Pocket Queries.

I've had none since the 19th and they've been running dodgy for quite a while.

There are loads of threads about this on the Website Forum

According to the linked thread above it MAY be AOL's fault and companies associated with them as they have been blocking all posts from Geocaching.com.

Has anybody fortunate enough to have an account with a different service provider had problems with their PQs? :unsure:

Certainly appears to be due to AOL, I've just set up an account with Hotmail, sumitted a PQ and received a reply pretty smartish. Still waiting for replies I earlier posted via AOL.

Guess who'll be moving servers when their contract is up?

Any suggestion to a good service provider for broadband (I'm not on cable etc)

I have not received emails from GC.com for days now, well that was until I changed my email address from AOL to googlemail.

I have sent postmaster@aol an email demanding my emails. I also sent a letter of complaint on Monday to their head office in the UK.

Here is the address to make a complaint -

Jackie O’Leary

Vice President of Members Services Office.

c/o AOL Member Services

PO Box 2401

Bristol

BS1 9WX

AOL users get those complaints sent in.

Edited by Haggis Hunter

I had AOL years ago, when the choices were AOL or Compuserve. I ended up having to format the drive to get rid of it (spam and spyware cleaners were a rare and expensive thing back then) because it was so invasive into other software products.

I tried it again last year to see if I could find out why AOL users were having problems accessing a club server and email system. Yet again, it was highly invasive and we found email systems being blocked by it etc... - mainly due to issues surrounding static IPs etc... Even some of the latest (at the time) spyware etc... removers and registry editors had problem locating all of it's (supposedly) removed components.

My advice- DON'T LOAD AOL onto any PC, you'll have to work hardto get rid of it and it'll invade everything (possibly stopping some of it working properly) on your PC.

As for blocking GC.com emails - that's theft of mail / breach of contract.

Guess there's always another side... apart from the odd glitch with emails, of which the current problem is one, and one or two tech queries which their tech support fixed very quickly, we have experienced few problems with AOL and have been with them pretty well since they started. It's loaded on to 4 PCs in this house and we have no intention of changing. We accept that there are people who have experieced major problems but how often has that been down to the user? We have helped friends and neighbours who were cursing AOL, yet the problem was of their own making!

My gc emails mysteriously started arriving last night, just after a thunderstorm - coincidence?

I have got through the period by using a hotmail account as an alternative e-mai route, but with no auto-forward it is a real pain

I have made my feelings known with the AOL live help and warned them that as I will be moving house in 2 months my continued subscription is not guaranteed.

I felt better after that - but I will use the AOL address above to further vent my spleen!

Certainly if this happens again I will be going elsewhere

The only advantage AOL has had in the past is ease of use, reliability and competitive price

Most ISPs are straightforward these days (and I can use OUTLOOK as my e-mail application rather han AOL's), reliability has just gone down the tubes and they certainly aren't price competitive

Sounds like I am talking myself into a change!

Woke up this morning and there were most of my PQs, just a pity it had to happen in the first place and even more of a pity that I had already deleted my 24 or so regular PQs, oh well, that's the next hour accounted for I suppose....sigh.

Can anybody explain how I get the PQs to download into GSAK automatically, please?(simple step-by-step guide appreciated). Ta

Woke up this morning and there were most of my PQs, just a pity it had to happen in the first place and even more of a pity that I had already deleted my 24 or so regular PQs, oh well, that's the next hour accounted for I suppose....sigh.

Can anybody explain how I get the PQs to download into GSAK automatically, please?(simple step-by-step guide appreciated). Ta

Step 1) Buy Dave a pint of cold Guinness bbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :D

Step 2) Sorted. B)

Sorry to mention this but I told you so....AOL that is!

I'll sort it out for you later if you can wait.

In the mean time take Pharisee up on his kind offer of a googlemail invite.

You will find it works a treat.

Cheers

Dave

Edited by The Mars Bars

I have not received emails from GC.com for days now, well that was until I changed my email address from AOL to googlemail.

I have sent postmaster@aol an email demanding my emails. I also sent a letter of complaint on Monday to their head office in the UK.

Here is the address to make a complaint -

Jackie O’Leary

Vice President of Members Services Office.

c/o AOL Member Services

PO Box 2401

Bristol

BS1 9WX

AOL users get those complaints sent in.

I just got a call from one of the managers at AOL. He couldn't see my point of view. The converstion started to get heated, and when I said that I didn't care about others complaints and that I wanted my mail from Groundspeak delivered, he gave me a one worded answer.....

'NO'

Bloody cheeky sod, he was lucky he was at the other end of the phone, which I cut off fairly soon after. <_<:unsure:;)