San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

haloween.gif

Honeydew stuff?!?! :anicute:

Do it on the weekend and give her lots of :anicute: - She'll be sure to let you out on Monday...

Well, if that doesn't work... then you're out of luck... :ph34r:

You forget, I'll be at the campout Fri-Sat-Sun. I needs to keep my caching down to a minimum till a couple weeks after. Anybody know the UK translation for whipped :huh: .

Edited by Chuy!

Honeydew stuff?!?! :huh:

Do it on the weekend and give her lots of :ph34r: - She'll be sure to let you out on Monday...

Well, if that doesn't work... then you're out of luck... :huh:

You forget, I'll be at the campout Fri-Sat-Sun. I needs to keep my caching down to a minimum till a couple weeks after. Anybody know the UK translation for whipped :anicute: .

In my case whipped in the good way would turn into whipped in the bad way if I pushed things too far.... :anicute::( Edited by TrailGators
haloween.gif

Honeydew stuff?!?! :ph34r:

Do it on the weekend and give her lots of :huh: - She'll be sure to let you out on Monday...

Well, if that doesn't work... then you're out of luck... :huh:

You forget, I'll be at the campout Fri-Sat-Sun. I needs to keep my caching down to a minimum till a couple weeks after. Anybody know the UK translation for whipped :anicute: .

:(:anicute:You could bring them with you!!!!!!

Next Monday (10/16), I'm heading out to Tomb Raider with Eric from 'Eric and Hill'. We're planning on renting a 4x4 (X-Terra) for the trip and if anybody want's to tag along to split the cost it's not a problem.

Start time: around 6 am. :anicute: We'll be gone all day since neither of us have done any caches in the area (The Basilisk is another cache we'll definitely do).

Anybody interested????

If you work, take the day off - Remember, even a bad day caching beats any day working. :anicute:

Four Wheel drive not needed, it's just a luxury. High clearence is a bonus, however, Mom's sedan is even better.

I made it out in my Mercedes car... :ph34r:

copyrightedcarimage.jpg

WANTED: SAN DIEGO GEOCACHERS!!

FOX 6 (XETV-TV) San Diego would like to run a live broadcast with local geocachers, talking about geocaching, and actually geocaching next FRIDAY the 13th (my favorite date). We would be on the Fox in the morning show so they anticipate at least 3 live feeds through the duration of the morning show (5:30, 6:30, 7:30, etc.). The only request is, that we are awake (coffee), excited (coffee), and can talk somewhat intelligently about the subject (coffee). So can FATTBOY show up with his wig and donuts? :unsure: The reporter, Sherri Palmeri, even suggested we could place a Fox6 News Cache (mock) or release a Fox6 News travelbug on air (ooooh aahhh). I suggested the central area to broadcast could be somewhere near Mission Trails.

So, anyone want to volunteer and become the next morning star? :unsure:

PassingWind

Did you get any volunteers????

I would like to know if I should tape the whole show (you never know what's going to happen on a live broadcast :blink: ), and I'm unable to watch it since I'm working at that time. Thanx!

FOX 6 (XETV-TV) San Diego would like to run a live broadcast with local geocachers, talking about geocaching, and actually geocaching next FRIDAY the 13th (my favorite date). We would be on the Fox in the morning show so they anticipate at least 3 live feeds through the duration of the morning show (5:30, 6:30, 7:30, etc.). The only request is, that we are awake (coffee), excited (coffee), and can talk somewhat intelligently about the subject (coffee). So can FATTBOY show up with his wig and donuts? :unsure: The reporter, Sherri Palmeri, even suggested we could place a Fox6 News Cache (mock) or release a Fox6 News travelbug on air (ooooh aahhh). I suggested the central area to broadcast could be somewhere near Mission Trails.

So, anyone want to volunteer and become the next morning star? :blink:

PassingWind

I would like to know if I should tape the whole show (you never know what's going to happen on a live broadcast :unsure: ), and I'm unable to watch it since I'm working at that time. Thanx!

