The Grand Experiment - Geocoin Giveaway

Go JayBee

So, great news! My coins made it into the cache in Afghanistan and are now travelling around South Africa as well. VERY COOL!

Of all the ones I've released, all have moved at least once, and only one has been lost (the one sent to Mexico...)

YEAY!!!

(to the tune of Rawhide theme) Rollin Rollin Rollin.. keep them coins a rollin... surprise!

headin out, throw'em in, ,move along - travel coins....yee ha!

(ok so it's 2:15 am and I'm a bit slap happy.. what DID you expect?!?)

~Rose

I'm still waiting for some decent weather here in Ohio so I can release the three I received.

I have a few trips to Michigan next month so HOPEFULLY we will have some at least decent enough weather that I can put them into caches.

Once I release them I would like to repeat the process.

I'm ready to send more coins to foreign countries. Please contact me if you want coin to your countrys caches. At the moment I have coins in the countries so please do not contact me from those:

Finland

Japan

South-Africa

Germany

The Netherlands

Canada

Sweden

France

Denmark

USA

New Zealand

Thanks!

Edited by Fundamental and Venlis
Enybody want to exchange activated geocoins? I have Cat geocoin to exchnage for another geocoin. Mail me thorugh profile page if you are interested.

You should join the group....you could always send an "activated" coin to someone for placement into a cache, or send out as the "spawner" and let that person "adopt" it.

The last set went quickly as part of the WWWWW2 event in Maine; however...

Set 4 is ready to go!

Three activated - World Traveler Gold, World Traveler Silver, Kansas Gold Already on their way!

Three spawners - Choice of: Micro-Mini, Mt McKinley Bronze, Tennessee Micro, USA 2006, DNF, Finland, or Germany Soccer

Thanks, kayakerinme

Edited: three activated have already found a destination! All spawners have been sent. Thanks to all the participants!

Edited by kayakerinme

Came up with this idea tonight..........

I know its not new...LFD (Lemon Fresh Dog) and others have eluded to it. All it takes is 6 coins to participate.

Here's the scheme: all you coin Owners out there get 3 coins to send to another cacher of your choice, for placing into caches (what a concept, hugh?)

Then, you give away the next 3 coins to the 1st 3 people that email you with a request....(previous recipipients of your coin are automatically disqualified).

So, I'll start off by offering my JayBee/LitLens Glowing Coin & The Go-mad-Cow Set....I've already made arrangements to send off the 3 coins of each for caches.

So, now is the time for the 3 requests....I will qualify the winners by time-stamps of their emails. The "subject" must include: "The Grand Experiment - Free Geocoin". That's it...simple as that.

Maybe we could even have a commemorative Coin made for the qualifying participants...DaMenace....you up for this? Something with "I Helped GeoCoins Survive 2006"? Limited Edition for the 1st 300?

Let's all try to get back to our "roots"....remember the "old days" when you used to "find" Geocoins in caches? Just say "no" to that "E-place".

:D I am in for the Grand Experiment :laughing:

:laughing: I have my first E mail and will be sending a Feb Geocoin club coin :D I hope it gets registered and sent out to view the world. Still waiting to see if the person I asked to see 3 out in caches is willing to do it for me. :laughing: Edited by big rick

:laughing: I have my first E mail and will be sending a Feb Geocoin club coin :D I hope it gets registered and sent out to view the world. Still waiting to see if the person I asked to see 3 out in caches is willing to do it for me. :laughing:

If that person falls through, I would be glad to drop the 3 into caches around here. I am about ready to send out my second set for the experiment.

:laughing: I have my first E mail and will be sending a Feb Geocoin club coin :laughing: I hope it gets registered and sent out to view the world. Still waiting to see if the person I asked to see 3 out in caches is willing to do it for me. :laughing:

If that person falls through, I would be glad to drop the 3 into caches around here. I am about ready to send out my second set for the experiment.

:D Thanks I will let you know and will send them to you if what I have planned doesn't work out. :unsure:

OK JayBee, with 11 pages of forum messages, I'm now a little confused. Could you clarify what you do now for this Grand Experiment with all the discussion in this forum.

The way I understand it, you give 3 to another cacher to place in caches (geocoins that haven't been placed in a cache before I presume). Then 1 each goes to 3 different people.

Would placing 3 new caches and putting a trackable microcoin in each as a FTF prize count for the 2nd 3 coins count?

Russ (PastorDIC)

OK JayBee, with 11 pages of forum messages, I'm now a little confused. Could you clarify what you do now for this Grand Experiment with all the discussion in this forum.

The way I understand it, you give 3 to another cacher to place in caches (geocoins that haven't been placed in a cache before I presume). Then 1 each goes to 3 different people.

Would placing 3 new caches and putting a trackable microcoin in each as a FTF prize count for the 2nd 3 coins count?

