San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

Anybody interested in a night hunt tonight? I'm thinking about doing The Kiss of Midnight.

We are not going up Cowles due to rain and were going to hit other areas.. perhaps park and grabs. However, finkbr can't stay out that late and duganrm snuck in last nights raid. So I will probably have to hit it a different time. :)

Ooops, I didn't see that post. Don't mean create competition for event caching... Rain is not good... Sounds like rain would wash out any attempt at The Kiss of Midnight based on the cryptic description provided... Anyhoo, this one does seem to be designed for group caching, so anyone interested keep in touch 'cause It's on my very short list...

Anybody interested in a night hunt tonight? I'm thinking about doing The Kiss of Midnight.

We are not going up Cowles due to rain and were going to hit other areas.. perhaps park and grabs. However, finkbr can't stay out that late and duganrm snuck in last nights raid. So I will probably have to hit it a different time. :D

I have no problems watching another group do it. Just don't expect me to be any help. I'll just be there to laugh when you mess up. :wacko: Should be able to finish the cache by 10pm (not sure what finkbr considers late).

Ooops, I didn't see that post. Don't mean create competition for event caching... Rain is not good... Sounds like rain would wash out any attempt at The Kiss of Midnight based on the cryptic description provided... Anyhoo, this one does seem to be designed for group caching, so anyone interested keep in touch 'cause It's on my very short list...

Timing, it seems, is everything and, as usual, mine is lousy... :D I'm really looking forward to doing this one. It sounds like a lot of fun, but...

...I won't be able to go after this cache for a couple of weeks. I'm hoping that there will still be a brave adventurer or two around who will not have done it by then... :wacko:

Timing, it seems, is everything and, as usual, mine is lousy... :wacko: I'm really looking forward to doing this one. It sounds like a lot of fun, but...

...I won't be able to go after this cache for a couple of weeks. I'm hoping that there will still be a brave adventurer or two around who will not have done it by then... :D

I'll still be willing to watch and laugh if you need company. :D

Timing, it seems, is everything and, as usual, mine is lousy... :wacko: I'm really looking forward to doing this one. It sounds like a lot of fun, but...

...I won't be able to go after this cache for a couple of weeks. I'm hoping that there will still be a brave adventurer or two around who will not have done it by then... :D

I would like to do this one! :D I would prefer a Friday or Saturday night but this weekend is out.

Timing, it seems, is everything and, as usual, mine is lousy... :D I'm really looking forward to doing this one. It sounds like a lot of fun, but...

...I won't be able to go after this cache for a couple of weeks. I'm hoping that there will still be a brave adventurer or two around who will not have done it by then... :yikes:

I would like to do this one! :wacko: I would prefer a Friday or Saturday night but this weekend is out.

Me to I want to go. :wacko::D

...I won't be able to go after this cache for a couple of weeks. I'm hoping that there will still be a brave adventurer or two around who will not have done it by then... :yikes:

I would like to do this one! :wacko: I would prefer a Friday or Saturday night but this weekend is out.

Me to I want to go. :wacko::D

Count me in. I'm up for tonight. Rain for not.

I'd be interested, but not tonight. Any idea how much walking is involved?

Bill

Just got done with Flagman,Duncan,and Thunder 4. There's some walking but it's not that bad. Good Luck. :D:D:D

I tried to convince the guys we should head over for the cache since we finished by 8 but a trip to Chilis won out..... :D:D

Timing, it seems, is everything and, as usual, mine is lousy... ;) I'm really looking forward to doing this one. It sounds like a lot of fun, but...

...I won't be able to go after this cache for a couple of weeks. I'm hoping that there will still be a brave adventurer or two around who will not have done it by then... :laughing:

I would like to do this one! :) I would prefer a Friday or Saturday night but this weekend is out.

I have my zat'ni'katel and I'm ready anytime there is another group going.

Anything in the morning going on?

TA

I see that you opted out of hitting up the Cowles Mtn caches a day or two back. You still interested?

I was going to hit up the Cowles trail via Barker trailhead tomorrow morning. I probably have at least a dozen caches to hit up.

Edited by Thunder-4

TA

I see that you opted out of hitting up the Cowles Mtn caches a day or two back. You still interested?

I was going to hit up the Cowles trail via Barker trailhead tomorrow morning. I probably have at least a dozen caches to hit up.

I still need 3 up there but my definition of morning is very liberal. :ph34r:

TA

I still need 3 up there but my definition of morning is very liberal. :ph34r:

I dont think I can get out early enough for the hike. I am covering the home shift this morning, but it may take longer than I expect. I don't want to hold anybody up.

TA

Edited by Team Adelos
Tonight, at 8:00, a group of us are making an assault on 'Kiss of Midnight'.

