bitter cachers

MrsKravitz

Can you give an example? Because it really depends. For instance, some people think tying yellow ribbons to mark someone else's cache is constructive and helpful, but most cachers would say it's very wrong.

For instance, my son & I just mentioned that the coordinates might be off, as there was flooding and the cache may have moved, and the person freaked & took their cache off, that is, archived it. What a shame, cause it was a good one.

Can you give an example? Because it really depends. For instance, some people think tying yellow ribbons to mark someone else's cache is constructive and helpful, but most cachers would say it's very wrong.

For instance, my son & I just mentioned that the coordinates might be off, as there was flooding and the cache may have moved, and the person freaked & took their cache off, that is, archived it. What a shame, cause it was a good one.

How far were the coords off?

That's still pretty vague.

What do you mean by "freaked"?

I've mentioned on more than one cache that my coordinates were different and have always gotten a positive response from the hider.

Sounds like there may be other circumstances at play here.

I'm not taking sides, I'm just curious.

Are you sure they didn't archive it because of the flooding?

EDIT: BTW, I'm cool with constructive criticism.... regular criticism, too. It's all good. :P

Edited by Cache Heads

They need to quit this game if that is how they feel.

And that's likely what happened. I seen many times when a new cacher hid a cache and later stopped caching because they lost interest. They will often leave their cache listed for others to find until it needs some maintenance. Since they are no longer caching they don't want to maintain their cache so they archive it and leave geotrash. :P

Sounds like the Hider is indeed bowing out of the game, or at least the hiding aspect:

(A few logs on his archived caches)

Checked on the cache today and NOT surprised that the first stage was missing and when I checked the final it was gone. Some cacher sure likes to mess with my caches. So here is my plan. Whoever you are, enjoy yourself. When my caches disappear due to any circumstance they will not be replaced. When they are ALL gone, what are you going to do for entertainment then?? Ahh, start messing with somebody elses caches? Hopefully you will get caught someday. Oh well, even a low down dirty coward needs some fun now and then.

Slowly but surely some DIRTY ROTTEN THIEF with an IQ of 3 just keeps stealing my caches. They must enjoy it. Well this one is gone and will not be replaced. The way this was hidden leads me to believe that it was NOT an ordinary muggle but a gutless, ignorant, stupid cacher. They will get caught someday. Probably getting them at night.

Checked on the cache today. It has been moved to somewhere unknown to me. Searched all around the posted coords and did not find. Just can't understand why cachers can't put a cache back in the same spot as found. The original spot was behind a large bois d arc tree, on the ground, between barbed wire and the base of the tree. Why move it? Beats me. I'm through here. With the trend that is occuring, I just may not hide anymore caches. But then I doubt anyone really cares.
Edited by IDLookout

Don't get discouraged, MrsKravitz. I've had many run ins with the cacher in question. That's just how he is unfortunately. :P

I don't believe there's someone out there stealing his caches although he's been nasty to quite a few people so it is possible.

I also read several of the hider's logs (for now archived caches) and I have to agree... all signs point to at least a persecution complex, if not worse. Geeze... the cover to a cache goes missing, and he thinks its sabotage? A micro gets knocked to the ground, and somebody is out to ruin his caches? I'd just stay clear of any of his caches, if there are still any that haven't been archived.

Don't get discouraged, MrsKravitz. I've had many run ins with the cacher in question. That's just how he is unfortunately. :)

I don't believe there's someone out there stealing his caches although he's been nasty to quite a few people so it is possible.

:) Thanks for all the encouraging comments, I will continue to cache, it is just too much fun to let one person get you down!