soldiers angels of germany geocoin

mountainranger

IF U WERE GIVEN A TRACKING NUMBER TO LOG THIS COIN AND YOU DID NOT TOUCH THIS COIN THEN PLEASE CEASE TO LOG THIS COIN IT HAS BEEN LOCKED AND I HAVE LOST IT FOREVER I AM SORRY I EVEN PUBLISHED IT IF YOU HAVE TOUCHED THIS COIN THEN YOUR LOGS WILL STAY PLEASE DO NOT DO ANYMORE VIRTUAL LOGS THANKS AND AGAIN I AM SORRY MOUNTAINRANGER :laughing:

IF U WERE GIVEN A TRACKING NUMBER TO LOG THIS COIN AND YOU DID NOT TOUCH THIS COIN THEN PLEASE CEASE TO LOG THIS COIN IT HAS BEEN LOCKED AND I HAVE LOST IT FOREVER I AM SORRY I EVEN PUBLISHED IT IF YOU HAVE TOUCHED THIS COIN THEN YOUR LOGS WILL STAY PLEASE DO NOT DO ANYMORE VIRTUAL LOGS THANKS AND AGAIN I AM SORRY MOUNTAINRANGER :laughing:

Yes, shame on your Mountainranger for raising awareness of the wounded men and women of the United States Military. Your thoughtless sharing of this coin clearly disrupts the way Groundspeak operates! I mean you thinking you can share your coin with anyone you'd like!?! Just because you own the coin don't go thinking it is yours to do what you want with it!

I don't have a problem with them not allowing virtual logging of coins. Why would you want to log you found something that you didn't? I just wish they cared as much about caches as coins and stopped people from logging caches they have never seen or weren't GC approved, like temporary caches. Of course that would cause too much an uproar and wouldn't be good for buisness.

I don't have a problem with them not allowing virtual logging of coins. Why would you want to log you found something that you didn't? I just wish they cared as much about caches as coins and stopped people from logging caches they have never seen or weren't GC approved, like temporary caches. Of course that would cause too much an uproar and wouldn't be good for buisness.

So you don't think people should be able to use their coins the way they want? Would you want your car dealership to tell you how to use your car after they sold it to you? Why should it be any different with coins? If an owner allows it to be discovered than that is the owners choice!

It isn't the dealership that tells you how to use the car...that's what the LEOs are for. Just because you think you should be allowed to drive 100mph doesn't make it right!

do not dig on him(nemsmedic11) it is me you want to yell at i am the owner of the coin i am the nurse who cares for these wounded men and women i see the pain and suffering they endure everyday till you can see what i have seen it would be a good idea to take the high road i am the one who gave out the tracking number BECAUSE I DID NOT KNOW YOU COULD NOT reason being i listened to the cache a maniacs podcast and they gave out there tracking numbers for there personal geocoins and i had not seen any info till now after the fact so my suggestion is do not get any more discussions with anyone about this coin its done its over and i am sadden by the actions taken by big brother and they know who they are and to thank all of you out there that have supported the troops so far please continue to do so there fight is far from over

mountainranger

So you don't think people should be able to use their coins the way they want? Would you want your car dealership to tell you how to use your car after they sold it to you? Why should it be any different with coins? If an owner allows it to be discovered than that is the owners choice!

I don't think that pghlooking is complaining about coin use/mis-use, just Groundspeak's seeming inconsistency about playing hard and fast with money making geocoins and burying their head in the sand over non-money making ( not directly money making anyway ) caches. It seems that when it's cache-related it's "We're only a listing service", when it's geocoin related, it's "We make the rules around here buster!" Well, that's how I see it anyway.

Maybe if it cost a couple of bucks to submit a cache ( believe me, I'm NOT suggesting this ) they'd tighten up on some things cache-related like temporary caches.

<waiting for "why can't we all just get along and you play the game the way you want and we'll play it the way we want" comments >

p.s. I guess I was a bit off-topic, sorry about that. Well, not sorry enough to clean up my post, :laughing:

Edited by nicolo

It is my believe that there is more than one reason that the SOLDIERS ANGELS OF GERMANY geocoin got shut down.

