Not Getting Mail from Groundspeak

Katydid & Miles Stone

This may once again be an AOL/Groundspeak problem. Is anyone else having problems getting emails?

Fixed.

Get a gmail or other similar account. Why continue to put up with AOL's incompetence?

I just tried the gmail thing but it seems you must be "invited" or have text messaging on you cell. Bummer

This may once again be an AOL/Groundspeak problem. Is anyone else having problems getting emails?

Fixed.

Get a gmail or other similar account. Why continue to put up with AOL's incompetence?

I just tried the gmail thing but it seems you must be "invited" or have text messaging on you cell. Bummer

Send me a PM or e-mail with your current e-mail address, I'll send you an invite.

It is definitely not just an AOL thing. We use hotmail and have not received notifications of any kind since 8/8 including watchlist notifications and find notifications on our caches. All mail send to us via GC.com takes at least a day to get to us if it ever does at all.

This needs to be fixed. We have no filters set, our secruity level is on its lowest setting, and the messages are not going in our junk mail!

Groundspeak... please help!

SerenityNow

Fixed.

Send me a PM or e-mail with your current e-mail address, I'll send you an invite.

PM sent.

Thanks! :(

I'm getting mail. Must be an AOL thing.

It must be an AOL thing, because I am getting my E-mail, find logs, and PQ's fine, but my wife is not getting hers. I have SBCglobal.net and she has AOL. I ordered her find PQ, that tells me all the caches that she has logged, so I can up-load it to GSAK. That was on Aug 4th, we have yet to receive it. We also went to an Event that we dropped all our Geocoins into. on 8/9, I went to claim them all back, and she has received maybe 8 of those E-mail saying she grabbed them. Yes, I used her account. She has something like 60 plus Geocoins. (We are willing to share our Geocoins, if you are willing to share yours for discovery and new icons.) E-mail me thru GC and I will send you a link.

Thanks,

Maxwell Q

I have about 100 gmail invites that I can hand out too. Gmail is sooooooooo much better then the yahoo/hotmail/aol mail accounts.

Hi there, I'm having the same issue with AOL - would really appreciate an invite - thanks much! JamGuys (harpyja65@aol.com)

This is what AOL recommended:

There are several possible causes for this, so I have provided a number of solutions. After trying each solution, check to see if it resolved your issue. If it did not, please try the next solution listed. I recommend you save or print a copy of this e-mail for future reference.

A. CHECK THE MAIL CONTROLS

Please verify that the Mail Controls is not blocking the sender's screen name, e-mail address or domain.

NOTE: You need to be signed on to a Master Screen Name or a Screen Name on a General Access category to adjust the Mail Controls. A Master Screen Name is the first screen name you created for this account and any screen name you have assigned Master Screen Name status at AOL Keyword: Names.

1. Go to AOL Keyword: Mail and Spam Controls.

NOTE: For AOL 8.0 or lower, click MAIL on the AOL toolbar then select MAIL CONTROLS.

2. In the Select the Screen Name drop-down menu, select the Screen Name whose Mail Controls you wish to adjust. For Screen Names on a General Access category, you can only adjust the Mail Controls for the Screen Name itself.

3. Click the EDIT link on the SENDER FILTER section. Click 'Use a Custom Sender List' link.

4. Select for the Screen Name, e-mail address, or domain that you would like to unblock on the list of e-mail addresses you have blocked, then click REMOVE.

5. Click SAVE.

6. Click SAVE on the Mail and Spam Controls window.

NOTE: Ask the sender to send another e-mail. If it doesn't show up in your mailbox, check your Spam Folder. If it's there, you may need to adjust your Spam Controls.

B. CHECK THE SPAM FOLDER

Check your Spam Folder to ensure your spam filters have not caught any mail incorrectly.

1. Go to AOL Keyword: Spam Folder.

2. If you see any e-mail that came from the sender, select it, then click THIS IS NOT SPAM. AOL will now look for similar mail and make sure to place them in your inbox.

C. CLEAR SPAM FILTER

Your individualized AOL Advanced Spam Filter removes Spam based on how you use e-mail. We can reset it to the default.

1. Go to AOL Keyword: Mail and Spam Controls.

2. Click the EDIT link on the SENDER FILTER section. Under "Blocked Mail Should Be", select 'Delivered to the Spam Folder'. In this way, you will be able to locate e-mail that has been blocked by checking your Spam Folder.