I think you should hit up Duncan! and GoBolts! since they are usually out caching on Fridays - you'll just have to get them both Caramel Machiatos to wake them up at that hour.

FOX 6 (XETV-TV) San Diego would like to run a live broadcast with local geocachers, talking about geocaching, and actually geocaching next FRIDAY the 13th (my favorite date). We would be on the Fox in the morning show so they anticipate at least 3 live feeds through the duration of the morning show (5:30, 6:30, 7:30, etc.). The only request is, that we are awake (coffee), excited (coffee), and can talk somewhat intelligently about the subject (coffee). So can FATTBOY show up with his wig and donuts? :) The reporter, Sherri Palmeri, even suggested we could place a Fox6 News Cache (mock) or release a Fox6 News travelbug on air (ooooh aahhh). I suggested the central area to broadcast could be somewhere near Mission Trails.

So, anyone want to volunteer and become the next morning star? :)

PassingWind

I would like to know if I should tape the whole show (you never know what's going to happen on a live broadcast :) ), and I'm unable to watch it since I'm working at that time. Thanx!

Canceled. I think it was the whole Friday the 13th Jason thing.

However, Sherri would like to possibly do a taped broadcast sometime in the future. Maybe Rabbit Peak?

PassingWind

FOX 6 (XETV-TV) San Diego would like to run a live broadcast with local geocachers, talking about geocaching, and actually geocaching next FRIDAY the 13th (my favorite date). We would be on the Fox in the morning show so they anticipate at least 3 live feeds through the duration of the morning show (5:30, 6:30, 7:30, etc.). The only request is, that we are awake (coffee), excited (coffee), and can talk somewhat intelligently about the subject (coffee). So can FATTBOY show up with his wig and donuts? :) The reporter, Sherri Palmeri, even suggested we could place a Fox6 News Cache (mock) or release a Fox6 News travelbug on air (ooooh aahhh). I suggested the central area to broadcast could be somewhere near Mission Trails.

PassingWind

I would like to know if I should tape the whole show (you never know what's going to happen on a live broadcast :) ), and I'm unable to watch it since I'm working at that time. Thanx!

However, Sherri would like to possibly do a taped broadcast sometime in the future. Maybe Rabbit Peak?

PassingWind

:)We are in for Rabbit Peak along with PCwoody. When do we do it? :)

Next Monday (10/16), I'm heading out to Tomb Raider with Eric from 'Eric and Hill'. We're planning on renting a 4x4 (X-Terra) for the trip and if anybody want's to tag along to split the cost it's not a problem.

Start time: around 6 am. :) We'll be gone all day since neither of us have done any caches in the area (The Basilisk is another cache we'll definitely do).

Anybody interested????

If you work, take the day off - Remember, even a bad day caching beats any day working. :)

- Bump -

So what are the details of this adventure. I know I am going, and I hear that duganrm may also attend in their jeep. Starting at 6am is pretty early.. Where is the intended meeting place and caching area expected to hit?

TA

Start time: around 6 am. :) We'll be gone all day since neither of us have done any caches in the area (The Basilisk is another cache we'll definitely do).

Anybody interested????

If you work, take the day off - Remember, even a bad day caching beats any day working. :)

- Bump -

So what are the details of this adventure. I know I am going, and I hear that duganrm may also attend in their jeep. Starting at 6am is pretty early.. Where is the intended meeting place and caching area expected to hit?

TA

Since it's a puzzle cache I cannot give the details in the forum. I'll e-mail you my phone no's and we can talk about it.

PB

PassingWind

PassingWind

:)We are in for Rabbit Peak along with PCwoody. When do we do it? :)

ME TO :):)

Only about a week to go until the campout...........and no snow in sight! :wub:

We're hoping you are getting all of your ingredients together for your award winning chili!

