The "Spirit Of Caching" Geocoin

CinemaBoxers

The "Spirit of Caching" Geocoin

Whats in your future? Will you find the cache? Will it be a DNF?

Our newest geocoin is a fun version of a 'Spirit Board' or 'Talking Board' - We have all seen spirit boards/Ouija boards - but our coin is a 'caching themed' board, that will leave you asking "DNF"? or "TFTC"?

This is a lighthearted take on the idea of mystery in caching, and never knowing what you will find - or not find! It will be available in several metals, and is intracately detailed with raised levels under translucent enamel, equally detailed on the reverse, with translucent and hard enamels.

It asks "Whats in your future?" and you will find an ammo can, GPS, and other caching related themes woven into its design.

The coin is 1.75" across 3mm thick and is trackable with its own icon. Designed by myself and minted by Castle Man, the coin will be available this Friday 6PM PT

(Pending its arrival via FedEx - we are at their mercy!)

spirit32.gifspirit16.gif

But, alone, the board seems incomplete... so, we decided that it should come with its own miniature planchette - the small moving piece. It is a .5" epoxy coated silver mini-coin, non trackable - but PERFECTLY sized for your little board.

Heres a sneak peek - we felt it appropriate to show a larger than life photo of the 'mini-coin' and a small photo sneak peek of the actual coin in one of the available metals.

We hope you enjoy it! Bring it along caching, but use it responsibly!

cacherouijars.jpg

Miniature Planchette Coin 0.5" tall shown with a quarter for scale

spiritboardclips.jpg

Black Nickel w/translucents - 1.75" across

Pardon the glare - we will post new photos Friday when they arrive and are for sale - these pics are of the actual coins! On the 'wooden' side, there is half-raised 'wood grain' under the translucent enamel to give it a textured wood effect. The detailing is incredible, and you can see the basic art for the coin HERE

There were a few small changes/edits, but more additions than anything else.

As a note... on our 'Spirit Of Caching' geocoin, you will find no evil spirits, demons, or ghosts here - which - in fact - with the real boards the motion is actually caused by the 'Idomotor effect' which is a psychological phenomenon where the user(s) makes motions unconsciously (i.e., without conscious awareness). Important to note, as the common misconception is that the boards are bad themselves - which is not the case. Its simply a board game.

Enjoy!

Paula

Edited by CinemaBoxers

The "Spirit of Caching" Geocoin

Whats in your future? Will you find the cache? Will it be a DNF?

Our newest geocoin is a fun version of a 'Spirit Board' or 'Talking Board' - We have all seen spirit boards/Ouija boards - but our coin is a 'caching themed' board, that will leave you asking "DNF"? or "TFTC"?

... The coin is 1.75" across 3mm thick and is trackable with its own icon. Designed by myself and minted by Castle Man, the coin will be available this Friday 6PM PT

(Pending its arrival via FedEx - we are at their mercy!) ...

More like at the mercy of US Customs, from what I've seen ... It seems FedEx has things down pretty pat! But if the Wheels of Government get gummed up ... look out! LOL

... But, alone, the board seems incomplete... so, we decided that it should come with its own miniature planchette - the small moving piece. It is a .5" epoxy coated silver mini-coin, non trackable - but PERFECTLY sized for your little board ...

Enjoy!

Paula

The planchette is just perfect. I'm with Diva -- all plans for Friday are OFF! :D I'm tempted to beg for a couple of planchettes to make into earrings! LOL

Happy Trails!

This one was an OLD idea that I had actually set aside for awhile - my mother and I were discussing coin ideas last OCTOBER around the time I designed our personal coin. I did basic concepts, but nothing detailed or final.

But... I wasn't really 'designing' then. So, I shelved my art, and the concept. Then, I was ready to finalize it early this year, but again... I put it off.

So.. finally - I 'dusted off' the art, and totally (100%) revamped the design, and here it is! (Thanks to a pretty funny discussion I had with my mother about coins and caching... LOL)

These will be available Friday at Castle Mans website! When they arrive I will post with an update, and let everyone know the 'when' and 'where'!

Be sure and click the link above with the coin art - it will give you an idea of the detail - but I added in some more things since. :D I cant wait to see the close-up photos of these!

Yep, Looks like it will be Friday at 6 PM Pacific Time as usual at Castle Coins & Pins

There will be two versions CHROME and Black Nickel and a NEVER TO BE RE-MINTED (Only 20 made) Gold Edition.

If anyone is interested in getting these when they arrive come on by on Firday evening.

Paula.........My Geocaching.com hat is off to you on this one. Another excellent design.

UPDATE!!!

These may be here on Thursday! Anyone on the newsletter notification list will get the notifications sent tomorrow morning if this is to be.

SALES WILL STILL BE ON FRIDAY AT 6 PM PACIFIC at my site. See my signature line for the site address.

Edited by Castle Man

Great I can sleep now....I got my order in. I bugged Dark Star with my clockwatching and mouse clicking. This has been the first time I have personally anticipated "opening day" of a coin. Thanks for the fun purchase. Now I'll bug Dark Star about the mail! :rolleyes:

Great I can sleep now....I got my order in. I bugged Dark Star with my clockwatching and mouse clicking. This has been the first time I have personally anticipated "opening day" of a coin. Thanks for the fun purchase. Now I'll bug Dark Star about the mail! :rolleyes:

This is the kinda post that makes making a coin fun! Thank you for the kind words and the purchase

Castle Man

We used Ouija boards in my family for years. I can remember my mom and aunt drawing one on a table, and useing a plastic salt & pepper shaker holder for the planchette. I was amazed that it worked! LOL!! Ouija boards stopped being a part of our home when there were some rather bad experiences that would raise your hair!

We placed our order! These look GREAT! Thanks for the blast from the past Castle Man! :rolleyes:

Got the gold coins today and they are stunning. The other half is going to be delighted, he loves the other 2 and he is getting the gold for his birthday on Wedensday which is also his 1 year caching anniversary. So very appropriate. Thank you for producing such beautiful coins and shiping them so quickly to Ireland.

Ouija boards stopped being a part of our home when there were some rather bad experiences that would raise your hair!

Oh! I'll bet!! :anibad:

A bunch of us got into them when I was in Jr High. Talk about scaring the Be-Jesus out of ya when the thing starts moving on it's own!! :D

Honest to God, the thing screamed when we burned it!! :P

Scared my cousin so bad that until this day, over 25 years later, he will not even walk down the game aisle in the store if there are any on the shelf. :)

By the way... Nice coins for the theme. :D Awesome design work CB!

D-man :D