3. Then click the AOL'S ADVANCED SPAM FILTERS link.

4. On the window that appears, click CLEAR FILTER.

5. Then click SAVE.

NOTE: The sender may not be including hyperlinks or pictures, however, the sender's ISP may be automatically adding them. It's not uncommon for companies to append logos, links to their Web site, or other identifiers on outgoing e-mail

D. ADD THE SENDER ON THE ADDRESS BOOK

To bypass your Mail and Spam Controls and possible blocks from AOL's Spam Filters, add the e-mail address to your AOL Address Book. Mail from senders in your Address Book will be delivered to you regardless of the blocks you've set.

1. Go to AOL Keyword: Address Book.

2. Click ADD.

3. Type the information under the Contact, Home, Work, or Details tabs, and when you have finished, click SAVE.

NOTE: If the person you're adding is an Internet User, please make sure that you enter his/her e-mail address in the OTHER E-MAIL box, then click the radio button to select it as the PRIMARY E-MAIL address.

E. ADVISE THE SENDER TO REPORT THIS TO THEIR POSTMASTER

AOL may have received large amounts of junk e-mail from someone using this domain name. Please ask the sender of e-mail to ask their system administrator or Internet Service Provider to call the AOL Postmaster Hotline at 1-888-212-5537.

The Postmaster Team, which is available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, can work with the ISP to quickly resolve the issue. Additional information is available at the AOL Postmaster Web Site: http://postmaster.info.aol.com/

Thank you for contacting America Online. If you need further assistance, please return to AOL Keyword: Live Help and we will be more than happy to assist you.

I think it may be time to look for that free E Mail account. Here is more of what they said:

Hello! My name is XXXXXX from AOL Live Help. I enjoyed assisting you. Here are some information on how to resolve your concern.

Every AOL member is important to us so I opted to send you this e-mail. I thought you might need the following information to resolve the issue about delayed e-mail

I recommend you save or print a copy of this e-mail for future reference.

AOL processes more mail than any other single site in the world. Mail delivery from Member to Member is nearly instantaneous, and mail transmitted over the Internet is rarely delayed more than 10-15 minutes. When Internet mail is delayed for longer periods of time, it may be for reasons beyond the control of AOL.

1. Some mail sites only connect to the Internet periodically, storing mail to be sent and received until a connection is made.

2. Some mail sites have limited "bandwidth" and may take time to transmit mail, especially if there are many messages to send.

3. Large systems like AOL's have complex Internet connections, but if a small mail server cannot communicate with our servers properly, mail may be rejected.

4. Some mail sites are incorrectly configured and have difficulty transmitting mail on the first try. Delays result as mail is retried over many hours (or even days) before error messages are returned.

5. Some Internet data lines experience delays, disruptions, and other technical problems which cause some sites to be unreachable for periods of time. In addition, it is nearly impossible for mail to "disappear" from our queues without some traceable error message within our systems. Unfortunately, other sites do not always generate error messages or transmit them to us properly.

If you are experiencing regular and repeated errors with one or more Internet sites, please alert the administrators at that site and urge them to contact us immediately. AOL technicians work with Internet service providers to diagnose and repair problems that impede mail delivery. Reported problems are often fixed within minutes, but may go unfixed for days or weeks because they are not reported.

I have an account with CompuServe and I have been getting some of my PQs, but not all. It seems like they come through fine for several days, and then miss some. I have checked my settings, and all is proper. I even added the email address to my address book, as some have suggested in the past. On the 11th I received 2 PQs. One of them was from the 10th but came thru dated the 11th. Since then, nothing. I am going to watch this today and see what I get. These are all PQs that run each week (one per day). If I build a new one or request my finds, they seem to come thru within a few minutes.

Ernie

I think it may be time to look for that free E Mail account. Here is more of what they said:

I noticed that in much of what AOL suggests, it's not THEIR fault that they are blocking the e-mails. Yet, when Elias and others have talked with their postmasters, they've indicated that it's AOL customers marking us as spam, and therefore they (AOL) block GC.com. Then it's up to GC.com to prove otherwise.

If anyone needs a gmail invite, hit my website and e-mail me.

Edited by Markwell

After the last round of failures, I setup a Gmail account to auto-forward to my AOL and have been getting them without fail, including all day today.

After setting up a gmail account the other day I have been recieving my PQ's and notifications again. They were not coming through with AOL.

And just now I recieved 35 G.C. mails all at once from AOL. They are all old of course, and not so "instant" notifications and PQ's.

Edited by Warriorrider
I'm glad I'm not the only one having this problem. Here is a stupid question from a not so computer savy person- what is gmail? If it's worth having, may I have an invite too?

Gmail is Google's free web-based mail service. It's got gobs of storage so you should never have to delete any mail. Great for pack-rats, but it's also easy to use for everyone.

The invites have to be sent to an existing email address so if you drop me an email then I'll send you an invite.