We have trophies for the first three places in the chili cookoff and the dessert contest , donated by Fishpoet and Westwardho. Please whip up your favorite dessert (Jodi) and enter it, if you don't, we won't have any goodies to eat after the chili! :wacko:

We have lots of great raffle stuff, and we don't want to fail to mention the luxurious porta potties with washbasins!!! Also, the poker run is total money payback, so you have a chance to become rich overnight!

(O.K., maybe not rich)

We will be there on Friday morning to set things up and a few more new caches may pop up by then. <_<

You can bring your ATV'S with you, but remember, no squirrling around on the campout property, you have miles and miles to do that in all around you. Watch out for kids and dogs, and a few geocachers!

See you all there!

The Splashes <_<:huh:

may not be snow but the wet weather is supposed to be coming today.

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SAN DIEGO CA

500 AM PDT FRI OCT 13 2006

CAZ042-043-048-050-055>058-060>062-132000-

ORANGE COUNTY COASTAL AREAS-SAN DIEGO COUNTY COASTAL AREAS-

SAN BERNARDINO AND RIVERSIDE COUNTY VALLEYS-THE INLAND EMPIRE-

SAN DIEGO COUNTY VALLEYS-SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY MOUNTAINS-

RIVERSIDE COUNTY MOUNTAINS-SANTA ANA MOUNTAINS AND FOOTHILLS-

SAN DIEGO COUNTY MOUNTAINS-APPLE AND LUCERNE VALLEYS-

COACHELLA VALLEY-SAN DIEGO COUNTY DESERTS-

500 AM PDT FRI OCT 13 2006

...SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS POSSIBLE TODAY THROUGH SATURDAY..

A LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WAS APPROACHING THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA COAST

THIS MORNING. IT WILL MOVE OVER SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA TONIGHT THROUGH

SATURDAY MORNING. THIS SYSTEM WILL BRING THE FIRST WIDESPREAD

MEASURABLE PRECIPITATION TO SOUTHWEST CALIFORNIA THIS FALL SEASON.

PRELIMINARY RAINFALL ESTIMATES ARE FOR AROUND ONE QUARTER OF AN INCH

IN MOST AREAS WEST OF THE MOUNTAINS AND AROUND ONE HALF INCH IN THE

MOUNTAINS. HOWEVER...GIVEN THE CONVECTIVE NATURE OF THE

PRECIPITATION...AMOUNTS ARE EXPECTED TO BE HIGHLY VARIABLE. LOCAL

RAINFALL AMOUNTS OF AN INCH WILL BE POSSIBLE IN HEAVY SHOWERS OR

THUNDERSTORMS...ESPECIALLY OVER HIGHER TERRAIN. SMALL HAIL AND

LOCALLY GUSTY WINDS WILL BE POSSIBLE IN HEAVIEST SHOWERS. LOCAL

STREET FLOODING COULD ALSO OCCUR...AND IF THE HEAVIER SHOWERS MOVE

INTO RECENT BURN AREAS...SUCH AS WITH THE SAWTOOTH/MILLARD FIRE..

THEN MUD AND DEBRIS FLOWS WILL BE POSSIBLE.

SNOW LEVELS WILL BE HIGH IN ADVANCE OF THE SYSTEM...ABOVE 10000

FEET...BUT WILL LOWER BRIEFLY TO 7000 OR 7500 FEET LATE TONIGHT AND

EARLY SATURDAY WITH SNOWFALL OF A FEW INCHES POSSIBLE ON THE HIGHEST

PEAKS.

THE SYSTEM WILL MOVE TO THE EAST SATURDAY NIGHT...AND PRECIPITATION

SHOULD END THEN.

Y'all gonna die!

Thanks, but I already did that cache... <_<<_<:wacko:

O yeah, so you did. Some cache, I nearly died placing that darned thing.

There's a book somebody should write, "Geocaching Words and Phrases You Can't Trust." For example -

Easy ...

Short stroll ...

Quick find ...

Cache and dash ...

Gentle rise ...

Up ... [used in any context]

Bush ...

In plain sight ...

Micro ...

Nano ...

