Money no object.. what GPS would you pick?

I replaced my SportTrac Pro with Lowrance H2OC two months ago. With maps it was just over $300. Love it, bigger, color, easy to read (I am older than you) and fast updates when zoom in or out. Spend more if you want to, but I would buy Lowrance again. They now have out an updated map if I had waited a little, but vacation was not going to wait.

Since I prefer the smaller size of the Garmin eTrex line, and I like the way the click-stick works compared to the buttons on the GPS Map60CSx, I would get a new Vista HCx. :) I would use the rest of the money for gas to travel to some fun locations to find some fun caches. :laughing:

I would say the Garmin 60Cx or the Garmin 76Cx. They're almost identical as far as function goes. I have a 60Csx and Carol has the 76Cx. I don't like the electronic compass and always have it turned off. It's personal preferance, but I'd save a little $$ and get a Cx.

The reception on these is FAR superior to any other unit that I'm familiar with, and that makes these the only possible choices for us. The reception on Carol's 76Cx actually seems to be a little better than my 60Csx.

Right now I have a Garmin GPSMAP 60cx, Lowrance iFinder, Legend CX, and Magellan Meridian Platinum. My favorite? The Legend CX. And the Legend CX will be released later this month with a high sensitivity receiver. I have one pre-ordered. For too many reasons to list here, I prefer the Legend CX over the 60cx. You won't hear that too often. One MAJOR reason is battery life. 60cx can't hold a candle to the Legend in that regard. Display is brighter and sharper on the Legend CX as well. Portability factor. Those are just a few. The advantages of the 60 CX over the Legend CX are the larger screen (not better, but larger) and the high sensitivity receiver. But the latter will be evened out later this month (i am assuming the new receiver will be better than the existing as it is advertised as high sensitivity). So my recommendation is hands-down the Legend HCX (or if you like an electronic 2-axes compass and barometer, then the Vista HCX).

Since I prefer the smaller size of the Garmin eTrex line, and I like the way the click-stick works compared to the buttons on the GPS Map60CSx, I would get a new Vista HCx. :D I would use the rest of the money for gas to travel to some fun locations to find some fun caches. :D

I agree except for the 'rest of the money' thing. Extra money = more beer ;) . I pre-ordered a Vista HCx :o .

The 60CSx has a larger screen but is heavier and bulkier. Now that Etrex has removable memory, auto-routing, and has the touted sensitivity chip, the advantage the 60's had over the Etrex' has greatly diminished.

Edited by Chuy!