San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Where: Bear Valley Loop

When: Sunday, November 19 (Updated)

Time: ~9:00am - ~2:00pm

Meeting at: A Blockbuster View

I have been wanting to go down and complete the Big Bear Loop. I see about 30 caches in that area alone. It appears that we can drive 4x4 to all but a few. Chuy mentioned that 4x2 works if you have higher clearance.

I thought it would be good to start at (GCNTZF) "Bear Valley Loop-The Beginning...or The End". If enough people are interested, then we can meet at a carpool somewhere to load up people.

Those that may be able to go:

- Team Adelos

- jahoadi and john

- 3cd's

- DaMoores

Anyone else is welcomed to join. :anicute: Now, where to meet for those donuts before heading out? :wub:

TA

;)

Edited by Team Adelos

I have been wanting to go down and complete the Big Bear Loop. I see about 30 caches in that area alone. It appears that we can drive 4x4 to all but a few. Chuy mentioned that 4x2 works if you have higher clearance.

I thought it would be good to start at (GCNTZF) "Bear Valley Loop-The Beginning...or The End". If enough people are interested, then we can meet at a carpool somewhere to load up people.

- Team Adelos

- jahoadi and john

- 3cd's

- DaMoores

Anyone else is welcomed to join. :wub: Now, where to meet for those donuts before heading out? ;)

TA

B)

Be looking for that little yellow Jeep! I just mentioned last week that I really wanted to do this trail. Thanks for the get-together! See you at 9:00 at the Blockbuster.

Robyn & Kathy of Team Reid :anicute:

- Team Adelos

- jahoadi and john

- 3cd's

- DaMoores

Anyone else is welcomed to join. :wub: Now, where to meet for those donuts before heading out? ;)

TA

B)

Be looking for that little yellow Jeep! I just mentioned last week that I really wanted to do this trail. Thanks for the get-together! See you at 9:00 at the Blockbuster.

Cat and I would like to tag along. This will be our first time"team caching" . We have been to the area before, but took the eastern loop, and we do have 4-wheel drive.

- Team Adelos

- jahoadi and john

- 3cd's

- DaMoores

Anyone else is welcomed to join. :anicute: Now, where to meet for those donuts before heading out? :wub:

TA

;)

If anyone coming has any extra Decon containers, it looks like there are two needed out there...

- Team Adelos

- jahoadi and john

- 3cd's

- DaMoores

TA

B)

If anyone would like to join us for a 7:45 breakfast at the nearby Denny's, let us know and we'll save you a place. Kathy

- Team Adelos

- jahoadi and john

- 3cd's

- DaMoores

Anyone else is welcomed to join. :o Now, where to meet for those donuts before heading out? B)

TA

B)

Robyn & Kathy of Team Reid :D

If anyone would like to join us for a 7:45 breakfast at the nearby Denny's, let us know and we'll save you a place. Kathy

I'd like to go but I just washed my jeep... :anibad:

- Team Adelos

- jahoadi and john

- 3cd's

- DaMoores

Anyone else is welcomed to join. :o Now, where to meet for those donuts before heading out? B)

TA

B)

Robyn & Kathy of Team Reid :D

I'd like to go but I just washed my jeep... :anibad:

Clean jeeps are for seesies!!! Kathy

I'm looking for help and would like to go on a group hunt. I just got my Legend CX and have attempted to find a few caches in my area (Chula Vista, Ca. 91913) but have only got to the location. I have yet to actually find anything once I get to it.

Don't be bashful asking for help. I lot of us have there!

Are you having problems getting the GPS to guide you? Or, entering the coords?

- Team Adelos

- jahoadi and john

- 3cd's

- DaMoores

Anyone else is welcomed to join. B) Now, where to meet for those donuts before heading out? :D

TA

B)

Robyn & Kathy of Team Reid :anibad:

Count me in! I'll be at the rendezvous and probably join you for breakfast. I'll have an extra seat if anyone wants to ride shotgun (Acill? I also use a Legend C).