Russ (PastorDIC)

Read the 1st post on the 1st page

Evidently someone has figured out a way to "hack" into our Yahoo Group or it is one of our members posing as someone else. They have some sort of political agenda which I will not even waste your time telling you about. It DOES NOT belong in our GeoCoin GiveAway Discussion.

If I find out that it is one of our members....they will be permanently "banned" from our group. :P

Now I know how "Eartha" & "FSM" feel sometimes.

Lets stick with the topic....Getting GeoCoins into the wild.

My best success story has been my PA geocoin that I released in Hawaii, tiki :P took it to New Zealand and now a New Zealander is taking it to Finland, that's awesome! I have been leaving unactivated coins as swag and those outcomes are little disappointing. I leave them in more challenging caches and of the 8 I have left in caches: 4 have not been retrieved (two of those were just over the weekend), 3 have been retrieved but not activatiated (at least not by the finder) and 1 was activated and was pretty much muggled by a ghost cacher before it left the orignal cache.

Edited by D@nim@l

Evidently someone has figured out a way to "hack" into our Yahoo Group or it is one of our members posing as someone else. They have some sort of political agenda which I will not even waste your time telling you about. It DOES NOT belong in our GeoCoin GiveAway Discussion.

If I find out that it is one of our members....they will be permanently "banned" from our group. :)

Now I know how "Eartha" & "FSM" feel sometimes.

Lets stick with the topic....Getting GeoCoins into the wild.

Political agenda with geocoins in the wild?!?! Look like that person needs to get a life. :P:):)B)

I haven't been in here for a long while.

I received coins from Hobbycachefamily and from Fundamental & Venlis. I have placed one of the coins from Hobbycachefamily and both the coins I got from Fundamental & Venlis (and their friend).

We have received lots of snow and I have therefor DNF:ed several caches (lots of digging but no finding), but I hope I'll be able to put out the remaining coins very soon.

If anyone else wants to have coins "bewildered" in Sweden (Stockholm), you're welcome to contact me. I'm not sending out any coins of my own at this time.

Svekke

Russ (PastorDIC)

Geez, somebody's always gotta come up with their own twist......... :laughing:

The idea of the "spawner" coins (the ones to be given away) is to generate more coins for the Experiment. There is no commitment of the folks receiving the spawners to participate, but that is the hope.

The general consensus has been that the "cache" coins should be "activated" and "spawner" coins should not.

It looks like I've figured it out enough, thanks to the clarifications on the Yahoo group. So it looks like I'm in.

For the Part 1 I will be giving DaniDu the 3 activated Cache coins tomorrow.

For part 2 I should have more than three e-mail in what? 5 minutes? :laughing:

Russ (PastorDIC)

It looks like I've figured it out enough, thanks to the clarifications on the Yahoo group. So it looks like I'm in.

For the Part 1 I will be giving DaniDu the 3 activated Cache coins tomorrow.

For part 2 I should have more than three e-mail in what? 5 minutes? :laughing:

Russ (PastorDIC)

I STILL NEED ONE MORE E-MAIL FOR PART TWO.

I have given DaniDu the 3 coins to place in caches.

I received e-mail from Big Rick in GA and 6 Feet More (FL?)

I need that 3rd e-mail.

Ok so.. I'm stealing the topic for one second (Sorry Jaybee.. but you will understand...)

HOORAY! (AND FINALLY!) MY work Permit for the move to Germany has been APPROVED!

Ok so Here's the deal... I know many of you have been following the move status for me going to Germany. The work permit was approved today. So, I have about 5 days for the residency permit, and then I'll be able to get an apartment. (I will see about making the address available at that time.)

The Date for me leaving the US has been pushed back to the weekend of March 24 and I'm hoping to have everything from my house sold by then.

This means I'll be sending out a ton of registered coins in the next few weeks. So, if I contact you and ask can I drop some for caches in your area, please don't be surprised.

Thanks to a bunch of you whom have been emailing practically weekly to find out the status, when I'm moving and planning a "going away" event. (hugs to all) Now that I finally have dates, and can get tickets and everything else, I thought I would make a formal post.

~Rose

P.S. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming....

:D I have my first E mail and will be sending a Feb Geocoin club coin :rolleyes: I hope it gets registered and sent out to view the world. Still waiting to see if the person I asked to see 3 out in caches is willing to do it for me. :huh:

Please send me your address I have a package for you my person fell through.

:rolleyes: Completed my side of The Grand Experiment my three activated coins and three spawn coins have been mailed. I can't wait to see them move. Also received a coin in the mail from PastorDic and what a beautiful coin. I activated it this morning and plan to put it out in the next couple of weeks when I find the right cache.. :unsure: Edited by big rick

:( I have my first E mail and will be sending a Feb Geocoin club coin :P I hope it gets registered and sent out to view the world. Still waiting to see if the person I asked to see 3 out in caches is willing to do it for me. :D

The coins are on their way. :P