Paypal Shipping Label

AtwellFamily

No they don't charge for the service. I have used it frequently. One good thing is that they only charge 14 cents for delivery confirmation. One bad thing is they charge for delivery confirmation ie you have to take it. It makes it easy for me as I can print it out and just drop in the mailbox. Of course if you have hundreds I don't think your mailman would like you to do that! LOL You can also print out a packing slip too

You don't have to ship that way though. Depending on the size I find that dhl may be cheaper than the post office.

They sort of charge... they will always add the electronic delivery notification (14 cents) which requires that your padded mailer be at least 3/4 inch thick at its thickest point.

Other than that, i think it works well, though it is a fairly large label, works better on a 6x9 mailer than the smaller ones.

I think you can export your paypal info to a CSV to use in a mail merge to print regular labels and just use stamps.

In both cases you need a good scale for determining proper weight.

Using the paypal shipping label makes life sooo much easier,,

also you know when a coin arrives...

Let me give you an example:

I received an email from someone who said they didnt recaive a coin shipment from me.

I checked out the shipment using the check shipment feature .. and saw it had been delivered..

I emailed him and he checked with his kids and lo and behold under some old mail.. there it was...

If I hadnt had that feature, I would have ended up sending him a whole new set..

Just my 2 cents

Cache On !!

Ranger216

What is the fee for Delivery Confirmation?

Delivery Confirmation service is FREE for Priority Mail® printed online. The Delivery Confirmation fee for Media Mail®, Parcel Post®, and First Class Mail® Parcel service is $0.14 USD.

Found this on Paypal. You have to select Media Mail not Priority?

You use 1st class.,,

a coin usually weighs about 1.5 oz

that will cost you .77 to send that way

What is the fee for Delivery Confirmation?

Delivery Confirmation service is FREE for Priority Mail® printed online. The Delivery Confirmation fee for Media Mail®, Parcel Post®, and First Class Mail® Parcel service is $0.14 USD.

Found this on Paypal. You have to select Media Mail not Priority?

Dont use Media Mail for coins. The USPS doesnt like when people use the wrong service. You could face a fine for doing so.

Personally, I like Delivery Confirmation. Others dont think it is worth the 14 cents but for me, it is nice to have piece of mind.

Additionally, most coin shipments can be dropped in a box this way, no need to go to the post office which is really nice. In general, I found the 14 cent delivery confirm was well worth it. It protected me much more cheaply than had I done it at the post office.

Also, don't use it for foreign shipments. At least for me, it ended up being a lot more expensive that way!

Additionally, most coin shipments can be dropped in a box this way, no need to go to the post office which is really nice. In general, I found the 14 cent delivery confirm was well worth it. It protected me much more cheaply than had I done it at the post office.

Also, don't use it for foreign shipments. At least for me, it ended up being a lot more expensive that way!

Foreign shipments I always use Global priority Mail.. 5.25

I never did this with delivery confirmation before but think I will with my next batch of coins

I have gotten all the invoices out for my coin (used paypal). I see they have a print shipping label function. This looks real nice and easy but do they charge for the service? If so how much and do other peopl have another method to shipping, after using paypal for invoicing?

They charge less than the post office because you get free del. conf. when you ship internationally its best to do it at the post office.

I never did this with delivery confirmation before but think I will with my next batch of coins

Unfortunately, they do not offer tracking on Global Priority. I tried several times. Glen

Unfortunately, they do not offer tracking on Global Priority. I tried several times. Glen

It really depends on the Post in the other countries. They 'can' scan them. Of all the ones we have, I think three have been scanned.

I guess at the $5 rate, they dont feel the need to spend the extra time to scan them.

I posted a answer to this question in length in this thread, Glenn

Shipping Thread

Content::

If you are taking payments through paypal, you can ship through paypal USPS service 4 OZ rate (cover any varience in wieght also dependant of QTY of coins ordered ) IE:: 4oz $1.11 + .14 for D/C $ 1.24 total also its click and ship easy !! Insurance could be made optional to buyer at own risk if not taken as option. Its $1.35 up to $50.00 insured. If you want to make it mandatory total cost would be $2.46 not including shipping materials 4 OZ postal, and all are covered.. domestic mail.. Weight would varie cost, this is based on a 4oz postal weight

I have not lost one postal out of hundreds mailed so far. Print out a label on plane paper and tape to mailer just leave bar code with a bit exposed (clear packing tape) OR on adhesive label. At that point its all automated buyer & seller gets D/C info in their paypal account + email with tracking info, is a savings on D/C price, .14 cents verse .60 . And all is easy, Drop postal's in collection box at USPS at night handled the next morning.. Only international orders will require a trip to the P/O for customs form and different rate of mailing cost that you can make a standard international shipping rate to buyers.

It makes it easy for me as I can print it out and just drop in the mailbox. Of course if you have hundreds I don't think your mailman would like you to do that! LOL

Don't forget the customer connect program. All you need to do is go to the website and set a pick up order. We get that each monring and it will tell us how many packages and such, where they are, and someone will pick them up that day. Don't even need to walk to the mailbox anymore!

It makes it easy for me as I can print it out and just drop in the mailbox. Of course if you have hundreds I don't think your mailman would like you to do that! LOL

Don't forget the customer connect program. All you need to do is go to the website and set a pick up order. We get that each monring and it will tell us how many packages and such, where they are, and someone will pick them up that day. Don't even need to walk to the mailbox anymore!

