The All New Groundspeak Uk Pub Quiz!

Ding! for Helen - Those felt Paddingtons in little wellies which seemed to be everywhere in the late 70s and early 80s were created by Mrs Clarkson, based on the artwork from the animated series. I'm sure you've got one in a box in your attic <_<

apparently (yeah, i googled...) Mrs C was the first person to put paddington in wellingtons - so that her little toys would stand up properly! So those famous boots are all down to her!

<_<

Starting in 1986 there was a kids television programme following the adventures of a bunch of reject toys who lived in a reject bin. The programmes name was The Raggy Dolls, what I would like from you is the names of the seven main toys...

Off you go!

Sarah

Edited:typo

Edited by The Morgan Mob

oooh Sadsack is the only one I can remember... I can sing the theme tune for you if you like though

"Raggy Dolls, Raggy dolls, dolls like you and me! raggy dolls, raggy dolls, made imperfectly"

All together now.....

Very tuneful chizu <_<

Sad sack was the first one I remembered as well. Does that say something about us?

Dotty, Lucy, HiFi, Back to Front, Princess.... one more..

Another geographical question.......

Although it's not a prerequisite to be a "country", one way to define an independent state is the requirement that they be recognised by the majority of others. The United Nations (UN) is a body made up of most of the countries in the world and they decide by majority if a state can be a full member, in part, through this recognition.

The questions are:

1. How many independent states are full members of the UN?

2. There is one "country" that is recognised by all and has recently gained all the rights of membership but chooses to only be an observer. Which one?

No googling obviously :anitongue:

Carolyn

Edited by T-girls