Thinking Of Changing My Name

Everytime I see your name, I misread it as HairyMom.

Actually it's kind of a "similar sounding" word play on my first and last names (for more hints look at my 11/13/05 log entry for this cache: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...ee-0491ac63013d)

I actually wanted to be "HairyMan" (which would be a more accurate word play on the last name), but it seems that is taken (not just on this site but everywhere), so I went for this alternative, a little more offbeat and unusual (kind of now sounds like the way someone from Jamaica or surrounding islands might say my first name and the first syllable of my last name)

Edited by hairymon

I have used my ham call W7WT as an identifier for lots of my activity. I was even thinking about trying to get N7WT for my aircraft N number. I have used it since August 2001 and have had no problems. In spite of my bragging most people would think I have lived a rather boring life. I have even been with the same wife since 1947. I have no problem with your present handle but can understand some people

would be offended by it. However, I do resent people pressing their agendas to me. Best of luck with whatever you decide.

1 hour ago, TeamRabbitRun said:

That's hysterical.

While I was replying to ancient messages, I was responding because of SamLowrey's NEW post.

<sigh>

I suppose Confucius'Cat probably didn't get my joke. Oh, well.

This is part of the amusement of bumping old threads.  I found some from 2003 where people were complaining about logs with just "TFTC" and was tempted to do so just to demonstrate how some things remain the same but I figured I better not get people mad at me.

14 hours ago, SamLowrey said:

This is part of the amusement of bumping old threads.  I found some from 2003 where people were complaining about logs with just "TFTC" and was tempted to do so just to demonstrate how some things remain the same but I figured I better not get people mad at me.

I have no problem with bumping old threads for 2 reasons.

First. Most things that get discussed are just variations of subjects that have discussed over the years anyway. However, as new people come into the activity, these subjects are new to them.

Second. Like you said it demonstrates how many things that are discussed as "new" topics have been discussed for well over a decade. 

• Upvote 1