Cheap priced coin makers

dawgs

If I was making a large volume of coins to sell to the public, and keep a small amount for trading, I wouldn't pick any place other than the geocoin store. Heck, how can you beat free coins? But, for a small amount of trader coins to use for personal reasons (trades, cache drops, etc.) you can get very competitive quotes from a variety of sources. I would recommend:

personal geocoins

oak coins

hog wild stuff

just to name a few.

Most of the reputable makers are very competitive in the pricing department. If your looking to trade or sell people aren't going to want things that are too cheap, as cheap will affect quality.

If your looking for a good cheap sig item that you leave in caches perhaps the geo token would be a good way to go.

I AM No expert, but I have had 2 coins produced for me and hand down the cheapest is personal geocoins/geocoin store people.

coins & pins is always way more expensive and quality does not justify IMO.

oakcoins and the caching place are the other 2 i've personally received quotes from and they were less than c&p but more than personalgeocoins.com

in fact they are rated on price alone...

1. personalgeocoins.com

2. the caching place

3. oak coins

4. c&p

i've seen great coins from all of these companies. and ive heard several of them use the same mint on china.

I was extremely happy with my V2 nero coins, personal geocoins made them and they came out flawless IMO.

You could check with ...[/url]

Wow. One post and no cache finds!

Yes, you can always have someone beat someone else in pricing. I find that our online calculator has enabled people to say, see, we are cheaper than X, just look at their prices! Of course, you dont see them offer a wide varity of pricing ablities. I have thought about pulling the online calculator as we see the other companies using it as well.

And as for Cheaper, I just looked at their special and it is still more than about 3 other places. You might want to check your facts first.

Personally, I dont think you can put a price on working with Sara :laughing:.

And the list of sites of those making Geocoins is http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=116641 .

Here are some ways to save money:

Make it smaller

1" instead of 1.5"

Make it not so thick

2/2.5 or 3mm instead of the normal 3.5mm

Have them shipped by boat

Can take up to 4 weeks to get them. I think some companies used to do it based on the time to get the coins. It looks like most use FEDEX now to save time.

Use a less expensive coin metal/finish

Go for Shinny instead of an Antique Finish. Ask about Zinc (but most people say that Zinc is too cheap feeling).

Make them non-trackable

Many people on the forums dont make them trackable as they use them for caches or trade only. Some dont even number them.

Go 2D instead of 3D

3D dies are more expensive. You can save money by using 2D.

Hope that helps!!!

You could check with ...[/url]

Wow. One post and no cache finds!

Yes, you can always have someone beat someone else in pricing. I find that our online calculator has enabled people to say, see, we are cheaper than X, just look at their prices! Of course, you dont see them offer a wide varity of pricing ablities. I have thought about pulling the online calculator as we see the other companies using it as well.

And as for Cheaper, I just looked at their special and it is still more than about 3 other places. You might want to check your facts first.

Personally, I dont think you can put a price on working with Sara :laughing:.

And the list of sites of those making Geocoins is http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=116641 .

Here are some ways to save money:

Make it smaller

1" instead of 1.5"

Make it not so thick

2/2.5 or 3mm instead of the normal 3.5mm

Have them shipped by boat

Can take up to 4 weeks to get them. I think some companies used to do it based on the time to get the coins. It looks like most use FEDEX now to save time.

Use a less expensive coin metal/finish

Go for Shinny instead of an Antique Finish. Ask about Zinc (but most people say that Zinc is too cheap feeling).

Make them non-trackable

Many people on the forums dont make them trackable as they use them for caches or trade only. Some dont even number them.

Go 2D instead of 3D

3D dies are more expensive. You can save money by using 2D.

Hope that helps!!!

All valid points. And I agree, that the post above reeks of a sock puppet.

'Confuscia' post='2586595' date='Nov 27 2006, 12:35 PM']

You could check with CHQualityCoins.com. I believe they will beat any compeditors prices.

Does that price take into account having to return the broke ones to the minter? :laughing:

Most coin places offer the same products with twists and variants, one thing is for sure, coin people certainly have favorites. :huh:

Edited by avroair

There is a thread pinned at the top that lists about 15 companies. You should probably start there. Without anyone here knowing the number of coins, the type of metal, the size, or anything else about them, there is no one answer to this question. Send this info to a few companies who will give you quotes. Threads like this tend to give you more opinions and favorites than actual quotes, unless that is what you are looking for.

You could check with CHQualityCoins.com. I believe they will beat any compeditors prices.

Does that price take into include having to return the broke ones to the minter? :laughing:

Most coin places offer the same products with twists and variants, one thing is for sure, coin people certainly have favorites. :huh:

So is CHQualityCoins known for coins that break??

I only have one coin that they made (that I know of) and otherwise hadn't really heard much about them.

is there anyway i can just get the tracking numbers so i can make my own coins because at my school we can make coins using a laser engraver

I don't know if that can be done or not. Plus remember any design that is trackable on the website must have the text, "trackable at geocaching.com" and the design also must be approved by Groundspeak/Geocaching.com

Just because I don't log finds on this site doesn't mean I havn't found any. I really dont care about logging caches found...I have my own log. Yes I know the owner at CHQualitycoins and I also believe that the coins that are breaking were a mistake from the factory and will be replaced at no cost to the buyers. I also have seen many coins produced from CHcoins and personally feel that they are the same or better quality than the other manufacturers referenced above. As far as price email the sales department they are willing to negotiate. Next time I'll keep my two cents. So much for trying to give someone another option. Welcome to geocaching, such a friendly community of outdoorsmen. Thank you fellow cachers!! :laughing: And I do love to get flamed for my first post, It just warms my heart and welcomes me in.....

Edited by Confuscia

Just because I don't log finds on this site doesn't mean I havn't found any. I really dont care about logging caches found...I have my own log. Yes I know the owner at CHQualitycoins and I also believe that the coins that are breaking were a mistake from the factory and will be replaced at no cost to the buyers. I also have seen many coins produced from CHcoins and personally feel that they are the same or better quality than the other manufacturers referenced above. As far as price email the sales department they are willing to negotiate. Next time I'll keep my two cents. So much for trying to give someone another option. Welcome to geocaching, such a friendly community of outdoorsmen. Thank you fellow cachers!! :unsure: And I do love to get flamed for my first post, It just warms my heart and welcomes me in.....

Thank you for clearing up your post.

As you can see, there tends to be questions raised when someone just enters and post information which doesnt match up. You gave some information, and I went to three other websites which also post pricing. They were all in fact lower.

Welcome.

Don't be turned away by the reaction to your first post.

You have no finds or hides and your account is less than 30 days old yet you have a favorite coin making company. It's not unreasonable to suspect something fishy.

You've cleared it up so that's that.

This can be a tough group at times - especially when something needs clarification or seems fishy - but don't sweat it. Most of the folks in here are quite friendly.

Had you come out and said "I know so-and-so and would recommend...." the reaction would have been much different.

Welcome. :unsure:

Does that price take into account having to return the broke ones to the minter? :unsure:

Most coin places offer the same products with twists and variants, one thing is for sure, coin people certainly have favorites. :blink:

Avroair if you knew anything about our recent issue you wouldn't have posted your comments.

Obviously you don't know the facts. All of our customers will be getting free rplacement coins for the manufacturing issue we experienced with our Satellite 4 Geocoin. All pending and future orders of this coin will be given both versions so they can release one if they wish.

Get your facts straight before you post.

Thanks.

Edited by CacheHunters42