How many 5/5 caches have you found?

Just one - the terrain was overrated and the difficulty should have been 1 because it was in plain sight after getting through what I would call 4* terrain. I contacted the owner and he changed it later on to a 4/4. Many just don't understnad the difficulty scale or refuse to use the Clayjar tool.

not yet, I've got some 3/3s but the higest terrain I've gotten is 3.5 I do have a few 4 difficulty and one 5/3

I plan to place a 5/5 this winter, and believe me, it'll be properly rated!

The only terrain 5s around here are basicially 5's because of a boat required and since I don't have a hitch to take the boat there I haven't gotten them. My plan is to make a 5 where it's not just a 5 because of special equipment required.

not yet, I've got some 3/3s but the higest terrain I've gotten is 3.5 I do have a few 4 difficulty and one 5/3

The only terrain 5s around here are basicially 5's because of a boat required and since I don't have a hitch to take the boat there I haven't gotten them. My plan is to make a 5 where it's not just a 5 because of special equipment required.

And what will you do to get the 5 on difficulty??

And what will you do to get the 5 on difficulty??

How about a 40 mile R/T hike-to cache?

I've done two mystery caches rated at 5/5. The one was definitely 5* for difficulty, and, I suppose that a ten-mile walk through New York City might qualify as a 5* terain. But we drove to most of the waypoints. We would have given up on it early, if it weren't on my caching partners 10-mile list. Did a 1/5 Virtual that was definitely 5* terrain! Don't have a kayak, so I can't do any of the boating caches around. :laughing: Anyone want to loan me a kayak? There's a great 4/5 cache on an island in the East River near Ryker's Island. No. Thanks. I'll avoid that one!

Two Multis, Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is 5/5 where we hiked in to Moose Lake on a Saturday afternoon, set up camp then dove in the lake for the location for the final. Hiked back out Sunday morning.

The other was Oregon Walkabout which involved 4-5 miles of walking on sand dunes. The final was the 4th in the series.

I recently failed on the hunt for Rock House Cave. I do have to get back there sometime this year with a better bicycle and more water. I came out of there severely dehydrated 6 hours after I started in. :laughing:

I have several more 5/5 to do in the "Counting Counties in Oregon" challenge (GCR9XY). I don't know if I can beat PMOGUY but I'm still trying. Check our bookmark lists. :laughing:

Playfair's Extreme Geocacher Test is rated as a 4/4, but many finders question that rating. The cache was placed in February of 2003 and has only been found 27 times since then, and most of those logged at least one DNF before scoring the cache. It misses being a 5 terrain only because there is one, and only one, approach that does not require climbing equipment, and that route is well hidden, requiring some spelunking to balance out the climbing. Edited by CheshireFrog