FeedBack on our 1st Personal Coin

gojimdandy

Hello everyone !!

We need your help on our new coin, it is coming together, but we value your opinions very much, and need some input on what you think, we have the basic idea, but we think it needs a little more !! :D

Any ideas on what we could do to make it "cool" !! :D

FREE LE COIN TO THE CACHER WITH THE BEST IDEA FOR COOLNESS !!!

Here is the lastest artwork

There will also be color and swirl added to the compass, and glow in the dark features on the front

PREVIEW HERE !!!

Peace :D

Edited by gojimdandy

This looks familiar - didn't you already have a thread about this coin?

The image removes all the confusion that there was for some of us last time. Looking good.

Just a warning, you will probably find that this thread will be closed and it's contents merged with the original thread by one of the Mods.

This looks familiar - didn't you already have a thread about this coin?

The image removes all the confusion that there was for some of us last time. Looking good.

Just a warning, you will probably find that this thread will be closed and it's contents merged with the original thread by one of the Mods.

Hi,

Yes we did, but I thought we'd start another, because of the confusion, but if they merge it, that's cool....

Thanks for the reply............I did forget to mention that there will be colors on the compass, and swirls...

BTW, how do you get your URL to your tradelist to show up correctly !! :D

HI,

Team Roboknight love using Jamie he works magic with our coins.. I think the coin does look very nice. How about adding something like a turtle racing to an ammo box or something like that add something personallized about you onto the coin. Since your name is fastest turtle. Maybe the turtle could have a compass in his hand or a GPS. I am not sure who will be minting your coin but I think that having the geocaching symbol on your coin might actually make it cost more. I am not sure. The colors are not chargable but the symbol I think does cost more money. You might check with the person you are minting with just to be sure. These are just some ideas. Hope it helps a little.. Will be watching to see what you decide to do..

Happy Caching

Team Roboknight

Hello everyone !!

We need your help on our new coin, it is coming together, but we value your opinions very much, and need some input on what you think, we have the basic idea, but we think it needs a little more !! :D

There will also be color and swirl added to the compass, and glow in the dark features on the front

PREVIEW HERE !!!

Edited by roboknight

HI,

Team Roboknight and I love using Jamie he works magic with our coins.. I think the coin does look very nice. How about adding something like a turtle racing to an ammo box or something like that add something personallized about you onto the coin. Since your name is fastest turtle. Maybe the turtle could have a compass in his hand or a GPS. I am not sure who will be minting your coin but I think that having the geocaching symbol on your coin might actually make it cost more. I am not sure. The colors are not chargable but the symbol I think does cost more money. You might check with the person you are minting with just to be sure. These are just some ideas. Hope it helps a little.. Will be watching to see what you decide to do..

Happy Caching

Team Roboknight

THANK YOU TEAM ROBOKNIGHT !! We just love your geocoin it is very cool ! Some great ideas, we really appreciate your input !! Take Care and yes, please stay tuned for the next Artwork preview :D

Hello everyone !!

PREVIEW HERE !!!

Can I be blunt??? :D

I'm sorry but it looks like the backsides of so many coins already out there.... a compass rose and the gc colours. There are a gazillion compass rose coins out there and many of them even use a similar backside. Do something new with the rose, personalize the 4 colour sections, come up with something that defines who YOU are, what drives you and what motivates you. Right now it's pretty bland and boring. :D

Sorry for my blunt opinion. :D

Edit: I just read your profile and see that you are very very new: 14 finds. Maybe your best ideas are to be had by looking over how others have produced their personal coin to make it personal. Look through people's listed collections and study their wish lists, their hard to find coins or the more sought after personal coins and try to see why these are sought after or hard to find.

Hope that helps. :D

Edited by Droo

I am not sure who will be minting your coin but I think that having the geocaching symbol on your coin might actually make it cost more. I am not sure. The colors are not chargable but the symbol I think does cost more money.

Nope you do not have to pay extra for the geocaching logo. You just need to remember the trademark. At least for now, anyway. Don't give them any ideas. :D

What I was told by our minter was if you use the geocaching symbol on your coin and you dont make it trackable then you have to pay extra for that. If you do make it trackable then you can have the symbol at no extra cost. That is what I was told and my understanding. <Most people make them trackable anyway so maybe the problem has not arised.

Edited by roboknight

Hello Everyone !!!

We appreciate all the great (and the blunt) replies !!! Blunt is a good thing ! We are revising the coin, a new direction has struck us, we think you will like this one tons better :( As soon as we get the artwork back from Jamie, we will be posting pics, so don't forget about us !! Have fun to all of you attending GW5 !!!! :anicute:

Edited by gojimdandy

I for one love compass rose designs :laughing: and I used the 4 colors on my new coin with no problem. If you've read the coin faq then its only if you use the official logo do you need to worry. No where in their faq does it mention paying them money. Using the 4 colors, even divided by a cross in a square does not count. The 'logo has a little guy in the yellow field ..etc ..

Looking forward to the next incarnation of the coin and good luck!

DezertMedic

Thank you very much for that info, I believe you are correct, the Groundspeak symbol does have the shouting guy...........We took a totally new spin away from that though, I'm really tempted to copy other posters, and give a sneak preview, but I will refrain :unsure::laughing:

Or Maybe not :anicute:

Thanks to those that have replied, but, We need more ? Let us know if you would trade or purchase our coin.

There hasn't been an overwhelming response <_< We may not be doing the coin if nobody likes it ???

Thanks !!

I'm always interested in trading for 2 of any personal coins. One for myself and one for my dad (Buffalo Wings)

Team Sand Dollar

Thank you guys, we were getting a bit discouraged, kinda scary thinking of being stuck with a bunch of your own coins ;)

I know we haven't been caching very long, but we started caching, and then got hung up on the coin side of things, but, I'm sure that happens. This past weekend though we introduced 5 new people to geocaching, and we all had a blast finding caches.........I'm ready to go hunting :huh::D

It's just a great sport, new friends, new places, it's all just great, We love it !!!! :D