Just curious?

Nochipra

I was just wondering, excluding trades, gifts and geocoins that you have created. How many coins does a geocoin collector purchase for their collection per week? For us we have been collecting since Sept 1 at our local annual group picnic which is where we bought our first coin and now with the shipment I'm expecting this week we should have close to 20 coins of which I would say maybe half were actually bought. That's for a month and half. There are so many coins coming out (especially this month) of which we will probably be purchasing, I was just wondering is this normal for each month? Having so many coins come out at one time. If so, we are going to be so broke:(

I just did the math and it came out to ~1.25 per week (60 collectors in just under a year). But it is very lumpy (some months very few, some, well, a tad more than that). I suspect most coin collectors start out buying less descriminately before becoming more selective after collecting for a while. I have found recently that my new coin purchases have diminished of late. However, I have also recently started buying coins on eBay - mostly real gems that came out before I was in the game.

Hi,

I started collecting geocoins about 10 months ago and I now have more than hundred coins in hands. I have about 75 for my personnal collection and others are for trades.

So, I'm buying about 10 coins per month or 2.5 a week. <_<

That's a lot. No wonder why I'm broke. :mad:

I think you better start slow because you'll realise soon enough you might want them all.

I'm now choosing the coins I really want instead of buying pretty much everything.

I was just wondering, excluding trades, gifts and geocoins that you have created. How many coins does a geocoin collector purchase for their collection per week? For us we have been collecting since Sept 1 at our local annual group picnic which is where we bought our first coin and now with the shipment I'm expecting this week we should have close to 20 coins of which I would say maybe half were actually bought. That's for a month and half. There are so many coins coming out (especially this month) of which we will probably be purchasing, I was just wondering is this normal for each month? Having so many coins come out at one time. If so, we are going to be so broke:(

Guess? One a week. Maybe. I only buy state and country coins and while there are 240 of those give or take, it doesnt' seem like more than one a week come out.

Now you did it. Made me look and think about this. I have been collecting them for a year now and have bewteen 200-300 coins. WOW, holy cow. :mad: Did I really buy that much in a year. 4-6 per week. I need help...anyone know a good 12 step program for geocoins? :mad:

I need to find that program too... :huh:

Or any address to a G.A.C (geocoin addict center) <_<