If you would like to go, please e-mail us and let us know who's going, and further

instructions will be sent to you. Important that we know exactly who will be going,

so the adventure can proceed. :ph34r:

The Splashes :D:D

Darn it! I wish I could go with you guys but I'm heading up to Anaheim for the weekend for Trev's last VB tournament. I plan on doing this one next Saturday night or the following Saturday night! :wub: It looks like I'll be adding this hot one to the SD Consensus Favorites! Have fun! ^_^ Edited by TrailGators

If you would like to go, please e-mail us and let us know who's going, and further

instructions will be sent to you. Important that we know exactly who will be going,

so the adventure can proceed. :wub:

The Splashes :D:ph34r:

Email sent.

so the adventure can proceed. :wub:

The Splashes :ph34r:^_^

It's a possibility for Team Reid. Not quite sure yet... I've sent the e-mail to Janie. Does anyone know the terrain? My Mom made it through the Forbidden Forest with flying colors (I'm so proud of her!), but I'd hate to do much more than that.

Hopefully you will see us tonight!

Robyn of Team Reid :D

so the adventure can proceed. :D

The Splashes :ph34r::D

Darn it! I wish I could go with you guys but I'm heading up to Anaheim for the weekend for Trev's last VB tournament. I plan on doing this one next Saturday night or the following Saturday night! ^_^ It looks like I'll be adding this hot one to the SD Consensus Favorites! Have fun! :wub:

Darn it. I'd like to go as well. TrailGator, if your think of going in two weeks (27th), I'm interested. Mrs. B has plans for us next weekend.

Edited by Boomer and his Cache Bandits

so the adventure can proceed. :D

The Splashes :ph34r::wub:

It's a possibility for Team Reid. Not quite sure yet... I've sent the e-mail to Janie. Does anyone know the terrain? My Mom made it through the Forbidden Forest with flying colors (I'm so proud of her!), but I'd hate to do much more than that.

Hopefully you will see us tonight!

Robyn of Team Reid :D

terrain is easier than the forest. She should have no problems.

I hope to show up to watch. ^_^

Anyone interested in doing Monserate Mystique (I15 - Fallbrook area) Meet at the trailhead at 7am. Also plan on hitting the two other caches along the ridgeline. There are several others in the area if you haven't gotten them too. Should be plenty of time to get to the top, back down and home for the Charger game.

Those are all nice hikes had to turn back after the 1st two my daughter is a Diabetic and couldnt have made it up to the last one. I left a Singapore geocoin up there. that may need to be moved a little help getting that one moved would help. Have a great hike crZy Welder

Crzy Welder, Come and join us if your interested.

BOLO for a smashed Green Chevy Suburban, I just got Nailed tonight coming Back from Fallen Heroes cache (GCVKFQ) this was a hit and run. I will have to be extra nice to the wife tonight i will have to use her grocery getter. I'd like to come along tomorrow. I have been there before but this may be my opportunity to meet some other cachers. See ya all tomorrow. Crzy Welder

Crzy Welder, Come and join us if your interested.

BOLO for a smashed Green Chevy Suburban, I just got Nailed tonight coming Back from Fallen Heroes cache (GCVKFQ) this was a hit and run. I will have to be extra nice to the wife tonight i will have to use her grocery getter. I'd like to come along tomorrow. I have been there before but this may be my opportunity to meet some other cachers. See ya all tomorrow. Crzy Welder

Hit and Run...Ouch. :blink:

so the adventure can proceed. :blink:

The Splashes :blink::o

That was really fun last night. Thanks again for arranging it, and to DAK Girls for creating the cache.

SDGeocachers.org has a new look!

A while back I converted the photo gallery I put up for the 4th Annual Geo-Ocotillo Campout to a website for posting San Diego Cache Event photos. I'm a faithful follower of all the great stories in the forums and the logs and always end up wishing there were more photos of the great hunts.

I finally got around to converting the photo gallery to a more stable version of the software and adding some bells and whistles. The site is a freebie/for fun project and you're all welcome to add your photos or add comments to photos that are already there. You'll have to register to do that but it is easy to do and takes about 1 minute.

You can delete, rotate, and manage your own photos after they're uploaded. You're welcome to link to photos at sdgeocachers.org -- or at least until my bandwidth gets out of hand :)

Check out the features and post some photos of SDCET expeditions. I'm doing this for fun and to get some experience with PHP and Linux, so let me know if anything is broken.

Don't forget, Harmon always needs fresh material!

M2

:D What would a geocaching website be without an e-geocache? FTF prize for the first 10 finders.

M2

Yowza!

Funny you should mention it, just this morning I was thinking about Photoshop lessons and recalling days gone by when there was a discernable interest in the lessons. Never got to present the good stuff such as LAB color space and so on. Too few 'shop freaks I suppose. Pity.

Anyway, good luck on your web-site project. Don't forget Luce's Law ... No good deed goes unpunished.

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies

This Satuday at 8PM, we are meeting to do 'Kiss of Midnight'. Woo Hoo! If you would like to join us, please let me know soon so I add your name to the competitor documentation.

