Road to Sacramento Geocoin

oakcoins

Road to Sacramento Geocoin

This awesome geocoin is designed as a companion coin for our little GW5 mini geocoin. The Road to Sacramento Hippie Bus is 1.75" in length x 3.5mm thick.

The Road to Sacramento Geocoin is trackable on geocaching.com with a custom hippie bus icon.

Geocoin

geocoin_bus.JPG

Edited by oakcoins

These coins are sooooo cute Christian :D I'm glad I got a few of them!!! ;) I also love the mini coin too :D Very nice job!!! They are amongst my favs now!!

ps I tried to describe what "hippy" meant to my 8 year old...not sure if I described it right but these coins make me think of "hippy" LOL :D They are hippy cool :D

Edited by LoriDarlin
So how long until someone starts a race with a bunch of these coins, with the final destination being GW6? ;):D

I'm in!

Hmm, guess the logical starting place would be from somewhere near where GW5 was held....how about the RBC cache, that was a large popular cache near the event. :D

Anyone having experience in running one of these races feel like either giving advice on starting something like this, or advice to run away screaming, that's always an option! :D ) More info may be coming to a thread near you! :D:D

So how long until someone starts a race with a bunch of these coins, with the final destination being GW6? ;):D

I'm in!

Hmm, guess the logical starting place would be from somewhere near where GW5 was held....how about the RBC cache, that was a large popular cache near the event. :D

Anyone having experience in running one of these races feel like either giving advice on starting something like this, or advice to run away screaming, that's always an option! :D ) More info may be coming to a thread near you! :D:D

Sounds fun!!

I hope these are still for sale at Oak Coins. How does the race work? Do we all mail our coins to one person who places them in a cache?

Thanks! :D

Yes they still have some. Go to their presale page and you'll see the coin listed. If you don't have the link, email me.

Yes, typically the coins are all launched from the same location, usually an event. Since GW6 is on the West Coast. Ideally somewhere in the Northeast, like Maine or New York, would be a great launching area.

Our coin arrived this weekend. Looks nice!

We just activated it tonight. There's no custom icon.

Since it's listed separately in your trackables list, it should eventually get a custom icon. Sometimes it takes a while for Groundspeak to load the icon.

I was wondering the same thing!!! I thought maybe it didn't have have a unique icon. I will be setting it free with a goal to travel across country to GW6!!! (well as soon as I have a hole drilled in it)

SCB#8

Unless someone else jumps into the fray soon and offers to manage a hippie bus race, I'll look at putting out an event to launch the racers from. I can also host and manage the online bookkeeping side of the race.

I'm thinking about piggy-backing the racer launch event onto the back-end of the GCF event I'm hosting in early October, as currently I've a few unused hours of the site reservation after the GCF hours that aren't spoken for. An early October launch should give folks plenty enough time to order, receive and reship coins prior to the event.

Unless someone else jumps into the fray soon and offers to manage a hippie bus race, I'll look at putting out an event to launch the racers from. I can also host and manage the online bookkeeping side of the race.

I'm thinking about piggy-backing the racer launch event onto the back-end of the GCF event I'm hosting in early October, as currently I've a few unused hours of the site reservation after the GCF hours that aren't spoken for. An early October launch should give folks plenty enough time to order, receive and reship coins prior to the event.

So are you offering to make a race from North Carolina to Sacrmento? :P Sounds cool! I just bought 2.

So are you offering to make a race from North Carolina to Sacrmento? :D Sounds cool! I just bought 2.

I'm certainly giving it serious consideration, must mean I'm losing the last few remnants of sanity I have left! :P:D

Not having participated in any races so far other than ones where I launch multiple coins to race against each other, the biggest :D left in my head at this point is the logistics of safely getting the racers on the road after the event.

Are they normally doled out to the event attendees to distribute to caches as they see fit? :P

So are you offering to make a race from North Carolina to Sacrmento? :D Sounds cool! I just bought 2.

I'm certainly giving it serious consideration, must mean I'm losing the last few remnants of sanity I have left! :D:)

Not having participated in any races so far other than ones where I launch multiple coins to race against each other, the biggest :P left in my head at this point is the logistics of safely getting the racers on the road after the event.

Are they normally doled out to the event attendees to distribute to caches as they see fit? :P

Cant wait to see the new thread :D I just bought some of these

Grabbed 3 Hippie Buses!...I could smell em comin before they even left the Coin House!

Yeah Man...Its like totally cool to have a race, but wheres the love man? Its like how can we love when we are competing...Its like Peace man, Lets travel together...BUT B.Y.O.W.!!!!! <_<

IM IN!