New Handmade Personal Geocoins

Red Otter

Like many in these forums, I have grown to love geocoins! I am in the process of having my first coin made (more to come on this soon...), but I loved the idea of handmade personal coins, so I decided to take a shot at making some.

I am calling them GeoSpirits and you can see pictures of the first 3 I've made below. Each "coin" will be unique (some will look similar, but each one is carved completely by hand and from scratch) and I have no idea how many I will make.

They are made out of a clay polymer that is subsequently baked and glazed. Supposedly they are strong enough that you can drill holes in them after they are baked.

I was interested in getting a little bit of feedback on these (like them, hate them, how to make them better, or whatever). I am also trying to figure out whether or not to make them trackable some how. I know I can't use regular geocoin numbers because they are not made of metal. Any ideas would be appreciated.

groupshot1.jpg

2007001a.jpg

2007001.jpg

Red Otter,

You did a nice job and to have handcarved them is great! If you want to make them trackable, get in touch with Marky (sigitem.com).

If you are happy with your work, then that is the most important thing :)

Did you put your cacher name on the back?

You won a petroglyph but if you want to make a trade for another one for one of yours, I'd be happy to trade with you :D

Tsun

Edited by tsunrisebey