When going through the Paypal USPS service you can also request a direct carrier pick up at your door :huh: Don't have to leave the house as well,,, But its good to get out some :blink:

OK, I am confused. I had a chat with the post office I will use. VERY nice lady. She will calibrate my scale for me, and offer me the large mail bins to bring home. The chat was yesterday, and she told me that buying the postage online, I would get the delivery confirmation free.

Though I wont bicker about 14 cents.....Im just scratching my head now even more. By the time I get my coins I will be bald.

OK, I am confused. I had a chat with the post office I will use. VERY nice lady. She will calibrate my scale for me, and offer me the large mail bins to bring home. The chat was yesterday, and she told me that buying the postage online, I would get the delivery confirmation free.

Though I wont bicker about 14 cents.....Im just scratching my head now even more. By the time I get my coins I will be bald.

The .14 is through paypal not USPS, I think. I have lost some hair over this as well. Didn't realize the cost to use paypal. So I am eating that. Well worth it though.

I haven't shipped coins before but in my business we ship 100-120 FedEx and UPS shipments each day and the .14 seems cheap compared to gettting the call and not being able to do anything.

By the time my coins get here in 2 weeks I hope to have this all figured out.

The .14 is through paypal not USPS, I think. I have lost some hair over this as well. Didn't realize the cost to use paypal. So I am eating that. Well worth it though.

I haven't shipped coins before but in my business we ship 100-120 FedEx and UPS shipments each day and the .14 seems cheap compared to gettting the call and not being able to do anything.

The one problem I've had with delivery confirmation through USPS or Paypal is that it never works. I've tried it 5 times, and have yet to be able to check and see if it was delivered. The message I get a month after mailing (and verifying via email it was received) was that the electronic information had been received, but have never gotten any other message. So if it is .34 cents or .14 cents or free, I don't think it is worth it.

Edited by MustangJoni

SUPER! So you will get your coins right before I do! LEt me know how it works out! Seriously, I am dreading the day I get them. YEARGH. If I could get my stuff togeather and figure out this postage deal before they arrive....WOW. THat would be most helpfull.

I can already see the logs for me....sent money 2 years ago, coins delivered 3 weeks later to person that minted them, where my dern coin! Sending a lynch mob to central California!

nutlady

You can get a Stamps.com account free for 30 days. Get your mailing done, then cancel before they charge you the monthly fee (which is $15, but you get $20 in postage and a postage scale)

You can then choose delivery confirmation, but I believe you pay the USPS price.

I like this, because I could not figure out how to process my trades (where no money changed hands) through paypal.

I was able to take my excel spread sheet and import it into Stamps.com. Then I just used my scale and was able to print address labels & postage.

I didn't quit after the 30 days, because I do the mailing for TXGA and it is just worth it not to spend hours at the post office. And since I don't have access to that paypal account, I couldn't print from there anyway.

I like this, because I could not figure out how to process my trades (where no money changed hands) through paypal.

If you send any invoice through paypal even for a penny, then you can use their print shipping label function. And so I've been told you aren't charged that 30 cent fee because its only a penny....

After you did one with paypal you will see how easy it is. Delivery Confirmation is already included. No waiting at the post office to calculate postage. Here is what I did when I printed my packing slips, and I didn't use a postal scale. 1 coin with packing material = 2 ounces or .77 cents shipping. Add .24 cents shipping for each additional coin mailed.

1 coin = .77

2 coins = 1.01

3 coins = 1.25

4 coins = 1.49

and so on......

I did mine this way and I didn't have anything returned for postage due.

Why do it thru paypal?

1. delivery confirmation included at only .14 cents

2. customer receives notice that the coins are being shipped.

3. Saves alot of time at the post office...just drop everything off.

4. self protection if someone claims not to have received the item

you now have a valid tracking number. If someone files a dispute

with paypal that they never received an item they paid for, you have

to produce a tracking number or refund the money. That is the only

proof that paypal will accept. You don't have a tracking number?

Then you need to send another coin out or refund the buyer.

But most people are honest arent they? :blink:

I won't spend the time sending everyone tracking numbers for the package, however you have them if you need them.

I usually print out the packing slips a day or two before I know the coins are arriving. That way you can have all the envelopes ready to go when you get the coins. Just stuff em' and drop em' off at the Post office.

Note, the 14 cents is the USPS Electronic delivery confirmation. It is available through various sources, including stamps.com, paypal, and probably others, it is NOT paypals delivery confirmation, or their own special rate.

It is slightly different from delivery confirmation you get at the USPS counter because it did not involve a postal employee putting on a sticker.

If they delivery is not being confirmed, then I would bring that up with the post office. You paid for it, you should received the service.

I have heard of others that had to pay postage due when the package wasn't the required 3/4" thick for 1st class delivery confirmation (Priority mail has no such requirement)

She may have been referring to purchasing postage from USPS online site, which does NOT allow you to purchase 1st class postage for small packages, but does allow Priority Mail, and that does include FREE electronic delivery confirmation when purchased online (it is FREE when you ship PayPal as well)

Also, according the USPS site, you can only request the pickups when you have at least one Priority Mail package with your bundle. Though they should pick up a small amount of coins you put in your mailbox for delivery. I just drop mine off in their mailbox at the postoffice (its is on my way to work)

I did go to the post office about the delivery confirmation after the second one, and they assured me that it would not happen again. Guess what? It did! LOL - So I'm done wasting money on it.

I'm sticking with Stamps.com - I don't think it is a good solution for everyone, because it does charge a monthly fee and paypal doesn't. But because I mail alot, and don't have access to the paypal account I'm mailing for, it is the only solution for me.