Uk Spies In Russia - Geocachers?

kbootb

Here's the article :unsure::)

Cant be spies, as the location, ie a park, is simply too public. Sooner or later a local elderly dogwalker would have spotted the odd goings on. If it is spying then they have become lazy. It would have been easier to place the device somewhere where people congregate to lessen suspicion. But with the recent Russian paranoia with western countries making a comeback [look at the Gas problems] I wonder if the whole thing is just a set-up.

To me the film looks like a geocacher in action :unsure:

A BBC report

Edited by Alice Band

me too!

The men were seen with PDAs wondering near rock and 'beaming' information (or looking up hint on cache page).

The picture of the rock is from the russians. They say one of the men removed it? How did they get it then? Is this a russian hypothesis of what the rock consisted of?

Have any false rock based Moscow caches been archive recently (one of the men removed it)?

Lets hope we never find out, eh? :unsure:

The picture of the rock is from the russians.  They say one of the men removed it?  How did they get it then?  Is this a russian hypothesis of what the rock consisted of?

According to the 6 o'clock news, after the "owners" of the first rock removed it, the Russian Authorities divided up the city and searched all the areas. The rock the authorities "found" is the one shown with all the electrical bits inside. (Which they've X-rayed!)

I think there is a good possibillity that the people caught on film were Geocachers and the Russians (for what ever reason) have fabricated this rock to create some kind of political stunt. Probably to justify their claims over the "Gas Incident" with the Ukraine, that foreign governments were funding opposition parties.

Edited by Nediam