Edited by SD Rowdies

Start time: around 6 am. :( We'll be gone all day since neither of us have done any caches in the area (The Basilisk is another cache we'll definitely do).

Anybody interested????

If you work, take the day off - Remember, even a bad day caching beats any day working. :laughing:

- Bump -

TA

Let me know if a dog can make the trek.

I plan on a visit to or from the drive to the campout. Maybe in between; it will be up to the other "!" members.

I'm planning on heading out to the Camp-out early Friday, picking up caches as I go from Poway to Borrego and home sometime around noon Sunday. I have room in in my Yukon for 1 or 2 people and their gear or we could convoy out. Anyone interested? Jeff / drexotic

Thanks for the offer Jeff but I'm set already. I'll be heading out there Friday afternoon and heading back Sunday around noon.

It looks like it will be a warm weekend out there:

5954f3b4-c020-45f9-823b-b68c91dd2dbb.jpg

Edited by TrailGators
anyone got nice simple directions to the campout....yes i know. just follow the little arrow on the gpsr....but which is the quicker route: 8 east or julian and down banner grade?
I think the little arrow knows the fastest and the shortest ways! ;)

Without the little arrow my guess would be 8 to 79 to 78....

Edited by TrailGators

anyone got nice simple directions to the campout....yes i know. just follow the little arrow on the gpsr....but which is the quicker route:

8 east or julian and down banner grade?

From Lakeside we go: Hwy 67 to Santa Ysabel, to Hwy. 79, to S-2, to Hwy. 78. You don't need to go down Banner Grade, go that way, much easier!

Splashette

anyone got nice simple directions to the campout....yes i know. just follow the little arrow on the gpsr....but which is the quicker route:

From Lakeside we go: Hwy 67 to Santa Ysabel, to Hwy. 79, to S-2, to Hwy. 78. You don't need to go down Banner Grade, go that way, much easier!

Splashette

:ph34r::laughing::unsure::laughing:;) Hey! Going down the grade is half the fun! :ph34r:<_<:anibad::laughing::ph34r:

Splashette

:ph34r::laughing::unsure::laughing:;) Hey! Going down the grade is half the fun! :ph34r:<_<:anibad::laughing::ph34r:

Yea! Plus my little arrow was taking you the more scenic route! :o

Splashette

:laughing::ph34r::unsure:;):laughing: Hey! Going down the grade is half the fun! <_<:anibad::ph34r::ph34r::o

Yea! Plus my little arrow was taking you the more scenic route! ;)

Sure! Over the hill and through the woods... :laughing:

Splashette

:ph34r:<_<:o;):laughing: Hey! Going down the grade is half the fun! :unsure::anibad:;):ph34r:;)

Yea! Plus my little arrow was taking you the more scenic route! ;)

Sure! Over the hill and through the woods... :laughing:

:laughing:

Plus there are some really fun Manny caches you could do if you went that way!!! :ph34r:

Edited by TrailGators

Start time: around 6 am. :laughing: We'll be gone all day since neither of us have done any caches in the area (The Basilisk is another cache we'll definitely do).

Anybody interested????

If you work, take the day off - Remember, even a bad day caching beats any day working. ;)

- Bump -

TA

I plan on a visit to or from the drive to the campout. Maybe in between; it will be up to the other "!" members.

Ginger would have no problems with Tomb Raider. The Basilisk on the other hand would require a dog harness and a pulley system. :laughing:

Splashette

S-2 is San Felipe Rd, right? I forget, but I agree this is the quickest, although Garmin auto routers will want to take you through Julian. You can also substitute S2 with Montezuma Valley Rd that takes you through Borrego Springs. Not much longer and there be lots of caches along the way.

Dillon Gang, didn't you take this route last year?

Splashette

S-2 is San Felipe Rd, right? I forget, but I agree this is the quickest, although Garmin auto routers will want to take you through Julian. You can also substitute S2 with Montezuma Valley Rd that takes you through Borrego Springs. Not much longer and there be lots of caches along the way.

San Felipe is right. That's the way we go because it's a lot safer when you're pulling a trailer.

