60cx Belt Clip Stud

tennvol

Since I don't use the beltclip (I put it in a pocket or pack) I have no need for the stud that screws into the back of the unit. Is there some way to cover the hole so it stays water resistant? All of the other interface points have rubber covers except for the beltclip stud. The stud sticks out and doesn't allow the GPS to slide in a pocket.

keep in mind that the button is mandatory if you want to use any of garmin's vehicle mounts or their fairly cool carabiner clip - whatever you do don't fill it with something permanent.

The nut for this is molded in and I'm sure it does not compromise the watertightness.

Kinda' stealing the topic - but has anyone seen the 'biner clip or a off brand that is cheap?

The $15.00 and up seems like way too much.

Shoo goo. Works awesome.

Phask, I leave em in caches all the time <_< Army recruiters give them away as keychains...feign interest. Or, have a kid do it. Other than that, I've seen small one in walmart and other stores for $5 or so.

I meant the special Gamin 'biner...

Since I don't use the beltclip (I put it in a pocket or pack) I have no need for the stud that screws into the back of the unit. Is there some way to cover the hole so it stays water resistant? All of the other interface points have rubber covers except for the beltclip stud. The stud sticks out and doesn't allow the GPS to slide in a pocket.

There is no gasketing on the clip button, so obviously it has nothing to do with the unit's watertightness.

My belt clip accidentally fell off while I was in a shuttle bus!! lucky the GPSr didn't fall over. I went back and try looking for the belt clip and found that it was smashed into pieces...I don't want to buy a replaceable one cuz it costs like $15 dollar for it! kinna not worth it...so now I got the Gilsson case and it has one, not sure if this will be the same as the belt clip?

My belt clip accidentally fell off while I was in a shuttle bus!! lucky the GPSr didn't fall over. I went back and try looking for the belt clip and found that it was smashed into pieces...I don't want to buy a replaceable one cuz it costs like $15 dollar for it! kinna not worth it...so now I got the Gilsson case and it has one, not sure if this will be the same as the belt clip?

If you're talking about the actual belt clip, not the button, you can (maybe) get one for a buck. Go to a Verizon phone store, and ask for a case for an LG VX6000 phone. If they have any in stock, they should only cost $1, since they're discontinued. The belt clip is interchangeable with the one that comes with the 60.

If you're talking about the actual belt clip, not the button, you can (maybe) get one for a buck. Go to a Verizon phone store, and ask for a case for an LG VX6000 phone. If they have any in stock, they should only cost $1, since they're discontinued. The belt clip is interchangeable with the one that comes with the 60.

Thanks for the information! I still have the button, its just the belt clip onto the botton that got lost. The one that clip onto my pants...that is the one that got destroyed. So I still can get the LG VX6000 right? Do they have it online? Going over to check it out at ebay :P

I went to check it out online, and here is what I found

LG VX6000 Accessories

Nothing on belt clip??

None of that looks like original LG equipment.

You'll only get the LG case (and belt clip) for $1 at an actual Verizon store. They're trying to clear out their store's inventories.

But I am in Canada, do they even have a Verizon store in Canada? lol I don't know...cuz I don't have Verizon cell, plus how do we find location if they have one? I went to Verizon.com and try to find a store locator, but can't find a thing.

This is the belt clip I am talking about, the one that got destroyed:

garbeltholder.jpg

p.s. thanks for your help Prime Suspect!

I just wish I could BUY another belt clip like the one it came with. I still have one, but that's attached to a shoulder day-pack thing that's basically my geocaching/survival kit. I would really like to have another one so I could just have the GPS with me regardless at pretty much all times, and not need to lug the pack around.

The only extra clip I've been able to find is one attached to a 'biner, and a neck-strap type thing... both of which are way too loose and dangly for regular walking around (the 'biner clip had it dangle like... 3 inches down off it. I even tried modifying it so it was basically attached to the 'biner, but still not too my likings). And yeah, any place that sells GPS equipment doesn't carry the actual belt clip it comes with (or those studs themselves. Lost one, and had to buy the neck lanyard purely for the stud thing it came with :)).