I'm working on a "if you build it, they will come" type of project :o . I'm converting the temporary Geo Ocotillo campout photo site I put up into a freebie San Diego Cache Event photo gallery. Takes lots of photos and be a beta tester! http://sdgeocachers.eveningavionics.com

I'm working on a "if you build it, they will come" type of project :D . I'm converting the temporary Geo Ocotillo campout photo site I put up into a freebie San Diego Cache Event photo gallery. Takes lots of photos and be a beta tester! http://sdgeocachers.eveningavionics.com

M2 you did a great job on the PHOTO site , :D looking forward to following it. Some day may even get a camera to post some pictures.

Really a neat site, you out did yourself. :oB):anibad:B)

I'm looking for help and would like to go on a group hunt. I just got my Legend CX and have attempted to find a few caches in my area (Chula Vista, Ca. 91913) but have only got to the location. I have yet to actually find anything once I get to it.

I use the loc files and have no trouble getting them into my Legend CX using the app geocaching swiss army knife through Guest PC running windows XP or 98. ( I am a Mac user) I get to the location the GPS tells me its at, but just never find it. So far I have looked for Hide a park and Not another Altoid Tin #8 here in the 91913 area. I guess I just need help once I am there on what to look for.

I would like to find a good free app to try on the Mac to upload the caches to my GPSr with the Mac if anyone has any advice on that. The PC emulation is fine, but I would like to not use it except to upload mapsource maps.

I use the loc files and have no trouble getting them into my Legend CX using the app geocaching swiss army knife through Guest PC running windows XP or 98. ( I am a Mac user) I get to the location the GPS tells me its at, but just never find it. So far I have looked for Hide a park and Not another Altoid Tin #8 here in the 91913 area. I guess I just need help once I am there on what to look for.

I would like to find a good free app to try on the Mac to upload the caches to my GPSr with the Mac if anyone has any advice on that. The PC emulation is fine, but I would like to not use it except to upload mapsource maps.

Something on this webpage may help out with your Mac; it was put together by Parsa, a cacher in North County.

Even though the Not Another Altoid Tin series is rated 1.5 stars, it can be a tough one for a new cacher. Once you find it, you wont miss another one. Containers are in plain sight; you just gotta try and move things around; email me if you need more help.

I haven't found Hide-a-Park; so, can't help you there.

I'm working on a "if you build it, they will come" type of project :unsure: . I'm converting the temporary Geo Ocotillo campout photo site I put up into a freebie San Diego Cache Event photo gallery. Takes lots of photos and be a beta tester! http://sdgeocachers.eveningavionics.com

M2 you did a great job on the PHOTO site , :unsure: looking forward to following it. Some day may even get a camera to post some pictures.

Really a neat site, you out did yourself. :unsure::unsure::laughing::unsure:

Thanks for the comments :unsure: The first photos for the 19 Nov 2006 version of the San Diego Cache Event Team are posted! The unoffical title of the event was "Jeeps just want to have fun". Beta testers, start your engines!

Edited by M2

I'm working on a "if you build it, they will come" type of project :unsure: . I'm converting the temporary Geo Ocotillo campout photo site I put up into a freebie San Diego Cache Event photo gallery. Takes lots of photos and be a beta tester! http://sdgeocachers.eveningavionics.com

M2 you did a great job on the PHOTO site , :unsure: looking forward to following it. Some day may even get a camera to post some pictures.

Really a neat site, you out did yourself. :unsure::unsure::laughing::unsure:

Thanks for the comments :unsure: The first photos for the 19 Nov 2006 version of the San Diego Cache Event Team are posted! The unoffical title of the event was "Jeeps just want to have fun". Beta testers, start your engines!

These photos are great M2, thanks for all your time taking them and posting them. This was an awsome caching trip but I guess I will have to start logging in the finds now. Thanks again from both of us.

Really a neat site, you out did yourself. :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Great pictures from the Bear Valley Loop. Thanks for your efforts! I also added pictures that I had. B)

Hey Jahoadi - Do you have pictures of my drive up that trail? not the one where I stalled.. :laughing:

TA

Edited by Team Adelos

Thanks to everyone that came out yesturday! We had a great time completing the Bear Valley Loop. Other than my Jeep stalling (I'm sure it was because of me), it could not have been better. The weather was perfect as well as the company!

Team Adelos

We had such a great time with everyone! Let's do that again!

Looking forward to doing the SCCC's soon. Not too many hills there, Paul!

Robyn and Kathy of Team Reid :P

I had alot of fun also although there were 2 things we forgot to do.

