Need opinions on Coin maker quality

DezertMedic

Hi all,

I am getting ready to have a personal coin made. I am looking for help in choosing a coin maker. I have spoken with a couple of places already.

What I would like is to hear from people who have had coins made first hand. Who did you use, if you used more than one, which coins came out the best, over quality vs. price. I would rather pay a little extra for a well made coin then try to save money and have one I'm not happy with. Also, who offered you the best support, communication and help. This is going to be a personal, non-trackable coin.

Any help is appreciated. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to mention a company name here.

Thanks

D

I just sent my deposit in to Landsharkz.ca for my coin check their website for coins they've done some really cool coins. I've been talk to Helen for a couple weeks while deciding the route I wanted to take bought a couple of their coins. My emails have been answered quickly. I was so impressed with the way I've been delt with so far I gave them my business.

I just want to say a quick thanks to everyone who has responded - here, PM and email!

Thanks for the information. I thought designing what I wanted was hard but picking the right vendor and options is almost as hard. Hopefully I can make a decision and move towards production with in a few days.

Thanks again.

D

If you are looking for price. The best place I think is Rusty. He has and will do all my coins. He also has very nice service and quality.

I agree Rusty did a wonderful job on my coin and it was a pleasure working with him. He was quick in his response time. Example tonight had issue with my icon not appearing after the coin is activated, he responded in less then 2 hours. He always responded in a timely manner usually within 24 hours. He did a fantastic job.

You can see photo samples of my coin:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=155316

I do like all the coins I see so I think it is a matter of what you may be looking for in and on the coin and price.

Steel City Babes

I had a chance to meet most of the vendors at GeocoinFest. They are all great folks, but we all have our favorites.

Mine is Coins&Pins. They did my first coin, and they were so great to deal with, there is no reason to try anyone else! I can almost always tell which designs are theirs when I get a coin in trade. The only real exception to that is some coins I have received that were made by Landsharkz. I really like what they do as well.

Here is my advice...learned from home improvement projects by trial and error...

When we bought our first house, we had to get a lot of work done on the backyard. We had an idea of what we wanted, went out for bids, and ended up picking one of the most economical bids. They were nice guys, and they asked us what we wanted, and they gave it to us...as time went on, we realized there were a lot of things we should have done differently.

When we moved to the house we are in now, we knew what we wanted, and went out for bids. This time, we gave the contractors the general idea of what we wanted, and let them come back with ideas. One of them really took what we wanted, and brought it to the next level. He had great suggestions, and told us what he had done in the past that worked for folks. He wasn't the cheapest, but we are thrilled with the work.

So, in a nutshell, if you have an idea of what you want, talk to several vendors. See which one gets your "vision" the best, and then go with them. There is no substitute for having a vendor that really understands what you want.

I've worked with Rusty @ personalgeocoins.com for 2 coins now, and re-orders for both as well, I was happy with both times.

I was involved with Oakcoins as well. nielsenc was very quick to respond to my emails, including several in one night when I had concerns over quality and even offered to have my coins redone if I wasn't happy with the end result. I am happy with how my top 40 record came out, and would use them as well.

I don't want to bad mouth anyone, but some folks, one company in particular has overinflated prices, and though they produce nice coins, I dont think they have any higher quality coins than any of the others.

I'll throw my recomendation out there too. I have worked with Oakcoins and highly recommend them. When I went to have my coin made, I solicited quotes from several companies and they were the only one that responded. I am extremely happy with my coin and if I have another one done I know who I will go with. Service like they offer can't be beat!

Not any bad answers with any of the above.

I corrisponded with many of the companys mentioned above, and decided to go with a local (400 miles away) producer, who was new and starting out.

Every one I delt with and there where several responded very quickly and where very clear in everyone one of thier communiques with me.

The deciding factor was the local factor and the personal calls I recieved ensuring I was having all my apprehensions and anxieties addressed properly.

my selection is North Bound Trading Company- www.northboundtradingcompany.com