? I wouldn't mind owning one :lol:

When we ordered our coin we were supposed to get six samples BUT due to a mix up at the mint we only got two. (Seems the mint only got two covers initially!) Those two samples are not trackable but have my name on one and Mike's on the other. Mike refuses to part with them. The mint still owes us the other samples, so they are now going to be trackable samples. One of a kinds! I have a feeling one of them will end up in a cointest. :P

Specimen geocoins?

I have never seen something like that!

What is the difference from the others? Only that they are not trackable?

Well, if 1 or more coins need a home, someone to adopt them and want to send them in Greece, ...just send me an email!

Unfortunatelly I have nothing for trading! ;)

Please, do not make them rifle targets!!!

Nikos.