soldiers angels of germany geocoin

mountainranger

:mad:

beatdeadhorse5.gif

:D:(

I'm sorry that you feel I am beating a dead horse by asking that Groundspeak either provides us with official policy, or stops locking coins because owners do something they choose to do with their codes.

Clearly I am so wrong by expecting clear guidelines from Groundspeak and for thinking word of mouth is a pretty crappy way to enforce the rules.

Um...that post I linked IS official policy. I'm sorry you cannot figure this out.

Let's cut to the chase...the policy is what it is...it has been stated. You don't like it? Tough. Don't buy any coins or travel bugs.

Just quit whining.

Um...that post I linked IS official policy. I'm sorry you cannot figure this out.

Let's cut to the chase...the policy is what it is...it has been stated. You don't like it? Tough. Don't buy any coins or travel bugs.

Just quit whining.

That post you linked to is an informal discussion in a forum, that is not policy, if Groundspeak wants to have a policy they need to place it on the TRAVEL BUG homepage, not the forums.

But of course that is just an example of my whining, I mean afterall it is SOP that when you want to know a companies policy you go to their informal forums. Like when I am working at the hospital as a nurse, I don't go to the policies and procedures manul for the unit I am on, I instead go to the hospitals forums.

Just quit whining.

That post you linked to is an informal discussion in a forum, that is not policy, if Groundspeak wants to have a policy they need to place it on the TRAVEL BUG homepage, not the forums.

But of course that is just an example of my whining, I mean afterall it is SOP that when you want to know a companies policy you go to their informal forums. Like when I am working at the hospital as a nurse, I don't go to the policies and procedures manul for the unit I am on, I instead go to the hospitals forums.

Quit being intentionally obtuse. You know full well that when Eartha, as a fully recognized and appointed representative of Groundspeak, posts policy on this forum for all to read it IS the stance of Groundspeak. Jeremy himself has weighed in on the subject. The matter has been settled.

Right now, you are not inviting healthy discourse; you are simply trolling the forum.

THANK YOU DEMENACE and A&T!! I wanted to say just that, but thought I had said enough already!

Yeah watch out, the forums are timing out today, it must be all the people logging fake finds on coins that is causing the site to timeout.

For an alleged nurse you sure do act like a child. :mad:

Just quit whining.

Quit being intentionally obtuse. You know full well that when Eartha, as a fully recognized and appointed representative of Groundspeak, posts policy on this forum for all to read it IS the stance of Groundspeak. Jeremy himself has weighed in on the subject. The matter has been settled.

Right now, you are not inviting healthy discourse; you are simply trolling the forum.

You can make all the personal digs at me that you would like, I still stand behind the fact that if Groundspeak wants this to be the offical policy they need to post it on the offical page of the travelbugs and geocoins.

Not every user of geocaching comes to these forums, so posting something in here is hardly offical notification. It might be good enough for you, but think of the owners of the coins and TB's who do not use the forums and end up with their bugs locks because they didn't know. You can not fault them for not coming into the forums because many many people don't use them.

Now please tell me what isn't useful or a vaild point to this post.

Just quit whining.

You can make all the personal digs at me that you would like, I still stand behind the fact that if Groundspeak wants this to be the offical policy they need to post it on the offical page of the travelbugs and geocoins.

Not every user of geocaching comes to these forums, so posting something in here is hardly offical notification. It might be good enough for you, but think of the owners of the coins and TB's who do not use the forums and end up with their bugs locks because they didn't know. You can not fault them for not coming into the forums because many many people don't use them.

Now please tell me what isn't useful or a vaild point to this post.

*sigh*

I give up.

Like my grandpa used to say: "Most people can grasp simple concepts easily...some, however, require a two by four."

Just quit whining.

The thing is, you need to do what others have suggested. Instead of "whining" here in this thread, post a new thread in the geocaching.com website politely requesting that these guidelines be posted on the tracking page. Then there is no reason to keep going on and on about it in this thread.

*sigh*

I give up.

Like my grandpa used to say: "Most people can grasp simple concepts easily...some, however, require a two by four."

Quick, resort to a personal attack because you know I am making a valid point, at that point you have one of two choices, say, "Oh yeah, I guess you are right there" or make a personal attack and choose to say I should be hit with a 2x4

but yet you claim I am being Obtuse?

Taking this in a different direction.

Why is the "virtual logging restriction" not included in the Geocoin or Travel Bug FAQ on the geocaching.com website. I understand there is a pinned forum post with this restriction, but only a small percentage of cachers visit the forums. Seems the logical place to place this restriction is in the FAQ.

<snip>

People have personal websites with the coin collections posted that people can google and find, they have been sharing their coins virtually for a long time, but that doesn't peak any interest from Groundspeak, yet someone mentions a coin or travel bug on a Podcast and big brother has it locked in an hour.

<snip>

If you would like to post or email me a list of coins and TBs that are being virtualy logged I would be happy to make sure they get locked. When they are reported we lock them. Its not selective, its based on finding out about them.

From Disabled Tb's / Geocoins, Will we get these re-enabled

If you actually plan to release the Geocoin we would be happy to set that up for you to restart it on its real journey.

