Strange Cito Finds

I was out hiding a cache this afternoon (a paddle to cache in a kayak) On my way back, I pick up floating trash wherever I see it. I actually tow a 5 gallon bucket in an inner tube behind my 'yak (kinda like a "trash trailer". Anyway, after picking up an assortment of soda bottles, beer cans, etc. I come across a bobber in the middle of the lake. I figure I'll pick it up & give it to some kids that were fishing on shore. Well, I pick up the bobber, & there's fishing line attached to it. At the end of the line was a Largemouth Bass! I removed the hook from his mouth, filled his gills & off he swam! To me, it was the coolest thing!

Anyone out there care to share a similar story?

:laughing: While looking for The Red Headed Step Child (on the barren hilside above Klamath Falls) I found a long tubular steel container (think holiday booze) It has a little switch on the bottom. There is a LED in the bottom. I hung it from a broken tree near home. It is now my newest cache called: Is The Light ON? (GCXENQ) This is the first time I've used a CITO object to build a cache.

Tom Fuller Crescent, Oregon

We have a cacher in Oklahoma City that transforms some of his CITO into caches.

Trash to Kache #1

Trash to Kache #2

Trash to Kache #3

The CITO find for me a few days ago was not strange but the circumstances behind it were.

Kiddle Whee - Micro

Saturday, August 05, 2006

spearfox posted a note for Kiddle Whee - Micro (Traditional Cache)

The Matrix has you

spearfox posted a note for Kiddle Whee - Micro (Traditional Cache)

Follow the white rabbit

Darkmoon found Kiddle Whee - Micro (Traditional Cache)

Okay, for all of you out there who think I make up these logs, let me tell you, it is not true. I may embellish a little but the adventures are real. Case in point on this cache ( and it of course is a Okie Rose Rocks cache so please do not hold me responsible)! Spearfox had already done this one as he was FTF a while back so he was just hanging out with me as I go to find this one. No problem as there is nobody around or in the park, a very well manicured park I might add, so we were talking as the GPS led me to the location.

Get to the place and as I make my way to the cache and was signing it, I hear Spearfox say, look a phone. Thinking it was another conspiracy theory, I finish signing the sheet and putting it back when I see him with a cell phone in his hand. He wasn't joking. He looks at and says should we check the one new message. At that time the phone rings. We look at each other and he says shaking his head that it wasn't him and should he answer it. Of course I said so he does. It appears to be the owner and he is looking for his phone. As Spearfox is telling him where we found it and what we are doing we work it out to meet him somewhere to give it back. I am getting that all too familiar feeling that something weird is happening. I know I didn't take the blue pill and my name isn't nemo.

So we meet this guy at a nearby gas station and he is grateful for us finding the phone and he doesn't know how it got there. But the weird thing was the white rabbit sticker on his back window of his pick up truck and the his licensce tag said Matrix on it. Is that unbelievable or what! Thanks for the cache and the hunt and the truely bizarre adventure today!

Darkmoon

This one we didn't CITO, just left it where it was...far off the trail.

¤!No Swimming!¤

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Darkmoon found ¤!No Swimming!¤ (Traditional Cache)

As me and Spearfox continued on our stroll of leisure thru the park looking for the bootylicious swag of caching delights, stopping momentarily to explain why we were taking pictures of the golf course with our high tech Garmin and Magellian cameras, chasing renegade and forgotten discs, humming pirate songs off the top of our heads, and other crazy antics, we came across the cache. There had been some moisture that got in the container but the logbook was dry and just some dry mud in the container. Does look like some animal has been trying to chew thru the lid but it is still intact. It was after signing the logbook and placing the cache where and how I found it was when it took a turn to the bizarre. As I slid the cache in it's shelter, I hear Spearfox tell me to look up and straight across. Knowing Spearfox, I figured he saw a deer or maybe a couple of muggles enjoying each other. As I peered into the woods listening and looking for the couple, it hit my eyes. Someone had taken the time to cable tie a wireless phone of the 900mhtz range and in olive drab color by a tree branch to hang down. The fun part was trying to figure if they had used it as a listening device or as a reciever to scare someone. Spearfox was coming up with all sorts of government coverups and such and was even trying to explain the purpose of the Diet Coke can we found underneath it but when the black unmarked helicopters started circling the area, we moved on. I can't go thru another set of government questions and interrigations, I lost a whole week of time last time and was dumped on the side of the road in my underwear by a run down cafe in the middle of nowhere Arizona! It won't happen again. No sir we bob will it happen again. Thanks for the cache and the hunt!

Darkmoon

I've also transformed some trash I'd found while out cache hunting into an actual cache. Mind you, it took me almost 11 months between finding the trash and turning it into a cache. It was a heavy plastic tobacco container that I washed out. Trash out. Cache in.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...af-f497cd3cc80c

http://img.geocaching.com/cache/435483ab-c...5f889c2fa85.jpg

this wasn't when i was caching but there is a cache near me called Koons - Kahuns - Khuns - Whatever(GCVJZZ), i had seen a Nintendo 64 and a FULL computer, CPU and all, all on the ground, not to mention a couple tires and a hell of a lot of trash from people who walk by this area (guilty to a degree)

Our local caching group has adopted a stretch of highway, and are picking up trash twice a year. GEOCKY highway pickup At the last pickup, I found a $20 bill. Strange only in that it was on the side of the road. Mostly fortuitous, as it paid for beer and nachos once we finished our pickup.

Our next highway CITO is this weekend. I'd hopeful to find something else of use, though mostly will be glad if we get enough cachers there to finish the job quickly.

Seems people will throw out just about anything. In September I was out doing some 4X4 stuff in San Antonio. While there I convinced them to let me look for GCT3TQ http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...2f-62506a5ba387. We came across a burned-out, abandoned suburban and a flipped over S-10 Pickup. There were so many other things, the usual tires, old tvs, vcrs, etc… Someone even threw out a drum for the musical types. A CITO here would take weeks to clean up.