Splashette

San Felipe is right. That's the way we go because it's a lot safer when you're pulling a trailer.

I agree, San Felipe (S2) to 78.....turn right on Split Mountain Road....address 6090 Split Mountain Road....the number is on the chain link fence....right side of the road. (wow! Would you consider that a spoiler? too much info huh?) ;) Oh and there'll be a San Diego Geocachers Sign too!

Splashette

I agree, San Felipe (S2) to 78.....turn right on Split Mountain Road....address 6090 Split Mountain Road....the number is on the chain link fence....right side of the road. (wow! Would you consider that a spoiler? too much info huh?) ;) Oh and there'll be a San Diego Geocachers Sign too!

...plus there's caches along this route. :D

Only a few more days until the campout. The schedule is now on the cache page, so check it out so you don't miss anything. Everything gets underway Sat. night at 6:00, so make sure you are back from caching, etc. to get your chili, desserts, salad, etc. ready. If anyone doesn't have anything in mind to bring yet, we could use some chopped onions and shredded cheese for the chili. If you are already bringing chili, etc.

PLEASE bring something to serve it with ~ spoons, whatever.

We are all looking forward to visiting with our local cachers as well as caching friends that are coming from a long distance away, even a mysterious, surprise cacher is showing up!!!!

We can't wait, this campout is going to be a blast!!!! :P;):D

The Geo Ocotillo Campout Crew

... even a mysterious, surprise cacher is showing up... :lol::laughing::unsure:

The Geo Ocotillo Campout Crew

The Great Pumpkin is coming! Oh boy, I can't wait!

GreatPumpkin.jpg

Chuy! you guessed who it was!! :lol: Note that the Great Pumpkin! has now added a "!" to the end of his name! :unsure:

:huh: What makes you think the Great Pumpkin! is a "he"?

It cannot be the Geat Pumpkin. He or she was eaten by the Kite-Eating-Tree. Look here . .

It cannot be the Geat Pumpkin. He or she was eaten by the Kite-Eating-Tree. Look here . .

Snake, my server at work blocked out that link 'cause the URL belongs to "Erotica and Se_" :P . You trying to get me in trouble?

Blocked for me too....... :)

I don't know how that happened. The URL is http://www.thatvideosite.com/video/3409 It is just a video site, though based on the ads on the side, it is probably sponsored by some porn site. Most of these things are. Someone has to pay the bills, I guess

Snake, my server at work blocked out that link 'cause the URL belongs to "Erotica and Se_" :) . You trying to get me in trouble?

I don't know how that happened. The URL is http://www.thatvideosite.com/video/3409 It is just a video site, though based on the ads on the side, it is probably sponsored by some porn site. Most of these things are. Someone has to pay the bills, I guess
Just watched it (at home). Funny! :P

Snake, my server at work blocked out that link 'cause the URL belongs to "Erotica and Se_" :P . You trying to get me in trouble?

Just watched it (at home). Funny! :)

That's funny. I don't quite remember it that way from when I watched it when I was a kid.

Start time: around 6 am. <_< We'll be gone all day since neither of us have done any caches in the area (The Basilisk is another cache we'll definitely do).

Anybody interested????

If you work, take the day off - Remember, even a bad day caching beats any day working. ;)

- Bump -

TA

We were out there on Monday, almost brought GEO-K9-Betsy, but wasn't sure. Turns out it would been been fine. Dogs take the low opening, big people take the high opening, but they both meet up inside. There are other low/high roads inside, but they all meet up. Flashlight is a must!! As you walk through the cave, look up at the high ceilings, then don't walk on the top of the hills once outside, or you may have a quick decent. :):D

I'll be making a MTRP run this afternoon / evening starting with XJ5Q. I'm looking to knockout about 20 caches. If you would like to join me, I'll be at the trail head off of Clairemont Mesa at 4:30 today. Would be great to have another cacher join up with me! If you plan to come shoot me an e-mail or call my cell (619) 840-7765