Keep in mind, however, that I am not doing this because we "didn't hand out a warning". That would be a moot point after the fact, no pun intended. There was no reason to have a rule in place to say that fake logging wasn't allowed either. A "virtual" travel bug or geocoin is some manufactured term we never used here. Since the intent was to actually map a physical move in the real world we thought that the point of a Travel Bug or Geocoin was pretty clear.

Anyway, use the contact address to request that the geocoin is reset so you can drop it off into a cache. If you do not intend to do this, however, there is no reason to have it reset.

beatdeadhorse5.gif

:D:(

I'm sorry that you feel I am beating a dead horse by asking that Groundspeak either provides us with official policy, or stops locking coins because owners do something they choose to do with their codes.

Clearly I am so wrong by expecting clear guidelines from Groundspeak and for thinking word of mouth is a pretty crappy way to enforce the rules.

You know it is not as if I think you are beating a dead horse, simply put I know you are!!!! You have already been provided the answer to your question.

The first response was from Col Admin that stated that he would lock any coin that he new was being virtually logged, Col Admin is a mod that I am sure is knowledgable on the requirements of logging coins/TB's.

The second was a link that provided your answer from none other than the owner of this Groundspeak Organization. What more do you want?

Nemsmedics11 lets come to terms with this you, you will not be receving a personal letter with todays date or your name listed on the top. You will not be receiving anythingmore than what you have been given.

It was suggested that you contact them personally to request that it get added to the FAQ page, I agree that this would be helpful to all.

Mods

Your Attention Please

Anytime a thread has been opened with a specific question once the question has been answered and strays this far from the OP, it gets locked down. The answer has been provided, can this thread please be treated like all other threads?

nems...it is unbelievable how slowly this seems to be getting through to you...if at all! A&T isn't saying this because you have ANY valid point, he is simply giving up because talking to a wall would be time better spent!

I understand that Groundspeaks policy is spread through word of mouth, I understand that point. My point is everyone here in the forums seems fine with that and I am not fine with that.

I am speaking for the people who get their coins and bugs locked because of an offical policy that they were never told about. Groundspeak does not even give people an email when they lock out a coin, so they don't tell you about the policy, and then they don't tell you they locked out your trackable because of a policy they don't even know about.

What is left for me to understand?

I'm being treated like a richard for making a point in the forums. I am being told by you it is not good enough to post a complaint in the forums, that I need to take it to Groundspeak directly, yet the same people tell me it is good enough for Groundspeak to post policys in the same forums that I am told I shouldn't complain in.

Makes sense to me!

Edited by nemsmedic11

Wow, a lot to dig through so let me try to get them all covered.

Here's the first place it's posted:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=94185

Quoted text at the bottom of the post:

AND THIS MOST IMPORTANT ONE:

If you log a bogus virtual log on a TB, or offer your own TB up for virtual logging you will risk having that TB page locked forever. This means, if you never saw a bug, but got the bug number and youlog it, that bug is in risk of being taken out of the game. Don't do this to TB owners who inadvertently might post a photo, or someone else posts a photo, of their TB number. Don't log it virtually. It's considered abuse of the system. And it's not fair play.

This thread is informational only and is not meant to be replied to, therefore it is locked

Updated 10/31/06

And to support this post:

Um...that post I linked IS official policy.

Let's cut to the chase...the policy is what it is...it has been stated.

That is a matter of opinion. This is where Groundspeak updates it's polices most of the time. The fact is that you don't like that, and that is your choice. But saying where it has to go is not your decision.

... when Eartha, as a fully recognized and appointed representative of Groundspeak, posts policy on this forum for all to read it IS the stance of Groundspeak. Jeremy himself has weighed in on the subject. The matter has been settled.

Correct.

For an alleged nurse you sure do act like a child. :mad:

Let's not resort to name-calling. Consider this a warning. :D

I understand that Groundspeaks policy is spread through word of mouth, I understand that point. My point is everyone here in the forums seems fine with that and I am not fine with that.

I am speaking for the people who get their coins and bugs locked because of an offical policy that they were never told about. Groundspeak does not even give people an email when they lock out a coin, so they don't tell you about the policy, and then they don't tell you they locked out your trackable because of a policy they don't even know about.

What is left for me to understand?

I'm being treated like a <removed by moderator> for making a point in the forums. I am being told by you it is not good enough to post a complaint in the forums, that I need to take it to Groundspeak directly, yet the same people tell me it is good enough for Groundspeak to post policys in the same forums that I am told I shouldn't complain in.

Makes sense to me!

Here you have said that "everyone" here is OK with that. So, in a sense you've gotten your answer. You are the only one complaining. You are free to have your opinion, but you're continuing to argue with the very people you've acknowledged that don't have a problem with the policy.

Second, you claim to be speaking for the people who are upset, etc. but again - you are the only one here making any noise on this topic. I don't see the support.

Finally, you can consider this a warning for you as well. This is a family-friendly forum - please keep your language in line with that (see forum guidelines for the exact details).

So, the orignal question about the specific coin has long been answered.

Should you wish to continue the discussion, please open a new thread in the WEBSITE section of these forums. That is where the "feature requests" go and the folks that do the development hang out.

Again, you are free to voice your displeasure and desire for a change. But you must also accept the answers given to you when they come from TPTB.