Traditional Caches Vs. Micro Caches

T1ASM_JWOOD

I would like to see an additional cache category added to differentiate micro-caches from traditional caches. Perhaps I am the only one, but I am not much interested in micro-caches, and it would be nice to be able to tell from the notify e-mail which new caches are not micro-caches rather than having to go to the cache page and read the description. What do you think?

What would be good would be a separate category for Lame caches.  Those are very difficult to filter out using any means.  A separate category would really help there.  :rolleyes:

I think the 'IGNORE' feature is for that. Make sure to check it on the PQ's.

Yes, but it would be more effective if the cache owner were to add it as an attribute.

What would be good would be a separate category for Lame caches.  Those are very difficult to filter out using any means.  A separate category would really help there.  :rolleyes:

I think the 'IGNORE' feature is for that. Make sure to check it on the PQ's.

Yes, but it would be more effective if the cache owner were to add it as an attribute.

The cache owner already indicates the size, no other information is needed.

Yes, absolutely. I won't know a cache is LAME until I go do it, at which time I've just done a lame cache.

If the cache owner had a way of marking it as Lame, then if I could filter those out, that would save me the trouble of finding another lame one.

For the humor impaired: This post is of course in jest. Who would label their own cache lame?

Micros are containers just like any other traditional cache. Size is the only difference.

People tend to complain about micros because they tend to be lame. I agree that micros under lamp posts fit that category for me. But sometimes micros can be terrific and are the best type of container for the area. I have found a few of those and any large container would have been possible and I have put out two for the same reason.

We shouldn't generalize like happens so much on this site. Some micros are lame but so are some regular size caches. If you filter out caches just because the size is micro you are going to miss some really great spots and hides from my experience.

JDandDD

Yes, absolutely. I won't know a cache is LAME until I go do it, at which time I've just done a lame cache.

If the cache owner had a way of marking it as Lame, then if I could filter those out, that would save me the trouble of finding another lame one.

For the humor impaired: This post is of course in jest. Who would label their own cache lame?

I do.

It may have been labeled Lame, but in fact it was not. I have been to

Cleveland Bridge a couple of times and it is an historic and interesting place. With some memorable nearby caches.

So even though it was labeled lame it did not qualify.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...b9-e3d5e084a605 is a cache designed to be lame. It is actually very amusing, it takes you to a guardrail- One guy logs parked 15 feet away "needed the exercise" You can literally pull up and reach out your window for this one . it is in a mall parking lot, but the mall is closed. Everyone seems to have fun with the concept.

Now with a day off, I am thinking where should I go today.