In fact after looking at the coin page there is only 8 transactions. I am not sure if I am convinced that it got shut down to "virtual" logging or if it was shut down due to the soliciting of donations?

Current GOAL: THIS IS A CHARITY GEOCOIN IN A EFFORT TO RAISE AWARENESS ABOUT WOUNDED TROOPS THAT COME TO LANDSTUHL REGIONAL MEDICAL FROM AFGHANASTAN AND IRAQ AND SOLDIERS ANGELS OF GERMANY DO A GREAT SERVICE TO HELP THESE MEN AND WOMEN IF YOU CAN DONATE YOU MAY LEAVE MONEY IN THE ENVELOPE OR SEND IT THRU PAYPAL UNDER Soldiers Angels Germany Item #20-0583415 ALSO THIS COIN WOULD LIKE TO VIST AS MANY WOUNDED TROOPS AS POSSIBLE

About this item:

THIS IS A CACHING PILL AND IT IS A CHARITABLE COIN IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DONATE OTHER ITEMS TO TROOPS THAT ARE WOUNDED PLEASE EMAIL:josephinefs2654@gmail.com she is a german national so you can communicate in german and english I would like to thank Degai, WI_Robin and applewomyn for there donation of the Caching Pill Geocoin and a extra special thanks to applewomyn for designing this wonderful coin

GS frowns on the solicitaions of charities and fundaisers. Did you contact them to see what the reason for the lock down was? Would they reverse it if indeed it was due to charity solicitation?

Folks should be able to do what they want with their coins...they are their coins after all.

However, virtual logging is using the resources of the gs website...which you do not own. That is what is regulated.

It is my believe that there is more than one reason that the SOLDIERS ANGELS OF GERMANY geocoin got shut down.

In fact after looking at the coin page there is only 8 transactions. I am not sure if I am convinced that it got shut down to "virtual" logging or if it was shut down due to the soliciting of donations?

Current GOAL: THIS IS A CHARITY GEOCOIN IN A EFFORT TO RAISE AWARENESS ABOUT WOUNDED TROOPS THAT COME TO LANDSTUHL REGIONAL MEDICAL FROM AFGHANASTAN AND IRAQ AND SOLDIERS ANGELS OF GERMANY DO A GREAT SERVICE TO HELP THESE MEN AND WOMEN IF YOU CAN DONATE YOU MAY LEAVE MONEY IN THE ENVELOPE OR SEND IT THRU PAYPAL UNDER Soldiers Angels Germany Item #20-0583415 ALSO THIS COIN WOULD LIKE TO VIST AS MANY WOUNDED TROOPS AS POSSIBLE

About this item:

THIS IS A CACHING PILL AND IT IS A CHARITABLE COIN IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DONATE OTHER ITEMS TO TROOPS THAT ARE WOUNDED PLEASE EMAIL:josephinefs2654@gmail.com she is a german national so you can communicate in german and english I would like to thank Degai, WI_Robin and applewomyn for there donation of the Caching Pill Geocoin and a extra special thanks to applewomyn for designing this wonderful coin

GS frowns on the solicitaions of charities and fundaisers. Did you contact them to see what the reason for the lock down was? Would they reverse it if indeed it was due to charity solicitation?

i am the owner and i was told by Groundspeak that it was the virtual logging nothing else there are other geocins that are charity related and there were alot more logs over 15 that i had to delete per Groundspeak it also states on my page where they can go donate money or items needed by troops this is a non profit orgnaization yes i have talked to them about the reason virtual logging it has nothing to do with the charity thing and they will only reverse if i delted the virtual logs which i did and got rid of the other posts giving the tracking number out which i did i have done everything they asked and still nothing

I agree the owner has the right to do with it as they please, within the guidelines set forth, and you agreed to them when you use the site. I don't wish to engage in your apples to oranges comparison, since we both know the state has rules of how you can use your car. Not the same topic. Sorry.