1. Put Rudolf back up.

2. Sign The Dillon Gang into the cache (although it wouldn't have helped :D)

I like the pictures M2 took. Hope you don't mind that I used this one. :D

Not at all! The normal royalty schedule is waived for a fellow SDCET member :P

By the way, I decided to capture the sdgeocachers.com domain name before a squatter grabbed it. I plan to keep it available for all the local stuff we seem to have going. The URL of the San Diego Geocachers unofficial (meaning nobody asked for it) web site is now http://sdgeocachers.com . Have fun with it.

Thanks to everyone that came out yesturday! We had a great time completing the Bear Valley Loop. Other than my Jeep stalling (I'm sure it was because of me), it could not have been better. The weather was perfect as well as the company!

Team Adelos

Thanks for replacing my cache guys! :huh:

Thanks for replacing two of our caches while you were having fun on the loop!

The Splashes :(:(

We're looking to maybe run thru Ramona & Black canyon today with landcrusing( does'nt get out much) & Hiker218 (out of town geocacher).

The weather is perfect for a Ramona run. I would join you too but I'm being recruited for some Christmas shopping.

If you guys happen to do the MTB series, would you mind picking up the TB I dropped in the cattle guard cache? It's been stuck there for a few weeks. Have fun.

We're looking to maybe run thru Ramona & Black canyon today with landcrusing( does'nt get out much) & Hiker218 (out of town geocacher).

The weather is perfect for a Ramona run. I would join you too but I'm being recruited for some Christmas shopping.

If you guys happen to do the MTB series, would you mind picking up the TB I dropped in the cattle guard cache? It's been stuck there for a few weeks. Have fun.

How about Saturday....any one going anywhere?? If no one has any planns we are thinking of going to Mission Trails...or Otay.....or???.......any takers?

How about Saturday....any one going anywhere?? If no one has any planns we are thinking of going to Mission Trails...or Otay.....or???.......any takers?

If you're still thinking of doing Mission Trails, I might be interested in tagging along. I've never been there. How much hiking and how much altitude is involved?

While I was thinking about it, I solved two puzzles in there and I maybe able to get two more tonight.

Bill

Edited by Jonesi

If you're still thinking of doing Mission Trails, I might be interested in tagging along. I've never been there. How much hiking and how much altitude is involved?

While I was thinking about it, I solved two puzzles in there and I maybe able to get two more tonight.

Bill

My plans....

Any plans for Saturday the 2nd? I was thinking about heading out towards the Sandy Creek Cowboy Caches. Anyone interested?

Robyn of Team Reid

Darn! Obligations and other plans will interfere. Another time perhaps! :anitongue:

One of these days I'll get out there and join you guys! And as M2 says....Obligations certainly do interfere.....holymoly! By the way, just got back from D Ranch. Missed all of you guys. Property seemed real empty! [:laughing:]

I'm on the road for the next two weeks. I do plan on hitting the "decompression" event in a couple of weeks though. [:laughing:]

Any plans for Saturday the 2nd? I was thinking about heading out towards the Sandy Creek Cowboy Caches. Anyone interested?

Robyn of Team Reid

Count us in! :laughing: Where and what time to meet? :laughing:

How about Denny's @ 7:00 or HERE @ 8:00. Let me know if that works for everyone.

Robyn & Kathy

We are good for Denny's! :anitongue: Thanks for setting it up

Robyn of Team Reid

Count us in! :laughing: Where and what time to meet? :anitongue:

How about Denny's @ 7:00 or HERE @ 8:00. Let me know if that works for everyone.

Robyn & Kathy

We are good for Denny's! :laughing: Thanks for setting it up

Count us in also, I think we are clear, but we just got back from Ocotillo, so will have to double-check with the boss.

Robyn of Team Reid

Count us in! :D Where and what time to meet? :laughing:

Robyn & Kathy

We are good for Denny's! :( Thanks for setting it up

Count us in also, I think we are clear, but we just got back from Ocotillo, so will have to double-check with the boss.

Y'all gonna die! :rolleyes:

Robyn of Team Reid

Count us in! :laughing: Where and what time to meet? :rolleyes:

Robyn & Kathy

We are good for Denny's! :( Thanks for setting it up

Looks like I'll be able to make this one. Where is the Dennys you are going to ?

Edited by SKILLET