Presenting The Photocopy Geocoin

Jake - Team A.I.

Fly By Night Coins has done it again!

We are pleased to announce "The Photocopy Coin".

photocopycoin.jpg

This coin will be produced in 15 different metals. Our craftsmen have worked hard to make each finish virtually impossible to distinguish it from other finishes. The only difference you will find will be the amount we charge!

The coin is an image of your standard office photocopier. On the back, there is text depicting the name of the coin and the following text:

"KEEPING REAL GEOCOINS OUT OF ACTUAL GEOCACHES AND DISAPPOINTING GEOCACHERS ONE PHOTOCOPY AT A TIME. ©"

This coin will also include a tracking number. The policy for these tracking numbers are:

"This tracking number is non-transferable. VOID IF COPIED."

We are presently working hard with Groundspeak to get this coin trackable on their site, but in the event our negotiations fail, it will be trackable by Carrier Pidgeon.

Pricing of the coins hasn't been settled yet. Just be prepared to mortgage your house, because we plan to gouge you worse than OPEC!

As with our previous release, we have the following disclaimer:

Valid only in the states of Arizona, Montana, Confusion, Intoxication, Declining Mental Health and Altered Conscienceness. Possession of this coin in the state of Florida is Illegal. We don't know why, it just sounded good to our lawyers.

Edited by Jake - Team A.I.

Can you make it just 14 metals and have the 15th be a PDF I can get by e-mail and print out at home? Then I won't have to pay for shipping. :)

Great idea. Just email it to us. Saves everyone a bunch of time. We can print them and wrap them in saran wrap. Plastic wrap is waterproof, right? ;)

Where's my outrageous profit margin in this concept? Carrier Pidgeons aren't cheap!

Since we're already employing the Carrier Pidgeons for the tracking, we'll probably contract them for the original delivery as well. The problem is the Carrier Pidgeon Union. But they're the only ones who have an alternative to the geocaching.com tracking. They'll give you an icon to add, but it will be applied to your windshield, not your trackables listing.

Edited by Jake - Team A.I.

So essentially you are criticizing those cachers who choose to keep their coins in their collection but send out photocopies? Really don't see this as funny but rather a jab at some people.

Sending out photocopies, isn't that virtual logging? :ph34r:

Groundspeak doesn't seem to think so, they keep allowing it :o

I think photocoping a coin is a good Idea. there are to many geocoin theives out there. I have releast 3 coins and with in a week 2 of them gone missing. I think you should make a coin bashing the theives how steal the coin. If it was not for them then we could place the real thing and not have it go missing.

something along that concept has already been done.

109943443_7e0f9d58cf_m.jpg

I guess I believe that if you're going to go to the trouble to send out a fake coin, at least do it with some style

First, get an Airtite. (the 38's seem to work great)

Next go to Home Depot and pick up some washers, they're way cheaper than a coin.

fakecoin2.jpg

Then take a picture of your favorite coin.... and carefully cut it out to size.

Before you know it, you have something that looks like this:

fakecoin1.jpg

Anyone know what a fake Moun10Bike v1 goes for on Ebay?

I think photocoping a coin is a good Idea. there are to many geocoin theives out there. I have releast 3 coins and with in a week 2 of them gone missing. I think you should make a coin bashing the theives how steal the coin. If it was not for them then we could place the real thing and not have it go missing.

something along that concept has already been done.

109943443_7e0f9d58cf_m.jpg

I guess I believe that if you're going to go to the trouble to send out a fake coin, at least do it with some style

First, get an Airtite. (the 38's seem to work great)

Next go to Home Depot and pick up some washers, they're way cheaper than a coin.

fakecoin2.jpg

Then take a picture of your favorite coin.... and carefully cut it out to size.

Before you know it, you have something that looks like this:

fakecoin1.jpg

Anyone know what a fake Moun10Bike v1 goes for on Ebay?

OMG! That's the funniest thing I have ever seen! Another idea would be for Groundspeak to make the coins 'members only' so you can see who is viewing your coin page. :blink:

OMG! That's the funniest thing I have ever seen! Another idea would be for Groundspeak to make the coins 'members only' so you can see who is viewing your coin page. :(

LOL, maybe they could be Member only loggable too... that way even if/when they do move, you probably won't know it :(