The biggest difference is that coins are not allowed to be virtually logged, but caches are. Why would you want to anyhow? You log something, claiming to have "discovered it" when in fact you never saw it, touched it, or anything closer than got a tracking number from another person. Yeah that is real cool! I agree with the enforcement of this since it is lame. I disagree with the selective enforcement of this rule though. Why stop at coins and Tbs. Go all the way and and clean the place up. Stop allowing people to log caches that aren't there, just because they were in the right area or the owner was a friend of theirs. Stop the mega logging of temporary caches at events when they weren't approved caches. These things will never be stopped since the money coming in is for premium memberships and the balance has shifted to the numbers people running around and logging everything. The coin has already been paid for and there will be no reoccuring payments with it, so stopping this behavior has no negative effects. If GC stopped the cache logging they would have a mutiny on their hands and would see a reduction in premium memberships.

Just FYI I actually found this coin in a cache and discovered it and they deleted my log as well?!?!? I discovered it around the 15th I think well before it the Podcast and got an email yesterday that they had deleted my log?!?!? So it wasn't just the virtual logs that got deleted.

Mountainranger it is a very nice coin...love the pill bottle!

Just FYI I actually found this coin in a cache and discovered it and they deleted my log as well?!?!? I discovered it around the 15th I think well before it the Podcast and got an email yesterday that they had deleted my log?!?!? So it wasn't just the virtual logs that got deleted.

Then relog it. I would guess they were telling the owner to delete any logs that were virtual logs, or appeared to be, and your was caught in the mix. I would just relog it and maybe sent a note to te owner stating as much.

It is a cache owner's and trackable owner's responsibility to delete bogus logs. It's call maintenance. Do you really think Groundspeak has enough people to read every single log? No. But an owner gets an email notification so they know when their cache or trackable is logged. The owner can verify a log, by looking in the log book.

It's perfectly acceptable to let people discover your trackable, if they've seen it. It is not acceptable to let people log it who have never even laid eyes on it. Why would you want someone who never saw it, touched it, admired it, or inspected it log it? It's their website, and if they don't want it abused, that's up to them. If you don't want your trackable locked, don't offer it up for bogus logs.

I agree the owner has the right to do with it as they please, within the guidelines set forth, and you agreed to them when you use the site. I don't wish to engage in your apples to oranges comparison, since we both know the state has rules of how you can use your car. Not the same topic. Sorry.

The biggest difference is that coins are not allowed to be virtually logged, but caches are. Why would you want to anyhow? You log something, claiming to have "discovered it" when in fact you never saw it, touched it, or anything closer than got a tracking number from another person. Yeah that is real cool! I agree with the enforcement of this since it is lame. I disagree with the selective enforcement of this rule though. Why stop at coins and Tbs. Go all the way and and clean the place up. Stop allowing people to log caches that aren't there, just because they were in the right area or the owner was a friend of theirs. Stop the mega logging of temporary caches at events when they weren't approved caches. These things will never be stopped since the money coming in is for premium memberships and the balance has shifted to the numbers people running around and logging everything. The coin has already been paid for and there will be no reoccuring payments with it, so stopping this behavior has no negative effects. If GC stopped the cache logging they would have a mutiny on their hands and would see a reduction in premium memberships.

Again, that's a cache owner's responsibility.

Then relog it. I would guess they were telling the owner to delete any logs that were virtual logs, or appeared to be, and your was caught in the mix. I would just relog it and maybe sent a note to te owner stating as much.

My wife also discovered this coin in a local cache (she made a special trip to the cache just to discover it) and her discovery was deleted also. Her log is still on the coin page, but it does not show the icon on her trackable page. Jdawg has the same problem - I think this may be a problem with the website. Relogging it would probably work, but she didn't keep the number and the owner hasn't responded to her email.

Would this coin recent "discovered in geocoin chat room" be the same...The Hitchhiking Geocoin Fairy Geocoin #56 ? It seems that that would be virtual logging, also :D

That is virtual logging and will get a coin shut down.

I didn't know this...I will delete the logs.

Now, if I showed a picture of said coin to the others...is that allowed?

I would think that's still virtual logging A&T...did they touch it, feel it or even see it in person? I know some don't ever really TOUCH some coins, but at least see in person (not an image on the computer).

I'd say it's virt since they also frown on showing the numbers on a coin that's for sale.

