Montana Grizzlies Fantasy Football Cointest

tsunrisebey

I too would be in it but the Walkabouts are getting all the bonus questions. B) I may have to quit my job to be home for the final bonus question. :laughing:

Congrats Walkabouts.

Don't fool yourself, I was home and I couldn't guess the right answer to save my life!!!! But it sure was fun trying!!!!

Thank you for doing this Steph, it sure is fun B)B) !

Well you wouldn't need the bonus questions if you were any good at picking football scores :)

If they would only play to my level of guessing :D !

Ditto, I had them much better than they have been playing. :)

You just lost 25 points :D:)

Hey John, thanks for taking it for the team :P:D !

No problem Dennis, and thanks Steph. Now if I could just loose 25 pounds so easily. :D

OFFICIAL SCORE COUNT AS OF 11/04/07

1st bracket is calculated N. Colorado scores, the second bracket is Portland calculated scores, and anything in brackets that is the third or fourth number and + is bonus points for touchdown/quarters guessed right :blink:

Mauison -110 [-11, -24] and [-8, -11]

Vegas Gamblers -93 [-4, -7] and [-18, -16, ]

Scoutbound --124 [-10, -28] and [-6, -17]

IDLookout --98 [-10, -9] and [-6, -10]

The Walkabouts -13 [-3, -14, +2, +3] and [-7, -14] and [+25 Bonus Points Last Bonus Round after N.Colorado game]

Lord Yatchman -130 [-3, -17] and [-10, -14]

Damenace -170 [-4, -20] and [-10, -11]

Mr. Explorer -155 [-35, -17] and [-7, -11]

GeoMoose -91 [-4, -10] and [-4, -4]

PengoFamily -95 [-3, -10] and [-1, -4]

LadyBee4T -134 [-3, -14] and [-6, -10]

Steinwalzer -192 [-4, -26] and [-11, -6]

CacheNCarryMa -135 [-4, -10] and [-11, -15]

501 Gang -159 [-24, -20, +2, +3] and [-6, -10]

General Tupperware -198 [-17, -23, +2, +3] and [-12, -14]

SEWdaugh -222 [-38, -14] and [-11, -28]

Scores after the bonus question round ( 25 point bonus round to The Walkabouts for Northern Colorado weeks question ).

Recap: Game score>>> [Griz 42 vs Northern Colorado 16] and [Griz 34 vs Portland 31]

*** Griz scoring summary against Northern Colorado: [1Q: Ferriter] [2Q: Mariani, Hilliard, Bagley] [3Q: Bagley] [4Q: Hilliard, G.Coleman]

*** Griz scoring summary against Portland: [1Q: Ferriter] [2Q: Hilliard, G.Coleman, Ferriter]

-1 point for every point off on a score guess (in either direction)

+5 points for guessing 1 teams score right

+15 for guessing the final score (both teams right)

+2 for guessing a player who scores a touchdown

+3 for your touchdown player scoring in the quarter you guessed.

Please check your scores compared to the last official score count. If it appears I miscalculated or you have a question, please email me first, so we can take a second look or third and fourth :ph34r:

Well after looking at the scores, it is obvious that the bonus question will not help really help anyone moving above the 1st place person. So, what I will do is still hold the bonus round for 2nd and 3rd place prizes. 2nd prize will be for the tsun version of the Nortorious Geocacher. 3rd place will get a copper lilypad and everyone else gets a 'Thanks for playing.' :) Unooficially The Walkabouts have earned the 1st prize, I will allow 24 hours for anyone to point out glaring errors in scoring that could potentially change the 1st prize winner (it's gonna have to be a huge error though). After 24 hours, the winner will be declared as will the 2nd and 3rd place finishers.

***The Bonus Round: Here is how this will work, so please read very carefully! You will only get 1 guess to get the answer right. The person who gets the question right gets the bonus points and one of my brass geotags (which I have only given maybe 1 or 2 of this metal away, 25 made). So here is another opportunity to win a coin pluse possibly put some of you in 2nd or 3 place. If no one gets the question right, then things stay exactly how they are. Good Luck! Do NOT edit posts or your answer will be declared invalid.

!!!!BONUS QUESTION: (contestants only please and you're going to have to know something about football to get this right); During the 4th quarter of the game, R. Schulte tripped before a pass reception, allowing an interception which resulted in a TD for PSU. That brought the score to 34-31. I wasn't nervous about the game until then and we had some serious time to burn on the clock when the Griz took back possession. During our last drive down the field, we were 4th and 1 with just under 2 minutes left in the game. We were close enough for a easy field goal attempt but still enough time for PSU to come back and score once they took possession after a field goal attempt. The crowd was shouting "GO FOR IT!" and by then I had compltely lost my voice. Montana decided to go for the first down on 4th and 1 instead of the field goal and the crowd went crazy. If the 1st down was successful, Montana could take a knee for a couple more plays and run out the clock for the win. Berquist handed off the ball for a run play and 'the man' literally leapt over a pile of blockers for the first down and the stadium went crazy again. Which player was the ball handed off to for the guaranteed win? Any clue you need has been incorporated in football speak.

~tsun