An Apology

Hi folks, as you all know Eckington is now taking a well earned rest so I am looking after reviewing all your caches, moderating this forum and responding to your e-mails. As you can imagine this is an "interesting" situation and I'll be doing my best.

I've been away for the weekend (without internet access :D ) and I've just returned. Wouldn't you know it but my Broadband connection was "fried" by a thunderstorm while I was away so on top of everything else I'm back on a 56k dialup! :D

I've just checked the review queue and there's quite a backlog. I'm hoping the forum was quiet over the weekend so I can concentrate on the reviewing. I'm currently trying to download all my e-mails too.

So all in all you're going to have to bear with me for a while.

Back in the "good old days" BB ( before broadband) when a Garmin GPS12 was the dogs danglies, it frequently took several DAYS to get caches approved. I am amazed that the mods manage to get them sorted so quickly of late. What's a few hours here & there anyway, take your time Lacto. you're no good to us burnt out :D Who was it who said something about "Quality not quantity..................!" :D

I submitted a cache early, early Saturday morning 0129hrs I think, and was under the impression that Lacto had dropped everything, cancelled his holiday and gone off to personally review every aspect of my cache so that it would get the go ahead by 0600hrs the same day.

Obviously, I was wrong! :D

On a more serious note, we understand the situation and will wait as long as it takes.

Well, you have till Monday or we'll send the boys round. :blink::blink::D

PS What's it like going back to clockwork internet?

:D

Oss!

When you've reviewed all the caches, cleared your email backlog and moderated the forums( :lol: ), it would be interesting to hear how the "Let's go Geocaching" event went. I know the event wasn't really aimed at already established cachers, but I'd be interested to hear how it went and what a roomful of newcomers to caching made of it all!

When you've reviewed all the caches, cleared your email backlog and moderated the forums( :lol: ), it would be interesting to hear how the "Let's go Geocaching" event went. I know the event wasn't really aimed at already established cachers, but I'd be interested to hear how it went and what a roomful of newcomers to caching made of it all!

Good Idea, I'll let you know when I get sorted. Actually there's "only" 51 caches for review this morning :lol: However it's pouting with rin so it doesn't look like I'll be getting my usual Monday golf game in. Looks like I'll be able to get stuck in to reviewing today.

Not that I'm planning on placing any caches at the moment (you'll be pleased to hear), but Mr L has our support as ever, and we're happy to wait as long as it takes.

On a different note, and apologies if this should be in a different thread, is it worth having an extra moderator on the forums, to take the pressure of Lacto and Ekky (when he returns from his well-earned rest!)? I know there's hydee, but......

I am not, in any way, suggesting myself for this, should anyone think I am! Just a thought - I don;t know how they're chosen, or anything...

Cheers

Dave

When you've reviewed all the caches, cleared your email backlog and moderated the forums( :D ), it would be interesting to hear how the "Let's go Geocaching" event went. I know the event wasn't really aimed at already established cachers, but I'd be interested to hear how it went and what a roomful of newcomers to caching made of it all!

Good Idea, I'll let you know when I get sorted. Actually there's "only" 51 caches for review this morning :lol: However it's pouting with rin so it doesn't look like I'll be getting my usual Monday golf game in. Looks like I'll be able to get stuck in to reviewing today.

Can you stop filling my inbox with cache notifications please :lol::lol::lol:

I think PP is right...I think during this "transitional" period we should have a mod for the forums only, let Lacto concentrate on the caches...

Again, I'm NOT volunteering - think I have enough to do with moving house!

Patience Grasshopper :lol::lol: !

I suspect the problem won't last too long. I'm not worried so you shouldn't be. :lol:

Now, to get back to sorting out my wireless ADSL modem/router that got fried in a thunderstorm last Friday....... :D