Edited by Rockin Roddy

Would this coin recent "discovered in geocoin chat room" be the same...The Hitchhiking Geocoin Fairy Geocoin #56 ? It seems that that would be virtual logging, also :D

I thought it would be okay to have some fun in sharing my coin...yes, people saw a picture of it...

At any rate, I have deleted the logs.

Taking this in a different direction.

Why is the "virtual logging restriction" not included in the Geocoin or Travel Bug FAQ on the geocaching.com website. I understand there is a pinned forum post with this restriction, but only a small percentage of cachers visit the forums. Seems the logical place to place this restriction is in the FAQ.

Why is the "virtual logging restriction" not included in the Geocoin or Travel Bug FAQ on the geocaching.com website. I understand there is a pinned forum post with this restriction, but only a small percentage of cachers visit the forums. Seems the logical place to place this restriction is in the FAQ.

Because in general Groundspeak really does not care, show me how many coins have been locked out for virtual logging that weren't first listed on Podcasts. The point here is Groundspeak has a set of rules for Podcasts, and a set of rules for everyone else.

I.E. No commerical caches is a rule, though Crackel Barrel gave open permission for caches on their property, yet posting a cache to say thanks or mentioning a Podcast is a violation.

People have personal websites with the coin collections posted that people can google and find, they have been sharing their coins virtually for a long time, but that doesn't peak any interest from Groundspeak, yet someone mentions a coin or travel bug on a Podcast and big brother has it locked in an hour.

I had a log deleted from a Travel Bug I saw at an event after Bass_chaz mentioned it on a podcast.

If Groundspeak enforced the rules the same way with everyone than I would be more than happy to withdraw any complaints, but this selective enforcement needs to stop.

Personally I feel that the selective enforcement hurts them a lot. I planned on starting my collection of coins and travel bugs at Geowoodstock next month (I hate shipping and handling fees, so I was waiting to do it in person) However I will NEVER buy one now and I will NEVER renew my membership, so Groundspeak will be loosing at least a few hundred dollars of my business, and just to prove a point I will start giving my money to all of the Podcasts that they try so hard to keep down.

So...you basically don't like GS' actions against podcasts, and to prove it, you'll simply not buy any coins and never pay for a membership again? Wow...sounds like you're going all out there! Why not just stop using if you feel that way?

If you have a problem with GS...write THEM! You called another cacher names and said they were childish when they posted behind your back...what are you doing?

I hope GS doesn't go bankrupt by losing your business!

<snip>

People have personal websites with the coin collections posted that people can google and find, they have been sharing their coins virtually for a long time, but that doesn't peak any interest from Groundspeak, yet someone mentions a coin or travel bug on a Podcast and big brother has it locked in an hour.

<snip>

If you would like to post or email me a list of coins and TBs that are being virtualy logged I would be happy to make sure they get locked. When they are reported we lock them. Its not selective, its based on finding out about them.

Edited by CO Admin

..show me how many coins have been locked out for virtual logging that weren't first listed on Podcasts. The point here is Groundspeak has a set of rules for Podcasts, and a set of rules for everyone else.

This is incorrect, there have many more coins locked down than have ever been podcasted. Go do a search on TB that have traveled more than a 100,000 miles and you'll see most of them have been locked down due to being logged in caches around the world in a couple days or less. There is no inconsistency.

When they learn of a virtual bug it get's locked.

My guess would be that somebody reported the coin from the Podcast. This is primarily a self-policing community after all. Do you really think the moderators have time to go searching out personal websites, etc.?

There's a difference between something like that which is maybe known about, but hard to find, and having somebody throw an example in your face.

Seems like you have more of an axe to grind about GS vs. Podcast than anything else...

So...you basically don't like GS' actions against podcasts, and to prove it, you'll simply not buy any coins and never pay for a membership again? Wow...sounds like you're going all out there! Why not just stop using if you feel that way?

If you have a problem with GS...write THEM! You called another cacher names and said they were childish when they posted behind your back...what are you doing?

I hope GS doesn't go bankrupt by losing your business!

Very short reply since I emailed the poster directly.

I have wrote to them, they clearly know my feelings, and I am writing on their message board which they monitor. When people post about each other on someones else's board it bothers me. When I post on Groundspeaks board I am telling them how I feel.

