Tesco selling Garmin products

Pottering around on the Internet (as you do) I discovered that Tesco are now selling GPS devices including the hallowed 60CSX. And whats more you can buy it with just clubcard points! ;)

If you are a Tesco shopper and fanatical clubcard points collector you can now get yourself a nice shiny new device with your bananas :anicute: The range starts from the basic yellow eTrex and works up. And in theory purchasing it with clubcard points makes it free.

Has anyone purchased one this way, and if so is it all as good as it sounds?

My apologies if I am not divulging anything new. ;)

Pottering around on the Internet (as you do) I discovered that Tesco are now selling GPS devices including the hallowed 60CSX. And whats more you can buy it with just clubcard points! :anicute:

If you are a Tesco shopper and fanatical clubcard points collector you can now get yourself a nice shiny new device with your bananas ;) The range starts from the basic yellow eTrex and works up. And in theory purchasing it with clubcard points makes it free.

Has anyone purchased one this way, and if so is it all as good as it sounds?

My apologies if I am not divulging anything new. ;)

Not exactly the lowest prices around are they? :unsure:

Slightly off topic but the best value I've had out of Tesco Clubcard Points was at Airkix in Milton Keynes. They work out at £4 for each £1 of voucher.

Some of Team S-J can be seen flying at

www.sayce-jones.co.uk/robin/video/airkixrobin.mpg (4MB)

also

www.sayce-jones.co.uk/jonathan/video/airkixjon.mpg (4MB)

We can't wait to try it again.

So how many points do you need to get one?

449 http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.200-5870.aspx

No, that's the points you get FOR buying one. To buy anything, it's a penny per point, therefore you need 44,997 points to buy one. Anyone got 45k spare to spend on groceries and fuel?

Is it obvious that I don't shop at Tesco?

Their site does seem ambiguous in this way.

Edited by Edgemaster

ok going off at a tangent but NEVER use tesco vouchers to buy stuff at tesco's.

do one of their deals instead where they get converted to 4 times their face value....

I convert my clubcard points into airmiles. We got a great cheap holiday in Tenerife this spring. Did loads of caching too which makes it on topic! :cool: