How Many Disabled Caches In Your Area?

Ed & Julie

Just for fun, I ran a pocket query for disabled caches in my area.

I searched for all the disabled caches within 100 miles of my home coordinates, and came back with 221...seems like a lot, but I am in a somewhat rural area, so I'm sure other places have a lot more.

The good new is than my local reviewer has also checked some of the caches that have been disabled the longest and made a reviewer's note on the pages asking for a status report (my reviewer rocks!).

So...how many disabled caches are within 100 miles of your home coordinates?

Ed

TB&TB

Edited by The Badge & the Butterfly

In the entire State of Ohio, there are 133 disabled caches out of 4011 total, or 3.3%.

In the entire State of Pennsylvania, there are 170 disabled caches out of 5293 total, or 3.2%.

In the entire State of West Virginia, there are 17 disabled caches out of 696 total, or 2.4%.

Total for the Tri-State Area where I do much of my caching: 320 disabled out of exactly 10,000 caches(!), or 3.2%.

To answer the OP, there are 75 disabled caches out of 2812 within 100 miles of my home, or 2.6%.

I wonder why that is. :rolleyes:

Not many as our reviewer will archive them if they are disabled without any attention for too long. :D

My reviewer usually waits to get a SBA log before taking action unless the disabled cache is near or blocking a newly placed cache (that may account for hte unusually high percentage of disabled caches in my area)

I just went thru the long-archived list in my area and put a SBA logs on some of the longest disabled caches...you would think I was calling for the end of geocacing with the outcry it has caused :cute: