San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

Count us in also, I think we are clear, but we just got back from Ocotillo, so will have to double-check with the boss.

Y'all gonna die! :laughing:

Are you referring to the Sandy Creek Cowboy Caches or to "double-checking with the boss..."?

Well in truth I'm just "pokin' a tad of cowboy fun" because I'm delighted that the Sandy Creek Cowboy caches will have some group activity. Ain't that Robyn th' sweetest thang f'r gettin' y'all out past th' ranch?

I've been worried about Cowboy No. 7 being muggled due to a recent note posted by Carpenter from Hell. Luckily it had a recent find posted and so it must be o.k. That's one of my favorite ideas for a nuisance cache.

Have a great time and don't f'rget t' walk like cowboys an' cowgirls while y'all are on th' Geotrails.

Yore ol' pal,

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies

Any plans for Saturday the 2nd? I was thinking about heading out towards the Sandy Creek Cowboy Caches. Anyone interested?

Robyn of Team Reid

Count us in! :D Where and what time to meet? :(

How about Denny's @ 7:00 or HERE @ 8:00. Let me know if that works for everyone.

Robyn & Kathy

We are good for Denny's! :laughing: Thanks for setting it up

Looks like I'll be able to make this one. Where is the Dennys you are going to ?

I have an 8ft ladder I can bring. Will that be tall enough :rolleyes:

Any plans for Saturday the 2nd? I was thinking about heading out towards the Sandy Creek Cowboy Caches. Anyone interested?

Robyn of Team Reid

Count us in! :laughing: Where and what time to meet? :(

How about Denny's @ 7:00 or HERE @ 8:00. Let me know if that works for everyone.

Robyn & Kathy

We are good for Denny's! :rolleyes: Thanks for setting it up

Looks like I'll be able to make this one. Where is the Dennys you are going to ?

I have an 8ft ladder I can bring. Will that be tall enough :D

Originally the ladder had to be twelve feet tall. Of course a few athletic finders scored the cache without a ladder but I can't recommend that approach. After a high wind destroyed the first placement we repositioned the container and it became a bit easier to reach with a shorter ladder. With an eight-foot ladder you'll probably have to do a balancing act.

Robyn is the perfect candidate for a balancing act ... you'll understand why from the photo below.

291cca47-acb7-42d9-9b6c-2413decd4fed.jpg

Think about it ... y'all don't need no stinkin' ladder.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Robyn of Team Reid

Count us in! :D Where and what time to meet? ;)

Robyn & Kathy

We are good for Denny's! :) Thanks for setting it up

I have an 8ft ladder I can bring. Will that be tall enough :unsure:

Originally the ladder had to be twelve feet tall. Of course a few athletic finders scored the cache without a ladder but I can't recommend that approach. After a high wind destroyed the first placement we repositioned the container and it became a bit easier to reach with a shorter ladder. With an eight-foot ladder you'll probably have to do a balancing act.

Robyn is the perfect candidate for a balancing act ... you'll understand why from the photo below.

I love that picture, Harmon! I have it at my desk at work. I can't tell you how many people ask me how I got up there. :blink:

Breakfast on Saturday morning is at the Denny's off of Los Coches next to Blockbuster. If you have 4WD, you can cut across the parking lot (Gene, you rock!)

Robyn :D

Robyn,

You were once a cheerleader weren't you? At least I suspected that when I thought of the setup for that pyramid photo. ... and so flexible too.

Anyway, here's some important suggestions for your Cowboy-Cache adventure -

A. A ladder for Cowboy No. 3 will be a plus. Also I don't want to hear that just one of your party climbed the ladder and that the rest watched and then claimed the find. Shameful.

B. A pair of leather gloves for Cowboy No. 8 will make things much easier. Never could talk "Carpenter from Hell" into making things easier at No. 8. O yeah, watch y'r butt at th' bob-war fence.

C. An old towel that you don't care about will be a big asset at Cowboy 12 and at "La Fantasma de Los Cruces" due to the recent rain. The towel will get really yucky at Cowboy No. 12 I'm guessing. As they say in Texas "Th'o it away when yore done."

D. Be sure to walk and talk like cowboys and cowgirls while on th' trail at Cowboy No. 2. Say thangs like "she-ut," "shoot-fahr," "shore-nuff," and "how th' hail are y'?" ... do watch out f'r th' bull by th' way.

Y'all have fun,

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies
Robyn,

You were once a cheerleader weren't you? At least I suspected that when I thought of the setup for that pyramid photo. ... and so flexible too.

A. A ladder for Cowboy No. 3 will be a plus. Also I don't want to hear that just one of your party climbed the ladder and that the rest watched and then claimed the find. Shameful.

B. A pair of leather gloves for Cowboy No. 8 will make things much easier. Never could talk "Carpenter from Hell" into making things easier at No. 8. O yeah, watch y'r butt at th' bob-war fence.

C. An old towel that you don't care about will be a big asset at Cowboy 12 and at "La Fantasma de Los Cruces" due to the recent rain. The towel will get really yucky at Cowboy No. 12 I'm guessing. As they say in Texas "Th'o it away when yore done."

D. Be sure to walk and talk like cowboys and cowgirls while on th' trail at Cowboy No. 2. Say thangs like "she-ut," "shoot-fahr," "shore-nuff," and "how th' hail are y'?" ... do watch out f'r th' bull by th' way.

Y'all have fun,

Harmon

Most importantly be sure to read all the cache pages to learn about the history! I remember that Dave and I got in big trouble for not doing that. :cry: Also be sure to log your caches using cowboy talk! :cry:

Robyn,

Y'all have fun,

Harmon

Most importantly be sure to read all the cache pages to learn about the history! I remember that Dave and I got in big trouble for not doing that. :cry: Also be sure to log your caches using cowboy talk! :cry:

Pat, thanks for your support.

Robyn,

Y'all have fun,

Harmon

Ya mean we can say S@#* HOWDY when we's dun?

Edited by habu!
Robyn,

Y'all have fun,

Harmon

Ya mean we can say S@#* HOWDY when we's dun?

Lordy yes, that's plain talk for bein' as happy as a hog at th' slop-trough. Y'all be shore t' snap a group photo so's I can see who t' put th' blame on. Y'all have fun now, y' hear?

Robyn,

Y'all have fun,

Harmon

Aw shucks, I have a for-teen-footer I kin brung fur numer "A", an I ain't brag'in.

Robyn of Team Reid

Count us in! :D Where and what time to meet? :D

Robyn & Kathy

We are good for Denny's! :) Thanks for setting it up

I have an 8ft ladder I can bring. Will that be tall enough :P

I love that picture, Harmon! I have it at my desk at work. I can't tell you how many people ask me how I got up there. :D

Breakfast on Saturday morning is at the Denny's off of Los Coches next to Blockbuster. If you have 4WD, you can cut across the parking lot (Gene, you rock!)

Robyn :D

There will be 3 of us for breakfast, see you there. ( We have a ladder with us)

Count us for in for breakfast also. Quantity: 2 ;)

If someone brings a ladder, will be the jeep.. :laughing::laughing: Otherwise, I can drive the truck and bring a ladder, towels, etc. :laughing:

I have a ladder in my truck already, see you at Denny's

:( John and I are tentative. Why only 2 for TA...who will be missing? Are you bringing Miss Ivy ???

Count us for in for breakfast also. Quantity: 2 :(

The girls wont be there....Marc will be very disapointed :( .

Saterday it is. 4 of us for breakfest.

:( 1 for breakfest, and I'll bring a ladder :tired::ph34r:

Edited by SKILLET

Count us for in for breakfast also. Quantity: 2 :(

The girls wont be there....Marc will be very disapointed :( .

Saterday it is. 4 of us for breakfest.

:( 1 for breakfest, and I'll bring a ladder :tired::ph34r:

See everyone at 7:00 @ Denny's. We'll have plenty of towels, gloves, room deoderizer (you'll understand later!), and a tazer, just in case the bull decides to show up at one of the caches!

Robyn & Kathy :(

You all are in for such a treat! I wish we hadn't already done them all, it was such fun. Those 'ol cowboys kept coming up with all of those crazy caches. so we had to find 'em right away!

We'd probably do them again with you guys, but we're headed to the dez tomorrow for another race.

Can't wait to see some pics, have fun!

The Splashes :tired::ph34r:

You all are in for such a treat! I wish we hadn't already done them all, it was such fun. Those 'ol cowboys kept coming up with all of those crazy caches. so we had to find 'em right away!

We'd probably do them again with you guys, but we're headed to the dez tomorrow for another race.

Can't wait to see some pics, have fun!

The Splashes :(:D

You guys have fun,i'm on call for my work so I'll miss the fun. :D:D

6bde17dc-7c42-489c-bf35-cf4b52b764eb.jpg

Good grief, thar ain't a young whipper-snapper these days that kan keep up with them ole Sandy Creek Kowboy fellers. This-uns tired out after riding the range all day and heck, he wasn't even ridin' a horse!

Terrific shot that begs to be 'shopped. Makes me worry that the cowboy caches disappointed that young feller.

097529a4-1719-4f41-ae7e-0347a4fe7d7c.jpg

Hope y'all learned a few things about back-country history.

Edited by SD Rowdies

6bde17dc-7c42-489c-bf35-cf4b52b764eb.jpg

Good grief, thar ain't a young whipper-snapper these days that kan keep up with them ole Sandy Creek Kowboy fellers. This-uns tired out after riding the range all day and heck, he wasn't even ridin' a horse!

Terrific shot that begs to be 'shopped. Makes me worry that the cowboy caches disappointed that young feller.

097529a4-1719-4f41-ae7e-0347a4fe7d7c.jpg

Hope y'all learned a few things about back-country history.

Shop away kind sir. Do ya think I posted this here for my health? Nay Nay my good man. Shop 'till I drop (with laughter). He had an awesome day. He lernt about some cowboy ways, saw som caches that were far betten n nem "flip flop" Duncan! type caches he's used ta seein' aorund the county AND the child had ta think fer himself. Somthin I think is missin' these days. I lernt that ya give this lad a marshmellow shooter (thanks Team Reid) he's good fer a whole day. :blink::D:D:D

One of the logs for the last SCC cache of the day:

By the time we got to this one it was getting late in the day. After the find I overheard one of the drivers say "we can go get the last four Bear Vally caches" and then I here the passenger say "I've had enough of that old goat Harmon and his Cowboys. Let's go home so I can soak in a wonderful bubble bath and wash all this trail dust off". Then the driver pulled away in her yellow jeep waving as she went...

By the time we got to this one it was getting late in the day. After the find I overheard one of the drivers say "we can go get the last four Bear Vally caches" and then I here the passenger say "I've had enough of that old goat Harmon and his Cowboys. Let's go home so I can soak in a wonderful bubble bath and wash all this trail dust off". Then the driver pulled away in her yellow jeep waving as she went...

Now tell the rest of the story. The yellow jeep driver had been drinking the water at the cache and was most likely delirious. :blink: I know this for a fact since the next place she parked was on the side of a hill, with no road for support, and then ran away laughing from the jeep leaving her mom trapped there. And you were parked right next to her, I suspect she was not the only water-drinker in our group. I didn't get a picture, but I know others did and can validate this log. :D

Now tell the rest of the story. The yellow jeep driver had been drinking the water at the cache and was most likely delirious. :blink: I know this for a fact since the next place she parked was on the side of a hill, with no road for support, and then ran away laughing from the jeep leaving her mom trapped there. And you were parked right next to her, I suspect she was not the only water-drinker in our group. I didn't get a picture, but I know others did and can validate this log. :D

Kathy dear,

You ba-a-a-a-ad but I still love ewe just th' same!

Sweet ol' Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies

On Sunday, December 3rd, I'm heading out to Cave of Ghost Waters - anybody want to tag along? There are a few more caches in the area.

Starttime 9-ish but that is flexible - I just need to be back home by 4 to get ready for work.

So far duganrm, Rogue, and Eric and Hill are going. If anybody else wants to join, meet us at Drats! This game is addicting! at 8:30 am.

Well, what happened? I've been waiting for your log so I can congratulate you on #1000!

Due to family and christmas activities, my geocaching count for the weekend was a big zero.

Is anyone available for a MTB to Gratefuldad116 and "Lostguy"'s new Hollenbeck caches on Sat am?( early-ish) I have a brand new beautiful blue MTB and I need someone to go with me. John is laid up after his toe surgery so he can't go and I can't go alone. My old MTB is available for use. I'm really bad at biking so it's a beginner ride. These caches aren't up the really steep hills either ( I don't think).

Is anyone available for a MTB to Gratefuldad116 and "Lostguy"'s new Hollenbeck caches on Sat am?( early-ish) I have a brand new beautiful blue MTB and I need someone to go with me. John is laid up after his toe surgery so he can't go and I can't go alone. My old MTB is available for use. I'm really bad at biking so it's a beginner ride. These caches aren't up the really steep hills either ( I don't think).

I would have joined you just to see your new bike but I have to work Saturday. Have a good time.

Hopefully the new caches are on the southern part of Hollenbeck! I "had" the northern part all cleared out..... As far as MTBing, I am whatever you call someone that hasn't made it to beginner status yet. :laughing: But I will be gone all weekend so I can't go anyhow......Have fun! :D

Did someone say a mountain bike ride? I was just there last Saturday, but of course Gratefuldad was there too hiding new caches. I may go with you....depending on what you mean by "early-ish"; remember I'm coming from Ramona.

Did someone say a mountain bike ride? I was just there last Saturday, but of course Gratefuldad was there too hiding new caches. I may go with you....depending on what you mean by "early-ish"; remember I'm coming from Ramona.

:laughing: What time you you get there Jerry? John's the real early bird not me...

:laughing: What time you you get there Jerry? John's the real early bird not me...

8 to 8:30

:D That's perfect....we'll meet at the Steele Bridgfe at 8:00 and by 8:30 we should be at the parking lot at Honey Springs Road. PS..Did I tell you my bike is Blue :D ???

Edited by jahoadi and john

:P What time you you get there Jerry? John's the real early bird not me...

:) That's perfect....we'll meet at the Steele Bridgfe at 8:00 and by 8:30 we should be at the parking lot at Honey Springs Road. PS..Did I tell you my bike is Blue :wub: ???

I hope these bikes have engines on them. :D

They do! These bikes are powered by either a 1 MP or a 1WP engine! :wub:

:) What time you you get there Jerry? John's the real early bird not me...

:P That's perfect....we'll meet at the Steele Bridgfe at 8:00 and by 8:30 we should be at the parking lot at Honey Springs Road. PS..Did I tell you my bike is Blue :D ???

I hope these bikes have engines on them. :)

:) What time you you get there Jerry? John's the real early bird not me...

:P That's perfect....we'll meet at the Steele Bridgfe at 8:00 and by 8:30 we should be at the parking lot at Honey Springs Road. PS..Did I tell you my bike is Blue :D ???
They do! These bikes will be powered by either a 1 MP or a 1 WP engine! :wub: Edited by TrailGators
oops! ...(duplicate post)...Stupid PC! :cry:

Oh sure, blame it on the PC.

I hit "Add Reply" and it just sat there forever. I looked down and saw that the little blue status bar at the bottom only made it about a third of the way across and then froze (little did I know that it was actually done). Anyhow, I thought it crashed so I hit the "Add Reply" button again. This time the little blue bar made it to 100%. But then I noticed that there were two posts. :wacko: Doesn't this happen to anyone else? :huh: Edited by TrailGators
oops! ...(duplicate post)...Stupid PC! :huh:

I hit "Add Reply" and it just sat there forever. I looked down and saw that the little blue status bar at the bottom only made it about a third of the way across and then froze (little did I know that it was actually done). Anyhow, I thought it crashed so I hit the "Add Reply" button again. This time the little blue bar made it to 100%. But then I noticed that there were two posts. :huh: Doesn't this happen to anyone else? :cry:

nope.. :wacko:

oops! ...(duplicate post)...Stupid PC! :huh:

I hit "Add Reply" and it just sat there forever. I looked down and saw that the little blue status bar at the bottom only made it about a third of the way across and then froze (little did I know that it was actually done). Anyhow, I thought it crashed so I hit the "Add Reply" button again. This time the little blue bar made it to 100%. But then I noticed that there were two posts. :huh: Doesn't this happen to anyone else? :cry:

nope.. :wacko:

oops! ...(duplicate post)...Stupid PC! :wacko:

I hit "Add Reply" and it just sat there forever. I looked down and saw that the little blue status bar at the bottom only made it about a third of the way across and then froze (little did I know that it was actually done). Anyhow, I thought it crashed so I hit the "Add Reply" button again. This time the little blue bar made it to 100%. But then I noticed that there were two posts. :huh: Doesn't this happen to anyone else? :huh:

Now we know the secret of racking up 4000+ forum posts... :cry:

:wacko: What time you you get there Jerry? John's the real early bird not me...

:huh: That's perfect....we'll meet at the Steele Bridgfe at 8:00 and by 8:30 we should be at the parking lot at Honey Springs Road. PS..Did I tell you my bike is Blue :cry: ???

I'll be there. Is anybody else going?

oops! ...(duplicate post)...Stupid PC! :cry:

I hit "Add Reply" and it just sat there forever. I looked down and saw that the little blue status bar at the bottom only made it about a third of the way across and then froze (little did I know that it was actually done). Anyhow, I thought it crashed so I hit the "Add Reply" button again. This time the little blue bar made it to 100%. But then I noticed that there were two posts. :wacko: Doesn't this happen to anyone else? :cry:

nope.. :huh:

You're a riot Alice! :huh: It's actually only happened to me a few times. Seems like it happens whenver the network is really busy...

:D What time you you get there Jerry? John's the real early bird not me...

:D That's perfect....we'll meet at the Steele Bridgfe at 8:00 and by 8:30 we should be at the parking lot at Honey Springs Road. PS..Did I tell you my bike is Blue :mad: ???
They do! These bikes will be powered by either a 1 MP or a 1 WP engine! <_<

:) You're right Pat...it was 1WP and 1MP...but I would have paid big bucks for even 1/2 more WP. I am so out of shape!! New bike pushes up hill just as hard as old bike :)

:D What time you you get there Jerry? John's the real early bird not me...

:D That's perfect....we'll meet at the Steele Bridgfe at 8:00 and by 8:30 we should be at the parking lot at Honey Springs Road. PS..Did I tell you my bike is Blue :mad: ???
They do! These bikes will be powered by either a 1 MP or a 1 WP engine! <_<

:) You're right Pat...it was 1WP and 1MP...but I would have paid big bucks for even 1/2 more WP. I am so out of shape!! New bike pushes up hill just as hard as old bike :)

She did great. She even got her brand new bike a little muddy. Woo Hoo!