Signal Geocoins

The $heriff

I like the coins and ordered a few of the January ones.

I'm just miffed that I haven't received them yet to check out the quality before the Feb ones went on sale. Especially annoying since the sales tactics seem to be "order them now before they're gone!" (to quote "The coins will go on sale in the store each month and sold until they are gone" and "The coin will be available for a limited time only and then never available again!") - yet the January ones are still for sale. I'm guessing these aren't exactly being minted in small quantities.

Hopefully we'll have the Jan ones in hand before the March coins go up for sale! :unsure:

Bah - 4-6 weeks for shipping. Although, if memory serves, tomorrow should be end of the 6th week...

It would not be the first time I had to wait on coins. That situation could very well be out of the hands of Groundspeak, I am sure we have all had supply problems of some sort at some time. I would agree though, it would be nice to see January or February's coins before I buy some March coins. This whole game seems to be an addiction. Glen

it is an addiction... some coins just seem to take longer. perhaps the mints are busy? i agree though that it would be wise of the coinstore or Groundspeak or whoever to get the january's out before march goes on sale. i'm still waiting on illinois coins that i bought from the coinstore. originals were lost i guess and the GONIL people mailed out replacements over a week ago.... perhaps it's just not meant to be for me to have that one...

OK, really these coins never should have gone on sale before they were in the hands of the company. We are not talking about a person or an organization that needs to do pre-sales to fund the coin. This is Groundspeak, a business, in partnership with GeoCoinStore, another business. If you want to be a business then act like a business. 6 weeks to way too long to be waiting for delivery.

We own a business and we NEVER charge the customer until the product and service is delivered, that is how how life works in the business world. You do not see Amazon or WalMart collecting my money for things that will be shipped 6 weeks later or for inventory they do not have.

OK that was enough ranting for one morning. :unsure: :unsure:

Actually they both do it... as do many other places, including pretty much every tv commercial (please allow 6-8weeks for delivery) though they are usually not shipping them 1st class or priority mail. Though stores like amazon and walmart don't often do it, they usually wait until they have the items, they have taken prepayment for special/hot items.

But I fully agree, coin stores should have them in hand before they sell them. i think that should include the stores selling the personal coins for others, they already made the commitment for them and sent the order to the mint, they could wait that 3weeks before selling them. If their cash flow is too tight for that they shouldn't be in business.

While I had announced the World Travel coin, it wasn't available for sale until it was shipped to the store.

Actually they both do it... as do many other places, including pretty much every tv commercial (please allow 6-8weeks for delivery) though they are usually not shipping them 1st class or priority mail. Though stores like amazon and walmart don't often do it, they usually wait until they have the items, they have taken prepayment for special/hot items.

But I fully agree, coin stores should have them in hand before they sell them. i think that should include the stores selling the personal coins for others, they already made the commitment for them and sent the order to the mint, they could wait that 3weeks before selling them. If their cash flow is too tight for that they shouldn't be in business.

While I had announced the World Travel coin, it wasn't available for sale until it was shipped to the store.

Hey who's icon is this 312.gif and does anyone have an image of the coin?