Users watching this cache..

Is it possible to view users watching a cache? Reason I ask is that several TB's/Coins have gone missing from one of my caches and there are currently 4 people watching it. Not sure if it's coincidence or not but items appear to have been "removed" very soon after placement. This cache is well away from muggles by the way....

Is it possible to view users watching a cache? Reason I ask is that several TB's/Coins have gone missing from one of my caches and there are currently 4 people watching it. Not sure if it's coincidence or not but items appear to have been "removed" very soon after placement. This cache is well away from muggles by the way....

Travelers go missing for a lot of reasons.

Which cache of your's is having a problem?

Yep, looks like a couple travelers have gone unaccounted for there recently. It's good that they've been removed from the cache listing so people aren't expecting to find them. It's only been a couple months so I do have hope they will resurface.

Keep in mind that when checking the TB history of a cache you should look to see if those bugs have been in other caches.

I've seen worse losses but it would still be hard to figure out which watcher should be banned.

Edited by BlueDeuce

Tis this one -> GCVXDM

Several well known members have left items in this as well as a good friend of mine and they have all gone walkies! 4 items left in the cache, only 1 rescued (by me).

We found this cache back in April, its not the sort of cache someone can nip out to just to grab a coin they would want to get one pretty bad, and its not really a muggle area. Its a shame if someone is nicking coins. :wub:

To see who has viewed your cache page... at the top under the title click "Read the audit log".

I can't find that on any of my caches.

The audit log is a feature of members only caches, it will not show people who have pocket queried your cache only visitors to the individual cache page so for £1.50 anyone can get the info without you knowing.

You don't need to put a cache on a watchlist to find out if there's a Geocoin in it, as you know you can find out what caches have geocoins in by a multitude of ways.

However, it would be useful for the cache owner to see who's watching their cache, I have no problem with an owner knowing that I'm watching their cache!

The only reason I have caches in a watchlist is when I have a DNF, I like to see if anyone else after me has found it and if they did they may leave a clue in their log.

Why else do you watch a cache? Answers on a postcard to.......... :wub:

You don't need to put a cache on a watchlist to find out if there's a Geocoin in it, as you know you can find out what caches have geocoins in by a multitude of ways.

However, it would be useful for the cache owner to see who's watching their cache, I have no problem with an owner knowing that I'm watching their cache!

The only reason I have caches in a watchlist is when I have a DNF, I like to see if anyone else after me has found it and if they did they may leave a clue in their log.

If I happen accross a cache that sounds interesting, I'll add it to my watchlist.

That way, I'll (hopefully) remember about it when planning days out, holidays etc.

Some caches become the motivation for the trip...

An audit log doesn't show you who is watching your cache it only shows the people that have visited your cache page and only if it's set as Members Only.

If someone visits your cache once and puts it on a Bookmark List or Watchlist then they will receive notifications when someone logs the cache. They can read the logs offline and you will never know.

Also as MarkandLynn have stated someone can have your cache on a PQ and you will never know.

Using the audit log to try and catch a thief is a waste of time as if someone is sneaky enough to do that then they are sneaky enough not to appear on an audit log and you will only raise suspicions against an innocent party.

Why else do you watch a cache? Answers on a postcard to.......... :)

I put every cache I've visited on a watchlist (Found/DNF). I like getting the logs from places I've visited and reading them during the day at work. It brings back some nice memories, especially ones I did when I was on holiday :)

I only have 218 finds and a handful of DNFs so it's manageable now. I may change my mind as the numbers mount up :wub:

If I happen accross a cache that sounds interesting, I'll add it to my watchlist.

That way, I'll (hopefully) remember about it when planning days out, holidays etc.

Some caches become the motivation for the trip...

Ive got a private bookmark list for those ones.

Ive got a private bookmark list for those ones.

I do a similar thing via a pocket query: you can set up a hyperlink to the results and save it in Favourites so you don't need to actually schedule the PQ to run, or download anything. It just shows any caches that I've logged which have been found in the last seven days: no maintenance of the list is required but it's interesting to see what others made of certain caches.

I do a similar thing via a pocket query: you can set up a hyperlink to the results and save it in Favourites so you don't need to actually schedule the PQ to run, or download anything. It just shows any caches that I've logged which have been found in the last seven days: no maintenance of the list is required but it's interesting to see what others made of certain caches.

That's exactly what I do too. Sometimes it's interesting to browse and see what the people who come after you have made of the cache. I sometimes put a DNF on my watchlist for a short while to see if the next cachers also DNF it. I always put the cachers which my TBs are residing in on my watchlist, so that I can keep an eye on who's visited and look closer if there are a few visits but my traveller is not logged out. I also have my shared caches, which are not on my account, on watchlist too.

Why else do you watch a cache? Answers on a postcard to.......... :laughing:

I watch caches round home to see if any new cachers are active in the area, and to see if any interesting trackables are left.

I watch my DNFs for a few weeks to see if anyone comes along and finds them or if the owner disables/replaces them in which case I might have another go.

I watch particularly interesting caches to see what other people think of them.

Back to the OP, it could just be a muggle who's discovered a box where shiny things keep appearing so they take them. I would have thought that if it was a cacher doing it then other caches in the area would also be raided, do you know if that's happened?.

It's possible, but i reckon it's more likely to be school kids playing a prank. The original placer of the cache was at Highfields school which is in the vicinity of this cache and I know for a fact that the PE lesson's "cross country run" passes by this spot. It's a good location for a cache (IMHO) and I guess if it continues the cache could always be moved 50ft. I'm tempted to drop a few "dummy" coins in there and see what happens...if they go walkies then I know it's being tampered with :(