I should email Garmin and see if I can order a new belt clip. Seriously... those things should be more accessable. But at least I modified that caribiner-clip (at least the plastic part of it) onto my camera case, so now I can clip my camera (case... but that holds the camera) onto my day-pack too. Yay for using less pockets!

Before spending $12 or $15 bucks, check out discount/dollar stores for universal cell phone cases.

I got one of the first eTrex Vistas that came out, and there were no cases available for it at that time, so I found a cell phone case, which I used for a little while. And, yup, the clip fits the button on the 60CSx. It even looks like it came from the same manufacturer.

I replaced my broken Garmin Clip with one from walmart.. The problem is that it doesn't hold the GPS in as solidly and a bump at the wrong time can cause your GPS to get dislodged. This happened to me a couple of weeks ago while geocaching in the Chicago area. Of course it was dislodged at the worst time and fell about 20' into a river. The good news is that the Garmin 60Cs is truly waterproof. At least mine was and I was able to recover it, dry it off, and if worked.

:)

I have one of these stuck to my dash.

t_16155.jpg

It works for the 60csx. Maybe their ultraclip would work.

Thanks for all your input guys! I wrote to Garmin and told them my story...and you know what they wrote back??? lol

Holy smokie, I have to pay them $170USD to fix my belt clip lol hahahaah obviously there was a misunderstanding on their part

Assuming that my 60CSX unit is destroyed, they would actually fix it for $175 USD...that is still a good deal don't you think? but when they offer to fix this, are they assuming that I have it under warranty? if my warranty is over, would they still fix it for $170USD??? just curious

Their message:

"Thank you for contacting Garmin International

I would be happy to help you with this inquiry. I could fix the unit for

the flat repair fee of 175.00 US dollars. It is unfortunate that the unit

fell from the clip. Please let me know if you would like to setup this

repair."

Heh, try again and just tell them you lost the clip.

Thanks for all your input guys! I wrote to Garmin and told them my story...and you know what they wrote back??? lol

Holy smokie, I have to pay them $170USD to fix my belt clip lol hahahaah obviously there was a misunderstanding on their part

Assuming that my 60CSX unit is destroyed, they would actually fix it for $175 USD...that is still a good deal don't you think? but when they offer to fix this, are they assuming that I have it under warranty? if my warranty is over, would they still fix it for $170USD??? just curious

Their message:

"Thank you for contacting Garmin International

I would be happy to help you with this inquiry. I could fix the unit for

the flat repair fee of 175.00 US dollars. It is unfortunate that the unit

fell from the clip. Please let me know if you would like to setup this

repair."

I did wrote back, they will send me a free belt clip...but I was wondering, they offer to fix the GPS for $170USD, does it take into account that my warranty is still in affect or it doesnt matter at all? will they fix the GPS if the warranty is over? They offer me the service for $170USD because they thought my GPSr unit is destroyed and run over by the car. That is a really good thing to know, if they actually repair it for $170 for a total destroyed unit

I did wrote back, they will send me a free belt clip...but I was wondering, they offer to fix the GPS for $170USD, does it take into account that my warranty is still in affect or it doesnt matter at all? will they fix the GPS if the warranty is over? They offer me the service for $170USD because they thought my GPSr unit is destroyed and run over by the car. That is a really good thing to know, if they actually repair it for $170 for a total destroyed unit

That's the out-of-warranty price. Had you destroyed your GPS in the manner that you destroyed the clip, it would not be covered by the warranty. ("All Garmin products are warranted to be free from defects in materials or workmanship for one year from the date of purchase. Within this period, Garmin International, Inc. will, at its sole option, repair or replace any components which fail in normal use. Such repairs or replacement will be made at no charge to the customer for parts or labor, provided that the customer shall be responsible for any transportation cost. This warranty does not cover failures due to abuse, misuse, accident or unauthorized alterations or repairs.")

Regardless of what's wrong with it, that's the repair price. The unit will be brought up to current specs, and will be in like-new condition.

Though if you have a 60Cx, the price should be $160, not $170, according to their website.