What To Name A New Cache ?

Voigt54601

I'm ready to place my first cache, the largest in my area (50 mile radius). It's a 3.5 gallon bucket, same diameter as a 5 gal. just shorter.

I'm placing auction duds in it, good stuff I got at rummage sales, but didn't fare well on the

electronic auction block. This cache weighs about 10 lbs! :(

I'm wondering what to name it?

I was thinking "auctiong duds" or encourage people to take their picture while sitting

on the cache and call it " the county seat "

I dunno.

I see most folks name their cache in relation to the location it is at, but I'm not sure where I'm putting it

yet.

Your thoughts?

Great replies! Thank you.

My first whim of a name was "auction duds" ... but then figured some people that geocache might not ebay, or rummage, so that kinda geared me away from that. As well, over time, all the original stuff will be gone and will probably regress into your typical cache items. *shrug*

The throne? (I like the 'sit on it' too)

I'm putting the cache in the car tomorrow and finding a spot for it, so maybe it will come to me then. Keep the ideas coming, thanks!

Good ideas, still not firm on one though. I emailed the DNR manager that is the contact for the forest I would like to place it in, I got a read receipt that he got my email, but no reply, I'm guessing he is thinking NO!. So, it still is not placed.

Tans, you cracked me up with that, I'm one of those in a pickup on Fri/Sat morns :D

I retrieved a Jeep travel bug today as well to throw in this cache, people like 'em, its my first time playing with one, so will be a nice addition to the cache.

Thanks for the input :D

One man's trash is another man's ... trash.

I actually like using puns of the area instead of the contents, unless it's themed.

Some of my current cache names:

Thumb Thing Elth (In Knoch Knolls park, and part of many caches that start off Knoch, Knoch and Who's There?, etc.

The Acorn Doesn't Fall Far - it has to do with a pun on the specific hiding method, the source of the container, and the person from which I emulated this hide.

How the Mighty Have Fallen - big tree, fell down, no one heard it. :D

Choir of Trees - located in Coral Woods

You get the idea. It's anything that catches your fancy.

Edited by Markwell