Fathers Day Gift

Little Miss Muffet

My husband came home from work last week talking about these 'caches' he & his work buddies were searching for on a lunch break. This is a new concept for our household, but he was talking about finding a micro in an Altoids box, with a magnet in a shopping center. It was hid in plain sight. He was very excited about this new game. 2 of his work friends have GPS units.

My husband is quite the techie, normally I tune out of his 'computer' talk, but for some strange reason this time I kept listening. I learned there are websites that tell you where all these goodies are hidden.

So, while my 2 small girls napped, I surfed the internet.

What a mistake....I'm hooked and I haven't even started yet!!

Hubby is getting a Lowrance H20 for Fathers Day. I have it hidden. I'm considering making it a game for him to find it. But really..... It's taking EVERYTHING I have not to rip open that package and head to the trails. Seriously! I've figured out the coordinates (online mapping) for a few of my favorite places. I'm already thinking of places to hide caches, already ordered some travel bugs, already thinking of trinkets to place in them, already figuring out where the local caches might be so I can run to them on Fathers Day morning.

I don't know if I'll be able to wait 7 more days!

Is there a 12 step recovery program?

:anicute: The best 12-step recovery program is to keep taking 12 steps after another after another after another on a great hike to a beautiful location. :blink:

Oh . . . and should you start to cache "paperless," learn to read the cache page before setting out on a hunt. Even after last night's adventure, under this beautiful full moon,

9e375a17-d211-46cc-bbe6-5d410efa81a8.jpg

I'm still not sure I have learned that lesson . . . icon_smile_blush.gif

Sounds like you should have bought a "His & Hers" pair of GPSr's :drama:

Hold off on buying the second one. Get him an upgrade for Christmas and keep the 'old' one for yourself.

[/quote

I agree! Buy him a Garmin and snatch that H2O back for yourself. You might have to buy a color screen unit to be sure he thinks he is getting a better unit. Whatever you do though, don't trade back after you get posession of the H2O.

Welcome...........Just wait until you find a geocoin......When we first started I told my wife that this would be cheap fun after getting a GPSr all we needed was gas money. Ok so I was a little off on the cheap part with all the swag, geocoins, TB, ammo cans, FTF prizes. Ahhh what the heck its all worth it.........what was the question again?

As many have said before... Welcome to the addiction. I took my mother-in-law out to drop off some TB's at a local hotel. Ever since then, this is all she's talked about. I'm getting her a GPSr and some TB's for her birthday.

I'll have to second the part about this being cheap. I've already bought 3 GPSr's. One Good one, one cheap one for backup and a previous good (and expensive one) that the dog decided to munch on. For some reason I can only get an accuracy of 730 meters now :huh:

With the TBs, ammo cans, gas, hats, buzz-off clothing, hiking boots, saddle bags for the dogs, dad-gear clothing, swag, etc... etc... etc... I really have to laugh. I originally told my wife it was a really cheap hobby... she's starting to see through my ruse B)

I haven't even told her about the GeoCoin I'm planning on having made :unsure:

Amazing! I read an article on geocaching a few weeks ago - can't remember where. I too went surfing during my children's nap. My husband's GPS will arrive today. After reading these posts, I have decided to hide it in the backyard and make him find it on Sunday. I hope he finds this as interesting as I do. (I must admit, I thought this would be inexpensive family entertainment. Maybe?)

I saw geocaching used in an episode of one of the "Law and Order" shows. I did a search and found Geocaching.com. I wanted a GPS but my husband said that it was just a fad and I would get bored by it just like all the other hobbies I try. He would have no part in getting me a GPS for my birthday last year. My two boys chipped in and bought me a GPS. Last summer my husband and I found over 100 caches. For his birthday his nieces and nephews got him his own GPS. He now goes caching on his own while I am working on weekends. He loves getting out and exploring places.

Hopefully your husbands will like the hobby as much as mine does!

Donna of The Haddads Pit Crew

I had a prob. too with my girlfriend. I heard about geocacheing a long time ago. Well, when I wanted to buy a gpsr, SHE"S LIKE. THat thing is so dumb what would you ever do with that. The map software is like $100.00 and I know that you will want that too." Well, lol she gone now. Left her. I can't stand a girlfriend thats scared to get a tic or somthing. And the GPS, still got the same one. And NO MAP SOFFTWARE. Rely don't need it. Would like to have but true $100.00 lot o money to spend for somthing I realy cant see myself using that much. Wish list Item I guess. Anyway to get to your question, Does He sound interested in Geocaching. IF NOT BYE BYE!!!! Lol No thats my way..... I think it would be a great idea to hide it in the back yard. OH and can someone tell me how to get one of the Geocoins. I think I might like to buy some. And for the amount of $ I put into my addiction, Lets see, GAS, (Need to take out a small loan now for that) I usually get my trinkits from gargae sales and spring cleaning the parents house. (What a mess)... and the containers, which I have found cheaper ideas that seem to work great otherwise about 1.00 each.....

WELCOME TO GEOCACHING.

P.S. I jost got my second GPS and my first Palm. I guess I do spend some money on this......