Going so far:

Team Reid and maybe Mr. Team Reid and maybe some of Team Reid's friends

Me and maybe Mrs. TG

Cat and Bobby

Edited by TrailGators

This Satuday at 8PM, we are meeting to do 'Kiss of Midnight'. Woo Hoo! If you would like to join us, please let me know soon so I add your name to the competitor documentation.

Going so far:

Team Reid and maybe Mr. Team Reid and maybe some of Team Reid's friends

Me and maybe Mrs. TG

Cat and Bobby

Add M2 to the list!

Would you like some pics from thr first 2 SD county events for a look at what some of the oldtimerslooked like?

Absolutely! I'll presume "oldtimers" as meaning a pioneer in the sport of geocaching :unsure:

There are a lot of options for uploading. The "From Web Browser" method is bulletproof, but a bit clumsy. If you're running Windows XP, check out the tab for "Windows XP". That method is very convenient and fast. Directions are provided about how to use it.

M2

M2

Yowza!

Funny you should mention it, just this morning I was thinking about Photoshop lessons and recalling days gone by when there was a discernable interest in the lessons. Never got to present the good stuff such as LAB color space and so on. Too few 'shop freaks I suppose. Pity.

Anyway, good luck on your web-site project. Don't forget Luce's Law ... No good deed goes unpunished.

Harmon

I'm a Photoshop neophyte -- and will probably always be one even though I'm a member of NAPP. I followed your lessons here in the forum with interest. Every time I learn something new I realize how much more I don't know.

I'm sure Luce's Law will kick in, even if the Laws of the Old West are enforced. We'll get some fun out of it until the hackers find it. This version of the software is supposed to be quite secure (he said innocently) :unsure:

My-oh-my. It looks like the west side of McGinty is the happening spot these days.

Do I need to go out there a third week in a row? :lol:

What's a good starting spot if one is think of going out to this area?

It depends on which caches you need. We hiked up McGinty from the south side (see previous posting for coords) and then hiked out the west side. There is less elevation gain going that direction.
Updated KOM list:

Team Reid

TrailGators

Cat and Bobby

M2

*We will meet at the starting coords you get when you solve the puzzle.

Smaller Hunting parties will increase the enjoyment. When we went, there were 15 of us. It was still fun, however, I think smaller is better in this case. I thought I would never type that.. anyway, your group will enjoy it. Also, don't over complicate it. Just stand back and enjoy the power of the DAK girls.

TA

Updated KOM list:

Team Reid

TrailGators

Cat and Bobby

M2

Smaller Hunting parties will increase the enjoyment. When we went, there were 15 of us. It was still fun, however, I think smaller is better in this case. I thought I would never type that.. anyway, your group will enjoy it. Also, don't over complicate it. Just stand back and enjoy the power of the DAK girls.

TA

I think we are OK right now. If we did split up into smaller groups how much time do you need in between groups?
Updated KOM list:

Team Reid

TrailGators

Cat and Bobby

M2

TA

I think we are OK right now. If we did split up into smaller groups how much time do you need in between groups?

You need tools which are provided for each step. You are required to replace the tools, prior to moving on to the next.

Once everyone meets at the first coords. One group can leave for the first part - the second group can watch where the first group goes, but will not learn anything that would assist them in solving that part.

However - If the first group is still working the Stargate, the approaching group will see the first group and will know the location and how to work the stargate. While you wont see the detail of the operation of the gate, you will have a huge advantage. Perhaps a phone call can be made to the second group.

For the time between - it depends on how quickly the first group can solve the gate. Hearing from other groups, average is 20-25 minutes.

Updated KOM list:

Team Reid

TrailGators

Cat and Bobby

M2

TA

You need tools which are provided for each step. You are required to replace the tools, prior to moving on to the next.

Once everyone meets at the first coords. One group can leave for the first part - the second group can watch where the first group goes, but will not learn anything that would assist them in solving that part.

However - If the first group is still working the Stargate, the approaching group will see the first group and will know the location and how to work the stargate. While you wont see the detail of the operation of the gate, you will have a huge advantage. Perhaps a phone call can be made to the second group.

For the time between - it depends on how quickly the first group can solve the gate. Hearing from other groups, average is 20-25 minutes.

Thanks. I guess if we get too many people for Saturday, then we can split up into an 8PM and an 8:30PM group....

My-oh-my. It looks like the west side of McGinty is the happening spot these days.

Do I need to go out there a third week in a row? :lol:

What's a good starting spot if one is think of going out to this area?

It depends on which caches you need. We hiked up McGinty from the south side (see previous posting for coords) and then hiked out the west side. There is less elevation gain going that direction.

As TG said it depends on the caches you need, but if you're planning on staying on the west side, you can start at Chuy!'s cache GC10BWX. That's both a good starting point and a place to park.