If you think that my business is not important to Groundspeak you should read any Business 101 college text and pay close attention the the section on advertising.

When it comes to the technology advertising demographic I am the person companies spend the most money on trying to attract.

29 year old single, childless, college educated, professional white male, I am the bread and butter of companies in the tech field. My disposable income is the highest of any other demographic right now. In a few years it will start to fall when kids, house, ect come along so companies are aggressive with people like me while the disposable income is here. Companies like Verizon, Microsoft, Palm and Apple clearly understand that and hopefully Groundspeak will learn that and stop alienating us.

I am not complaining about the sport of geocaching so there is no reason for me to leave geocaching, I am complaining about inconsistent enforcement of "guidelines"

I am complaining about inconsistent enforcement of "guidelines"

Which there isn't when it comes to locking virtual travelers.

How about you show me one that is being used as a virtual but isn't locked down and we'll see what gc.com does with it once it's reported. :D

Edited by BlueDeuce
I am complaining about inconsistent enforcement of "guidelines"

Which there isn't when it comes to locking virtual travelers.

How about you show me one that is being used as a virtual but isn't locked down and we'll see what gc.com does with it once it's reported? :D

I find it hard to believe that if someone has a collection with a FEW HUNDRED coins being logged virtually that GS would not be aware of it. Afterall how many people even own a FEW HUNDRED coins?

The point is that as soon as Sonny and Sandy allowed it to go on with one of their coins and they stated that it was to show advertisers that spending money on advertising on podcasts that GS took a hard line with them, but not others.

I also think there is a big difference between virtual travelers and people virtually discovering coins. I just became aware of a cache being published since the big crack down that advertised that it would be used as a virtual resting place for lost coins and people would be able to get the codes to discover the coins.

So reviewers are told not to allow any caches with mention of the Podcacher Podcast, but they can let caches like that be published?

So reviewers are told not to allow any caches with mention of the Podcacher Podcast, but they can let caches like that be published?

I know that this is off topic but could someone point me to a thread about the Podcacher Podcast issue. I must have missed this controversy and have since read many references to it. I figure that it's time for me to get edjukated about it, thanks.

Which cache would this be?

I'm not going to start ratting out caches and users who are doing things I agree with so they too can be shut down.

Due to that darn consistant enforcement of rules no doubt.

Actually I am questioning your description of such a cache being pubished today.

Due to that darn consistant enforcement of rules no doubt.

Actually I am questioning your description of such a cache being pubished today.

I am going to entertain the notion for a second that it could possibly be someone with nothing better to do than reporting coins being virtually logged and not because GS is against podcasts and not give the information so they can be shut down.

However like I said before, when someone owns 100's of coins and have them posted on a personal page I doubt it is not known about. Heck, come to think of it, the coins are all linked to off of the personal webpage, so when Groundspeak sees 1000's of visits all coming from one page I KNOW someone in IT would know about it.

Well I don't know if they do or not. Logging a traveler doesn't show up anywhere other than on the page and they probably aren't reading the emails sent to the owner. Do they monitor traffic to individual profile pages? not sure.

But without details I can't see how well advertised it is.

edit: clarification.

Edited by BlueDeuce

I thought it would be okay to have some fun in sharing my coin...yes, people saw a picture of it...

At any rate, I have deleted the logs.

Sorry, didn't mean to get anyone in trouble nor sad. I appears that some TB s "numbers" are shown (maybe not meaning to) and others try to log it.

Sorry, had to post reply...you have a pm!

I own nearly 200 coins, I share them with my friends all the time! At events, when I visit them, when they visit me...no problem since they do get to see and even touch the coins.

Now, if I took pics of every coin, posted them for all to see and log, they'd be locked...simple!

Sorry, had to post reply...you have a pm!

I own nearly 200 coins, I share them with my friends all the time! At events, when I visit them, when they visit me...no problem since they do get to see and even touch the coins.

Now, if I took pics of every coin, posted them for all to see and log, they'd be locked...simple!

I know that at Geocoin Fest 2007 someone was handing out sheets of coin #'s - I passed on the offer. I think that I've heard that this is common practice at the GeoWoodstock or other large events ...?